Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Default [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Please, post here any issues about ACW installation or/and launcher
    ~~~

______________________________How to Install Correctly_____________________________

Installing

Previous versions of our mod must be uninstalled before you install this new version!
    The new version comes in a single file and does not need to be unzipped first.

To install mod, simple run ACW_3_4_setup.exe
    and follow the onscreen instructions.

When the installer previews the install directory, make sure that the path is correct.
    The install directory depends on where you have installed Empire Total War.

Default Locations of Empire Total War:

Win 64 Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war
    Win 32 Bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war

If you have installed your game in another location (e.g. another HD), redirect installer to the right path.

Uninstall

There are 2 ways of uninstalling this mod:
    1) Go to Start>Programs>ACW 3.0 Brothers vs Brothers>uninstall for main mod and ...>
    ACW 3.0 Brothers vs Brothers Music >uninstall for Music pack
    2) Use Windows uninstall feature

Warning: Before uninstall use launcher to restore to Vanilla Ready
    so all files return in mod folders for complete uninstallation.

If you had disabled Restore Mode and you do not receive the pop up message (Vanilla Ready),
    then enable it back in menu, Settings.

Last edited by shokh; July 03, 2012 at 08:32 AM.

Default Re: ACW Installation & Launcher [Public]

ACW Launcher

The ACW launcher is simple to use: start it, select campaign, click ‘n play. It is also powerful in adjusting and controlling the mod launch procedure. You can start the launcher by double-clicking the desktop shortcut or clicking on the shortcut in Start>Programs>ACW 3.0 Brothers vs Brothers folder. There you can find a mod uninstall link as well. You can also uninstall ACW using Windows uninstall feature.

When launcher starts, first it will check for presence of a user script file. If such file isn't present, launcher will automatically create one. If there is a user script file (or the new blank created), a backup copy will be created for restoring usage. ACW will always build user script the last second before the game isstarted, so you won’t be able to have access to the file itself. However you can use an included handy editor to edit user script (see
    Edit menu). Next you have to select the desired campaign ( menu Campaigns). Current selection is shown in the center of the launcher, under the faction buttons. When you are set click on CS or US and mod will start launching. While launching, if any files located in game’s data folder don't belong to vanilla nor ACW, a warning message will pop up prompting you to either abort, or continue launching. If you abort launching and you want to check the data files, open Check Files utility in menu Utilities. You will find a list with the spare files. If you remove any of them you will be prompted to open Edit UserScript utility to check if there are any mod commands related with the removed files. These commands must also be removed. When you are done, simply click on the faction of your preference and you are ready to play.

As long as Empire is running, launcher cannot be closed. This protects your mod files from damaging. When you have finished playing and closed the Empire, you can close the launcher. You will be asked if you want the Empire to remain in ACW ready or Vanilla ready mode. If you are planning to play ACW next time when you start the Empire, select ACW ready for faster mod loading. If you select the vanilla ready, then all the files and changes that were made for the ACW will be reversed, including the restoration of user script file.

Menu

File:
    Here you can have an easy access to several useful files and folders of the mod and the game. You can open user script and preferences script or go in mod folder, game’s data folder, scripts folder and saved games folder.

Edit: There is a handy user script editor where you can add or remove commands in user script file. Click on help icon for details.

Settings:
    Here you can find Check Files utility along with other useful settings. Start Check Files and click on help icon for details. Next item in Settings is Enable Restore Mode. By selecting it, the Restore Mod pop up messages is enabled again, if you have disabled it previously (see Other Functions). Last item in Settings is Audio where you can enable or mute the launcher’s audio. It is disabled automatically before the game is launched.

Campaigns:
    Here you can check the currently selected campaign or select the campaign you want to play. In version 3.0 RTI 3 and Warpath campaign maps are available. This is a one-time selection and launcher will keep it in memory until you change it yourself.

Help: Here you can find the manual, typical infos About the mod and ACW forum link.

Other Functions

Restore utility: As it was noted above, every time you close the launcher, Restore Mode window will pop up asking you to select a restore mode. You can disable the pop up by ticking the related check box. You can use this utility any time you want to restore vanilla for some reason: start launcher, close it and select Vanilla ready. If you had previously disabled it, you can enable it back in menu, Settings.

Log report:
    For troubleshooting and better support, launcher creates a log report with all the actions made during every launching step. This is extremely useful for us to spot possible problems. It is saved in acw_log.txt, in mod folder (easy access in menu File). When you post for support about start-up issues, you must always include this log in report to the ACW Team (it can be long, so please, use the tags).

Last edited by Minas Moth; June 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

Default Re: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

I deleted the patch_ge.pack file and the local ge_pack.file, wich were shown as nonvanilla and non ACW, now my empire doesnt work anymore... in which folder do i have to put them back??

Quote Originally Posted by freazy View Post
    I deleted the patch_ge.pack file and the local ge_pack.file, wich were shown as nonvanilla and non ACW, now my empire doesnt work anymore... in which folder do i have to put them back??
    Sorry about it, I had not taken in mind the other language files. Please place them in game's data folder (...\empire total war\data) and ignore the message about finding non vanilla files (just select OK).

Your annoying experience will help me to fix that in a next release, so sorry again and thanks!

Well, i can start empire right now, but when i try to start an ACW Campaign as Union my game closes and it says "Empire Total War, doesnt work anymore"

maybe because i play on very hard / hard? or isnt it a problem of ingame options? like graphics etc.

Wait where is the install link?

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post
    Wait where is the install link?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=533197

Thanks,but i found it almost immediatetly after asking, but i downloaded it and selected warpath then selected CS but after it installs it says application error and i cant play it it's driving me insane and just in case it matters vannilla ETW doesn't work either but not because of the mod it hasn't worked for a while plz help or i will be thnx any way btw should i just get a new lap top? or what?

I get the following when I click on the exe:

Error: attempt to concatenate global 'sProduct' (a nil value)

Stack Traceback:

1: [Project -> On Startup] Line: 48 in main chunk

I'm tyrying to use a pack file that is meant to replace sound effect and what not in game. Obviously the file contained in the .pack I'm trying to use is going to take the place of some original files. Even when I enter it's name into the script file and update it, it does not seem as if any changes have actually been made. The same sound and music is there. So how do I get this to work?
    [signature]

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post
    Thanks,but i found it almost immediatetly after asking, but i downloaded it and selected warpath then selected CS but after it installs it says application error and i cant play it it's driving me insane and just in case it matters vannilla ETW doesn't work either but not because of the mod it hasn't worked for a while plz help or i will be thnx any way btw should i just get a new lap top? or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstone View Post
    I get the following when I click on the exe:

Error: attempt to concatenate global 'sProduct' (a nil value)

Stack Traceback:

1: [Project -> On Startup] Line: 48 in main chunk
    Read KNOWN ISSUES thread before posting please!

Please help me, I follow all of the instructions but when i put the file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war no launch guide appears at the desck top and i cant find it i really want to play this mod. also do i need to have a previous blue amd the grey mod to play. thank you.

Where do I get 3.1 I want to play but, have no Warpath and how do I install it

Quote Originally Posted by theminiatureman View Post
    Please help me, I follow all of the instructions but when i put the file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war no launch guide appears at the desck top and i cant find it i really want to play this mod. also do i need to have a previous blue amd the grey mod to play. thank you.
    It is not clear what you mean. Run setup file and make sure that it will be installed in main game's directory. Version 3.0 is a full version.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeskywalker678 View Post
    Where do I get 3.1 I want to play but, have no Warpath and how do I install it
    In technical subforum there is fix 3.0.1 available but I suggest to wait a bit since in a while the official 3.1.0 patch will be uploaded.

Why soldiers dont have bayonets ?

I installed your mod per instructions. First time I launched the game a screen came up asking if I waned to keep or discard files that were not Empire Total War. The were Darthmod Ultimate Commander associated files. I said no. and selected continue. I selected CS and I got to the campaign menu. I selected short campaign. The game then starts to load and then crashes to desktop. Same if I select the Union. I take it other mods installed in Empire Total War will conflict with ACW? Also for patch 3.1 your instructions were to place the files in the ACW directory and data directory. There are two data directories located in Empire Total War.
    One is in ACW and the other is in Empire Total War. Which data directory do the patch data folder files go into?.
    Last edited by namvet; May 20, 2012 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarkT View Post
    Why soldiers dont have bayonets ?
    It will be added in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    I installed your mod per instructions. First time I launched the game a screen came up asking if I waned to keep or discard files that were not Empire Total War. The were Darthmod Ultimate Commander associated files. I said no. and selected continue. The game continues to crash to desktop. I take it other mods installed in Empire Total War will conflict with ACW? Also for patch 3.1 your instructions were to place the files in the ACW directory and data directory. There are two data directories located in Empire Total War.
    One is in ACW and the other is in Empire Total War. Which data directory do the patch data folder files go into?.
    You cannot use major mods or mods that use their own campaign files together with ACW.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It will be added in a future update.

You cannot use major mods or mods that use their own campaign files together with ACW.
    You might want to add "You cannot use major mods or mods that use their own campaign files together with ACW" in your instructions. Also I tried your remove files not associated with Empire Total War thus removing all the DMUC files. Then tried to load the game still crashed. When I went to restore Vanilla the only files restored were the empire total war files. I had to go the the empire total war directory and manually restore all the DMUC files back to their original locations.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    You might want to add "You cannot use major mods or mods that use their own campaign files together with ACW" in your instructions. Also I tried your remove files not associated with Empire Total War thus removing all the DMUC files. Then tried to load the game still crashed. When I went to restore Vanilla the only files restored were the empire total war files. I had to go the the empire total war directory and manually restore all the DMUC files back to their original locations.
    In this forum, Tango posted that no manual removing of DMUC files should be used. you can use DMUC's disable DMUC files command in options I believe... will search forum and post exact post of Tango...

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast