Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Default Re: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

So ive got everything done and downloaded except for the when i downloaded the ZoR 3.5 and unzipped it, how am i supposed to run the setup.exe??

what do I do with the lua, setup, and data files that come with the 3.5 download?

I have no idea what is going on anymore. What I do know is that this module used to work perfectly before, but since the crash and hard drive blanking it's been a happy coincidence (and one now on the verge of being long forgotten) at best. I run 3.4. I run 3.41. I've even gone as far as installing 3.5 when I can. I even restarted to make sure I was opening Steam ASAP. But under *no* circumstances can I get a reliable startup. I let it go through the motions, I click one fo the buttons, and my screen goes black and I get the whirl like it's loading up only for it to collapse like a deck of cards seconds later, running a non-descript error message that "Empire:Total War has stopped working" or something like that.

The only explanation I have is that it has something to do with the DLC package I bought (because it was somehow cheaper to get all of it than just Warpath.....), but I can't imagine why that should be an issue.

Please help.

Hi I downloaded all the stuff i had to and i also put it all where i had to, bu when i would choose vanilla ready my empire total war would load it would look like t was but it would then stop does anyone have a explanation to why this is happening if so please help.

I can't get it to launch either. I unzipped the downloaded files to the Empire Total War folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war. I see a ACW folder with a few things in it, but no way to actually launch the game. When I use the regular Empire.exe it launches vanilla. How do I launch ACW?

the ACW.exe icon on your desktop

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

I'm sorry. I understood some of what stoney wrote, but not a bit of what andy wrote. Maybe it's cause I'm not a native English speaker, but more likely it's because my sense of grammar is in too much shock, so I'll just let it go... Ok?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

I bought a new laptop and im trying to install 3.4 from moddb with WinRAR but WinRAR wont open it saying the file is corrupted or missing files. can anyone help with this? I've also tried using winzip same issue

So, I played this mod once, one or two years ago. Worked fine then. I installed Empire and the Mod again but now I always get the application error 5:00000065434 whenever I want to start it. I changed the campaign type to RTI 3 since I donīt have Warpath, I changed the language to ge and I unclicked and reclicked the ZoR SubMod but nothing helped. Multiple reinstalling of both Empire and ACW doesnīt work. Before installing ACW vanilla Empire works fine but after I installed it and got this message even Empire doesīt work anymore. Hereīs my log, maybe someone can help me because I havenīt found something helpful for this error so far:
    ACW 3.X log - 10/02/2018
    --------------------------
    Info:
    Registered owner: User, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: x 64 - Proffesional, Version: 6, Build Number: 9200
    Memory: Total: 16375 Available: 8822
    Display: 1920 x 1080 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    ACW path: ...\Empire Total War\ACW
    Current Campaign: Warpath
    Steam Status: n/a
    Current non vanilla files in data folder:

Actions:
    * 00:27:57 -> Mod started
    * 00:27:57 -> boot.pack removed.
    * 00:28:05 -> bg_art.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:28:06 -> bg_boot.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:28:10 -> RTI3 campaign selected (menu).
    * 00:28:54 -> bg_core.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:28:56 -> bg_db.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:29:17 -> bg_models.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:29:17 -> bg_movie.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:29:44 -> bg_music.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:36:17 -> US selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 00:36:17 -> scripting_us_union.lua copied.
    * 00:36:17 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 00:36:17 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 00:36:17 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 00:36:17 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 00:36:17 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 00:36:17 -> mod bg_camp_rti.pack;
    * 00:36:17 -> mod bg_us_rti.pack;
    * 00:36:17 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for US RTI3.
    * 00:36:18 -> bg_camp_rti.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:36:20 -> bg_us_rti.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:36:22 -> bg_us_txt.pack moved from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.
    * 00:36:22 -> Startpos copied from H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3\US to H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\ACW_RTI3.
    * 00:36:22 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 00:36:22 -> ==========================================

* 00:36:25 -> Empire started succesfully
    * 00:36:25 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data:

* 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_art.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_boot_zor.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_camp_rti.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_core.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_db.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_MM_ZoR.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_models.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_music.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_us_rti.pack
    * 00:36:25 -> H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_us_txt.pack

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Well as the ACW launcher is relativly old I suppose it heads for the ETW.exe. Sadly steam pops out an error in this case because steam somewhere switched to starting the game via links. You should go to some steam forums to check if you can revert this.

Furthermore from what I can see in the log (without knowing the launcher and it's structure) the launcher works as it should.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Well, first of all thank you for your help. It cleared everything a bit. I tried to install Empire and ACW on my C drive, where my Steam.exe is located and after much worrying it finally worked. Previously I tried to copy the Steam.exe in my Empire folder on my H drive but this just caused it to crash during loading screen but now I can finally play it. So again, thank you for your help

So I recently tried to install and play the ACW 3.6.2 mod, and followed the instructions exactly. But when I go into the launcher and attempt to play, I get an application load error 5:0000065434. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?