Thread: Before reinstalling game

Default Before reinstalling game

Some times is inevitable to reinstall game for solving a problem. Before that here is a work around that might help you avoid full installation:

(ACW 3.0 or later): Start ACW and select Settings, Check Files. Remove all the files shown in the list (if any) since they do not belong in Empire. Then go in menu File and select Go, Scripts Folder. Open user.empire_script_user.txt and delete all lines (if any) leaving it blank. Close ACW and select Vanilla Ready. If you had disabled Restore Mode and you do not receive the pop up message, enable it back in Settings. Then let Steam check your files (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=359856). If the problem is still there then you know what you have to do... .
    But...

If there is not luck and you decided to uninstall and reinstall game to solve your (unexplained) problem here are a couple of tips:,

First uninstall game but after that make sure that no files have been remained in former ..\empire total war directory (if it still exists, means that there are remains). If there are, delete everything manually. Have in mind that uninstallation removes only official game files that were installed in first place, so if you have added mod files, these will remain after uninstallation. And perhaps the reason of your problem...

How to install game from disks?

Sometimes Steam won't let you install the game from disks (if you have a retailed version), making installation a very long process, especially on slow connections. To fix that:

1. Start Steam and login.
    2. Insert the first disc into your computer.
    3. Close Steam (Steam > Exit).
    4. Press Windows Key + R to open Run
    5. In the Run window type:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:
    where E is CD/DVD drive you are installing from. Replace if necessary. C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam is the default location so replace it with yours if you have it elsewhere.

7. Press OK. Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved. Your installation should continue from the disc.

If nothing worked then first and then ... make love not war!

Default Re: Before reinstalling game

Just a quicky Hussar..big respect for sharing the frustration of a fresh install with info..gods blood do I hate steam!! Grrr, but 15 hours later a fresh install and she's up and running. I finally get a taste of how hard you guys work..BIG respect indeed! I know there's been alot of neg feedback but just wanted to throw some love your way..xx Matofact

Default Re: Before reinstalling game

Thanks, I really appreciate that!