Thread: Oblivion's essencial mods?

Default Oblivion's essencial mods?

After trying Skyrim and enjoying it a lot, I decided to give Oblivion a try too and play it together with Skyrim.So far I thought Oblivion's pretty good. However since there's hundreds of mods for it I'd like to know what are the must-download mods for it. Especially graphic and gameplay mods.

Also, from what I've seen Oblivion's towns suffer the same problem as Skyrim's: They're far too empty. Are there any mods that make the cities more populated?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: Oblivion's essencial mods?

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I only realized that Oblivion had os many great mods recently (had it on 360), so I ever got to play them. I really also just feel like I can't go back to Oblivion after Skyrim (outdated graphics compared to Skyrim, comparatively bad combat, although Oblivion was best game ever until Skyrim). I have looked up a few (apparently this one called Neherim is really good, but I'd advice against playing it until after a decent amount of time in oblivion

EDIT-Link http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

I am looking into getting Oblivion on the computer to play this, but am not sure I can play Oblivion after skyrim (I couldn't play Morrowind after Oblivion, that great game from my childhood).

That also reminds me. Does anyone remember how Morrowind could diverge in so many different ways, like how if you had high luck, you'd find the dead guy with the levitation spells? What a classic......Oh nostalgia.......
    from the oblivion thread. This was my response to your question. Like I said, I'd wait awhile to download it as its a total conversion. It's supposedly one of the best. Look up the gameplay if you want.

Yeah I knew about Nehrim. It sounds really awesome but I'll stick to Oblivion and Skyrim for a while before trying a total conversion mod.

Qarl's texture mod seems nice, I'm downloading it now. If I have Steam oblivion the installing method for mods is the same right? ( putting them in steamapps/common/oblivion/data )

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

BTW, do you find it hard to play Oblivion after playing Skyrim (outdated), becuase I couldn't play Morrowind anymore after getting Oblivion. That's why I'm so cautious to get Oblivion on the PC, as I think I'll probably be unable to play it because of the outdated combat

Also, do you know if a Logitech Dual Action controller will work with Oblivion, as it works with Star Wars Battlefront 2 but not really anything else. (Kinda funny how I reverse topics on your thread)

If I find any other good mods I'll let you know.

I find both Oblivion and Skyrim have boring and outdated combat.

But 3rd person camera in Oblivion is terrible.

Ugh. For some reason , when I install Qarl's texture pack with OMM and click on "add mod" nothing happens and OMM freezes...

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Probably because it's huge and just needs time.

Install FCOM, gives you the best of everything
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

There was some kind of step by step spider diagram I saw some time ago on the internet which started off with basically installing Oblivion then guide you through installing all these amazing and essential mods to make the perfect Oblivion experience. If I find it again I'll post it here.

Edit: Although it's not the same, I found this one which is very decent:

http://perfectworlds.wordpress.com/2...ptimise-guide/
    Last edited by Shneckie; May 06, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Probably because it's huge and just needs time.

Install FCOM, gives you the best of everything

Nope. It's not like QTP just takes a long time to load. It COMPLETELY freezes my whole computer and I get messages saying that the plugin has failed or something. Absolutely nothing happens.

FCOM, It has OOO, not Francesco's ,right? Which is better BTW?
    Last edited by beckyolt; May 06, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Ugh, for some reason Oblivion crashes every time I quit. I've installed two or three mods that supposedly would fix the problem. None worked.

And is there any way to remove this *zoom in NPC's face during conversations* thing? It's just absolutely retarded =/
    Last edited by beckyolt; May 10, 2012 at 05:42 AM.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

FCOM is OOO, Fran's and a boatload of other overhaul mods put together. FCOM scared me though, so I just used Fran's, which isn't too shabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Yep, kinda weird, Oblivions runs worse than my maxed Skyrim w/ graphical mods.

Any performance mods?