Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forming Arnor

Default Re: Forming Arnor

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Alao, do not, as any faction, accept all adoption offers; every General costs you 500 gp a Turn, so only accept the ones with good traits. For me it is about 25- 33% of them. The rest, say no. And remember to use them in battle. Also, if you go to the Guides Section- and here- there are lots of threads with useful advice. FPoE and Gondor are some of the most popular and oft-adviced-on factions. I find FPoE easy-ish, Gondor hard. You may also want to not play on VH/VH to start with, but start on M/M.
    I mainly start any total war game on m/m. If i do it on anything less i find that the ai just invades on the spot without any diplomacy.
    Thinking about FPOE's starting position and eventualy when i get them to become arnor and i have eliminated the two orc factions next to me apart from isengard i find it hard to think that i will get a chance to really use arnors army to its potential unless the other evil factions have managed to work their way towards me. I can just imagine that i get arnor to reamerge and i get wedged between three to four good factions without any big good vs evil climactic battle, but that could just be me

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

No that is the usual conundrum with Arnor, when you can form it, you have usually won.

u could have arnir form like marius reforms in Rome total war when specific needs are met.

Or if you accept all adoption offers you have to pack them, use them quick to get some cities that you sell to some AI and make a lot of $$ x)
    But that's risky.

Very unlore Elensul. I prefer to take the required territories, then turtle- though in my current FPoE campaign, I accidentally wiped out OoG- oups. But now I will turtle, if only those idiot Councillors of mine were not so expansionist...

The Marian Reforms on RTW are too easily attained- as everything else in RTW. Easy games are boring. But one could perhaps tweak a bit and say that total population of FPoE has to be higher than xxx + the territories taken + a certain date + Aragorn (or another heir of Isildur has to have certain traits). That is what we do in EB and very few get the Marian Reforms there; I have done it twice in perhaps 15 campaigns.

For simplicity twinlion, I am pretty certain that if you search the Forum, you can find instructions as to how to build Hall of Kings in a smaller city. I believe it includes changing "Huge City" in EDB to "Large City" or "Minor City" depending on your preference.

i was only using the marious reforms as a referance since they were a timed event anyway but somthing like that for erabor if u made a set requirements. But i agree with what u said. Everything from terrortary to population should be the key but make sooner into the campaign and then have story based objective where u aided gondor/rohan fight their way to mordor.
    maybe Have it so u releive helmsdeep when the saruman attack then push on to ride with rohan to pincer attack the orcs who have just invaded gondors capital. Then one last push onto the black gates of mordor to wipe out sauron???

damn i gotta stop using my phone to post relpies!! lol
    Last edited by Mhaedros; May 10, 2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: triple post

Quote Originally Posted by twinlion View Post
    ive played the erador campain about a dozen times now and i keep on getting swamped! dispite this i cant stop playing cos its so addictive.
    If i rush to get territories i end up overtaxing myself, and if i sit and work on my economy those pesky elves take the areas i need lol
    I find that eradors militia are unable to be used effectivly as a work horse to take areas at the start of the campaign by themselve. If u had the ability to build woodsmen at the start too maybe it would help, i dunno. Need to re look at my stratagies for the campaign!! lol
    i think i can guide you to success
    just so you know with my only play with the free people i was most of the time at the start with a minus...but i reached a turn of a 367 or something with my two mods so...yeah xD
    btw that was a crazy experiment i made it in a backup folder and it worked
    -first the most important thing is that your good or at least mediocre+ against the computer because most of your battles will be few vs many (you are the few...)
    i suggest you to use Aragorn he can do heavy damage with his arrows and he is very strong
    -to avoid getting into minus i wanted to live quietly and develop but they will attack you so this isn't an option
    -of course put your cities on the highest tax level you can without riots and people dying
    -generals that dont do nothing or agents are a waste of money but i remember that my only full army had 5 generals within him why is that? because our free people (lol) dont have good cavalry until becoming Arnor
    -dont worry about the elves taking settlements you need to become Arnor
    when you finish with the orcs and you can build your faction without enemies and if you know how you will gain 7k-10000 per turn (at least i did)
    so you can buy what you need from them and even give them a nice fat tip
    also you can always go to war take what you need and then say "no more war okay? pinkie promise" XD
    but you wont have to
    -trade agreements are important
    on the start take your diplomat all over the map and make trade agreements with everybody (good or bad) and alliances only with the good factions
    -also in cities have only units that are free upkeep + general and in cities only general + one soldier (unless they close to the enemy and then its your choice)

i cant remember anymore but i will so when i remember something major ill write
    good luck
    if you want more help write here

thanks for that isrgod2

Through a large amount of trial and error i have formed a stratagy for the campign. I have all terrotaries par one in the south, wich im poised to take as soon as i get home from work!! lol
    isengrd seem oblivious to me and the only foe ive had to deal with so far is OoG and ive got them on the run with some titanic battles under my belt dispite being outnumbered almost 2 to 1on the battlefield!!
    im hoping that once i have all the areas that i need i can sit back and develop my empire a little more before i decide to march east or south.
    Its been really enjoyable so far!!

^no problem
    does anybody knows in the submod "Sauron and the one ring" what will happen if i dont give Sauron his ring?

He will not be pleased with you.

Quote Originally Posted by isrgod2 View Post
    ^no problem
    does anybody knows in the submod "Sauron and the one ring" what will happen if i dont give Sauron his ring?
    He gets all the other evil factions to declare war on you. If you give it to him, he rewards you. Seems like an easy choice to me

i have written a comment filled with lols and xDs but it didnt show up so thx ^

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Yes, resist the Enemy 'til the last, but only if you're a good faction or you want to overthrow the Dark Lord and bring about the Age of Man.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

yes down with the dark lord hail The Good-Bad empire of Harad!
    (thunderous voices of men scream "yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!")
    down with elves down with dwarves down with orcs long live men!
    that my currently mission with Harad xD

Hi !!! Im download Divide and Conquer with patch 0.4 , and generaly on the picture and in the info , I should have option of Reunited Kingdom .
    But I dnt have anywhere , I checked everywhere and I can not find it. Please can any one help me and tell me how can I play as a Reunited Kingdom ???
    Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please
    P.S Sorry For my English..

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Jakko88 View Post
    Hi !!! Im download Divide and Conquer with patch 0.4 , and generaly on the picture and in the info , I should have option of Reunited Kingdom .
    But I dnt have anywhere , I checked everywhere and I can not find it. Please can any one help me and tell me how can I play as a Reunited Kingdom ???
    Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please
    P.S Sorry For my English..
    Welcome to TWC, Jakko88

Please ask questions concerning submods in the submod's own thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post14219383

That said, there's no Reunited Kingdom feature in the latest DaC either.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12