Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A secret meeting of the conspirators [CLOSED RP]

Default Re: A secret meeting of the conspirators [CLOSED RP]

Aye. He could be soon wed to any of our daughters. It would ensure a strong blood line on the throne.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Lady Redwyne shook her head.
    "No.
    Let them Return, As Lords. But we shant make one of them a King. You give too much trust in Ifs. Ifs he learns. If He marries someone that en't a sibling, which they hold strongly to. IF He is the same man he shows to you. The men with the armies. When he get on the throne. IT is not safe. We needs a safe choice. What do you think the people will think, THIS is madness. The people do not say oh right the Targaryens. Let us welcome them back and sow the streets with roses at their arrival. The people remember the Last Targaryen King. You will be inviting Chaos. The sane thing to do is to allow them to be lords. So that they can prove themselves to the people. Not just us. But ALSO to us."

Ifs? He has no siblings to speak of. The men with power would control him. Make sure he does not become an Aerys. And what would we make them lords of? The reach? And who would be this safe choice? The balance of power is delicate. It is difficult to choose a king.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Eddard joins in,

No offence to any of you, yet I wouldn't trust a single one in this room to become king, not even myself.

Content Staff Citizen

The Lady takes the glass and drinks out. very upset.
    "
    I'd trust anyone in this room even the barkeeper over a outsider with no understanding of the land, and a Targaryen on top of that. The people would make riots in the streets. This is not worth a war. Think. You are smart men. The power is delicate. So find a house of this land a worthy man. Make him King. a Man with honour and respect for our customs one the people would like, maybe even love. And you could in exchange give that land to the Damned Targaryens if you are so deadset to allow them to return. Even i must admit children should not be held accounted for their father crimes and they SHOULD be allowed to return. Just not as Kings."

Prince Oberyn shakes his head listening to the constant drivel and eventually decides to speak

Allow me to remind you woman, the Redwynes are Tyrell banners. Consider yourself lucky we even considered to bring you into this rebellion. To be quite honoest, the Arbor serves no major contribution to our war effort. There is absolutely nothing you can do that The Iron Fleet would not do better. Would you supply us with wine and cheese for our strenuous efforts during the rebellion? If I had my way, I would have denied you appearance at this meeting and knowledge of the entire subject. I would applaud the Iron Fleet for striking and destroying your entire merchantile "fleet" and leaving you absolutely useless. Of all the Lords in this room today, your family poses the least valuable contribution.

The Targaryen's conquered Westeros, and all of us. Though Aerys Targaryen was how he was, his son, Rhaegar, father of Aegon, was a true leader. I would gladly ascend his son to the throne, in an instant. Anything would be better than a flower usurper.

Prince Oberyn spits on the ground infront of the Lady of Redwyne

You disgust me, and I grow weary of your babbling. I did not come here to discuss a council of selection for Kingship.. The Targaryen's are our true Kings, whether you like it or not. They conquered Westeros with fire and steel, and they earned their right to that throne they built out of the swords of your masters, woman.

Prince Oberyn takes a large gulp of ale
    Last edited by Bonez; May 07, 2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Please don't try and go around the chat filter.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

"I think the Lady has a point though, Dornishman. The Targaryens conquered us, that much is true. But their armies are gone, the fire of the dragon has been doused. What we need is someone who actually lives in the Seven Kingdoms, instead of a youth who lets the men of all our Houses die for him, just to barge into lands where he was exiled and makes himself KING! We are the ones who fight and die, WE are the ones who should take the throne!"
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

What makes you think my brother would bend the knee to the likes of you, Lord Jon? I did not come here to discuss who would be king. Lord Sigmund assured Dorne that the Targaryens would return to the throne. I see no reason Dorne would bend the knee to any of you, without bloodshed. One thing we all hold in common is we all bent the knee to the Targaryen's. It's as simple as that.

We all owe them our allegiance, even if they are considered in your eyes to be a shadow of their former glory. They are our true kings. Lord Jon, if you were to have a son of 3, and you were to die on the morrow, your son knows nothing of the way of the Vale, or how to rule, or why he is even liegelord of the region, however, his bloodline is what makes him Lord of the Vale. There is no difference in the matter of Aegon Targaryen. If all Lord Sigmund says is true, the young Aegon has been bred for this occasion. He awaits the return of what is rightfully his. We all honor bloodlines in terms of ascension in our domains. We must, by those laws and morals, honor our true liegelords. He is not the king his grandfather was, but he is the king his father would have been. And this is where Dorne's allegiance lies.

"What proof is there? It does not seem right to me we must go to war for one man who gets corrupted by the power."

Henry shakes his head.
    Aegon will be king. Nobody will object. Jon if you want to be king so much, do something about it. Aegon is untainted by politics and kiss-ups. He is the perfect choice for kingship, and He has more of Rhaegar than Aerys. What's not to like?

You went to war for 1 man, Lord Jon. Remember? After you bent the knee to a flower sniffer? You lost men in the war against this same man you later bent the knee to, and came to Dorne where you lost more men.

As I've said before, I see no reason to bend the knee to you or anyone in this room. The Targaryen's bested Dorne 140 years ago. They've earned our respect. I tell you what, Lord Jon, march your pretty, shiny knights into Dorne, and I will watch them toil and burn and collapse in the open dunes, where they will have an eternal burial beneath the shifting sands.

Aegon Targaryen will rule the Seven Kingdoms. There is no alternative.

"The alternative is that we rule together. Make no mistake, Dornishman. 140 years is a long time."

Jon. You were so ardent to see a Targaryens on the throne, and now you have changed your loyalties so quickly? Why?

Better 1 kingdom than 20, and you'd be wise to remember how to address your peers, My Lord. Or does common curtously evade you outside the Vale?

Edit: OOC: this was directed at Jon Arryn
    Last edited by Dance2; May 07, 2012 at 03:05 AM.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Sigmund stepped forth and looked at Lord Arryn.

My eyes are the proof for now, Lord Arryn...I have met, spoken and seen Aegon VI Targaryen, son of the Crown Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and his wife, Elia Martell.

He begins to step forward among the other lords, looking upon each of their faces.

I know bringing a Targaryen to the throne is indeed a good and bad idea in some of your minds. But you must remember this. Aegon VI's father, Rhaegar, was not like his father, Aerys II the Mad King. Rhaegar was beloved by all in Westeros for his noble spirit and humane politics. Being the son of such a noble Targaryen, Aegon VI stands the best chance. He is still young...only fifteen years of age and thus has much to learn.

Sigmund steps and looks back at all the lords once more.

None of us have the legitimacy to claim the throne. None of us have the blood to make such a powerful claim. The Tyrells made Westeros weaker. The military is weary from the failed invasions upon the Dorne during the last war. Our people suffer because of the isolation of King Tyrion who uses his father's legacy to assume great power! He thinks he can make any man bend their knee to him...but think about the Targaryens, my friends.

He begins to walk by them once more.

The Targaryens had proven power. Despite having good and bad kings, they kept Westeros strong and safe. They could make anyone bend their knees to them because of their proven power! They knew how to run this country for three hundred years now. And look at who sits upon their throne...the throne created by Aegon I the Conqueror! A lame boy who is a parasite to his father's legacy sits upon that rightful Targaryen throne. On the matter of who he will marry will be up to Aegon VI, not us.

Sigmund halts and turns to look at his colleagues.

I know some of you may not agree with bringing Aegon VI back to become King...but at least he is of a bloodline that is more powerful than any of our houses. Even the surname makes our children tremble in fear! There is no alternative to this...Aegon VI Targaryen is to become King of Westeros, by his noble birth right.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; May 07, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Content Staff Citizen

Lady Redwyne smiled..
    "You are a stupid man, on the contrary to what I had heard. If you think the people will stand for this.. Then you have been living isolated in your lands far too long. Who are you to come here and speak of things you know nothing about. We have fought against you for supporting a mad idiot And I'm not surprised to see you want to place a potential second on the throne. We know not how they lead when in power. We know nothing.

None but a few in here have actually met the little man Targaryen. And The people only harbour hatred. It is a bad Idea, I say this now.

You are not just a ignorant for coming here to lands you don't understand outside Dorne. You are so as-well if you think that The Ironfleet can Defeat The Royal Fleet and The Arbor Fleet. Really Stupid. IF they could, Don't you think they would have already?

No Dorne have been isolated for hundreds of years. It is al-right you don't get these lands. But at-least listen to those who do. Do you think the House Arryn stupid? They live in the midst of these lands, and after being so wise as to actually listen to my words. He see that they make sense. He is smart enough to know that if I'm here, It is not because I have a big army or is some man with a sword at my side. He have realised that this country can't be held together by a foreigner. Nor a unproven boy with Targaryen after his birth-name.. Man.

If you have nothing of real substance to say then let those wiser do the speaking."

Lady Redwyne poured up some more wine and took a sip, her throat had become rather dry. She looked around at the men with a sharp yet friendly gaze.

I Agree with lord Sigmund
    Last edited by Gandalfus; May 07, 2012 at 03:09 AM.

Content Staff Citizen

Lady Redwyne shook her head
    "
    the Targaryen will be the exact same. Don't you see this. It is a unknown unproven boy from nowhere, who have no understanding of the land. What you speak of sounds more of a regime of fear rather than one of loyalty and love. Think. If you don't want a person to live of his ancestors legend like you say the Tyrell do. Then why are you using that as a argument to bring back the damned Targaryens. The people would make riots in the streets. Let them come back as Nobles. Let them prove themselves. But DO NOT. Set them as King. He is Young, TOO young. He is not a safe choice. If you think that, then you are wrong."

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    None but a few in here have actually met the little man Targaryen. And The people only harbour hatred. It is a bad Idea, I say this now.
    Lady Redwyne, I must correct you. Only I have actually seen Aegon VI with my own eyes...nobody else in this room has met him. It was believed that he was killed with his mother and sister at the sacking of King's Landing. And I must continue Lady Redwyne...I do not believe in a regime of fear. I am merely stating the proven facts of the Targaryens and their abilities.

Sigmund sits down now, keeping his gaze upon her.

King Jaehaerys II said that with the birth of a new Targaryen the gods tossed a coin to decide whether the child would be great or mad. We can never be too sure if Aegon VI will prove to be a great or mad king. His father proved himself to be a great and noble prince. Though he is young, we will be surrounded by us...the noble minds that shall influence his maturity and make him into a powerful, but humane king. We must at least let this go through! You must remember, Lady Redwyne, the reason why King Jaeharys II said those words was because of their incestuous marriages. Aegon VI was born out a true marriage between two different people. He is most likely not to be influenced by the madness that lurks within the incestuous practices of the Targaryens.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; May 07, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

One wants him as king, the other as a lord. It is a difficult choice. I say let him prove himself. Sigmund, continue to watch him. Maybe spur him on.
    OOC: RP concerning the free cities maybe?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast