Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A secret meeting of the conspirators [CLOSED RP]

Default Re: A secret meeting of the conspirators [CLOSED RP]

Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    Eddard rises from his seat faster than Jon and his hand goes to the scabbard over his back where the greatsword Ice is situated,

Oberyn, I would suggest you sit down or face me. We came here as equals with the same purpose, I wish to leave on the same note, so please put this aside and keep discussion going.
    Stay out of this, Lord Eddard, this does not concern you.

Quote Originally Posted by Legate Legolas View Post
    Jon does not stand up. "This proves your quick temper, and possible inability to resolve poroblems by talking. You would dishonor yourself as well, dueling with a 60 year old man."
    You dishonor yourself disrespecting royalty, Lord Jon. That will not go unanswered.

OOC: Stop disrespecting my character's royalty in this RP? I thought you guys had RP experience. Refer to always by title, including in an argument. But ALWAYS in front of other nobility and royalty.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Ooc: dude, exactly because my dude hates yours he doesn't call you prince or whatever you want to be called.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    Stay out of this, Lord Eddard, this does not concern you.
    I was a ward of this man for many years and will champion for him if it comes to blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    OOC: Stop disrespecting my character's royalty in this RP? I thought you guys had RP experience. Refer to always by title, including in an argument. But ALWAYS in front of other nobility and royalty.
    OOC: Dance, not disrespecting the title but we came to this meeting as equals with the same goal. As far as my RP I'm not being formal cause of that.

Jon looked at Henry. "Thank you for your support, although i hope it isn't needed."

Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    I was a ward of this man for many years and will champion for him if it comes to blows.
    You would do well to teach your master some respect, Lord Eddard. This kind of disrespect will not merit. No truce banner has been struck between Dorne and the Vale, or the Arbor. Therefore as anywhere, disrespect does not go unpunished. I will not sit idly by and be disrespected by the mountain lord, despite his age and senility.
    Last edited by Dance2; May 07, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

OOC: it was Eddard not me
    Henry shook his head
    I will not brook combat here. What good is a rebellion when the leaders fight each other? sit down. All of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Legate Legolas View Post
    Ooc: dude, exactly because my dude hates yours he doesn't call you prince or whatever you want to be called.
    OOC: Regardless of dislike, in person infront of other lords, titles still reign supreme. Regardless. It's not a fact of you liking it as a player, but in character if you disrespect somebody, you better be able to back it up. Simple matter.

Even with hostilities, nobility and royalty are to refer to eachother by respectful and earned titles. Hence me referring to you as Lords, you refer in turn as Princes.
    Last edited by Dance2; May 07, 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

Lady Redwyne stood up. Frowned Deeply. This proved all her worst presumptions about mainlanders.
    "
    Well en't you a bunch of fine gentlemen? Should I step outside till you are done flexing your muscles? This is clearly not a game I can play. I can participate in A verbal debate and discussion. But if it comes to a more physical form of Debate and Discussion, then I'd rather keep my distance. Or what would you like?"
    She looked around the table with her cold gaze.
    Last edited by Narf; May 07, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

I challenged you, Lord Jon. If you disrespect me, then you better be willing to back it up with your sword. As for the rest of you, stay out of a matter that does not concern you. Lord Jon chose his words, and must forego the consequences.

Now for this duel...

Praepositus
    Citizen

Asha once again stands, sighing.

"Can't you half witted green-landers stop fighting for one DAMNED minute? For god's sake, I thought I invited men to this meeting, not squabbling children. Prince Oberyn, if you cannot get over someone being informal at a meeting of allies, remove yourself. You will see that, despite our claim to the title King of Salt and Rock, King Theon accepts being called Lord. Stop being so damned petty."

OOC: I am serious, if you care so damned much about a stupid title IG, you can leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ulti View Post
    Asha once again stands, sighing.

"Can't you half witted green-landers stop fighting for one DAMNED minute? For god's sake, I thought I invited men to this meeting, not squabbling children. Prince Oberyn, if you cannot get over someone being informal at a meeting of allies, remove yourself. You will see that, despite our claim to the title King of Salt and Rock, King Theon accepts being called Lord. Stop being so damned petty."
    Mind your tongue, Lady Asha, we aren't at sea. Nor does this concern you.

I challenged the old lord to a duel, and that's where we're at.

Prince Cyprien clears his throat before speaking

I think what my uncle is flustered over, is the fact we were led under false pretences to this meeting, without all of the information provided to us clearly.
    Last edited by Dance2; May 07, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Henry nodded in agreement
    I was also informed that we were only restoring the Targaryens.

"We are here to discuss, are we not? I have said what's on my mind with tge Targaryens, and wished to discuss it in a civil way. Yet it seems that some people" Jon nods to the dornish man. "Cannot keep their peace."

Content Staff Magistrate

Lady Redwyne sat down again sipping to her third glass of wine.
    "
    You have never been in anything like this before, Prince Oberyn, Lord Henry Lannister, you are Honourable men. So I will explain it to you. When so many lives are depending on secrecy, setting up a meeting like this comes with a risk of loosing ones head but it is paramount to do so because it is much less dangerous than the alternative. There is a risk each time one choose to meet up in person, including now. So as to limit the times we risk destroying everything. We have to limit the amount of ravens and personal meetings. Thus we have the meeting to cancel out the risk of communicating through Ravens and frequent personal meetings which somebody would notice if it happens too often. So that is why ALL of us don't know everything. Because Secrecy is of utmost impotence. This is where we disagree until we agree. And it is paramount for the success of all our ambitions. So, would you please, shut up, Princes of Dorne, Some of us here want to get on with what we are meant to accomplish at this meeting. Life's at stake. And you would only draw unwanted attention by going out there to duel. So, SIT DOWN, and let us be constructive with this meeting. We don't know when or if we are able to hold another.."
    Last edited by Narf; May 08, 2012 at 01:27 AM.

Henry gave lady Redwyne a cold stare
    When I was contacted by Sigmund I assumed he had told me everything? But of course I hold no grudge if some plans weren't discussed with him... I assumed I had been told everything. And have you ever fought in a war before? Smelt what it's like on the battlefield, blood covering your blade and face. Smelling the enemies fear? I doubt it Redwyne. You and your other womenfolk would have just been sat drinking wine in the shade while people bled for you.
    You wish for war yet you have never witnessed it.

Content Staff Magistrate

Lady Redwynes gaze grew cold, she looked at the man.
    "Your not much of a Lord who tries to discredit a women's worth with words that sounds more fitting coming from a drunken soldier. Yes you are completely right, My Lord. We have a really great time when you people kill of each-other. We just sit and.. Drink Wine. I thought you a Smart man. Obviously I was wrong."
    Willettes cheeks was red now, she was rather upset by these mainlander who seemed to eager to jeopardize this meeting. She closed her eyes... And sipped to the wine.. Relax.. She opened her eyes again. Ready to defend herself in this 'mans' world once more.
    Last edited by Narf; May 08, 2012 at 01:37 AM.

Henry's gaze remained an icy glare as he looked around the room, first at lady Redwyne
    I will not be slandered and insulted... Now please can we talk about something productive instead of arguing? We are so loud I'm surprised the king can't hear us from his sickbed.

Content Staff Magistrate

Lady Redwyne smiled widely when she heard him talk the first pair of words..
    " Oh but , Lord Lanister, There is no need to insult you, you are making yourself look like a fool, I hope you remember your words the day when a girl no older than your youngest squire is sewing you belly together. Or when you eat supplied with food and goods given to the supply caravans by the wife's of all the soldiers. Given to you by families who will starve to death or force them into bad business, if their husband die in your wars. And when you fail to defend, Well, then you are not the only who bleed. The difference is that you have a chance to defend yourself. Your Ignorance is blatantly obvious. No need to insult you, Lord Lannister. You are doing fine yourself. Not that I gain anything from it. But it is nice to see you are agreeing with me on the point that we should start getting productive. Even though the majority of the words spilled from your mouth have been rather.. Counter-Productive."
    She sipped to her wine once more to wet her throat.

Woman, I grow tired of your ignorance. If you were a man right now, I'd have impaled you with my spear, even that could silence a wine wench. Your a turncloak, a traitor, thinking your protected on your island full of vineyards. I came here to discuss war. Of which, I'm more adept at than any man or woman in this room. 35 years of battlefield experience has... Heightened my senses, and well, could explain my open brutishness, that's how you survive on a battlefield your whole life. Ask any Khal, or Mercenary Captain, or better yet, ask an ordinary Ironborn. You may be surprised at some of your answers. If you've seen the things I've seen, you'd more than likely understand my perspective. In Essos, if you mouth off to anyone, your as good as gutted. The only form of defence the Redwynes possess is the fact they're on an island. I can promise you this, put your husband on that battlefield with me, and I'll drive a dirk into his throat. You think these men here your protection, so you have the arrogance to incite half the room. Out of respect for our fellow conspirators, I won't cut that tongue out. But I certainly have limits, woman. Tread lightly and keep silent as for others to have a chance at speaking. If you would be so kind.

Lord Henry is a good man, from a noble family, I do not know him as well as I know his father. His father is a very honourable man, which I've had the pleasure of company on several occasions. There is no alternative to a Targaryen King. It's as simple as that. Though I see yours and Jon's obvious issues with it, it's their right by conquest. I would not call stabbing a King in the back, as your liege lord has done, honourable. I will not stand for another king, than the rightful king. Tyrion Tyrell will find that out full well if he faces me on the battlefield, I assure you.

Prince Oberyn finishes his mug of ale, and sits back down
    Last edited by Dance2; May 08, 2012 at 02:36 AM.

Praepositus
    Citizen

Asha sighs, standing once more.

"Prince Oberyn, I have had enough of your foolish slander upon my houses ally, and upon my person. Every action in this room concerns myself, Dornishman. How dare you tell me to hold my tongue. You are here at the behest of Lord Swann, not myself nor my family. Either you will set aside your petty squabble with the Redwyne's, or you leave."

Then, signalling, her brothers rise. She looks to Lords Swann and Stark.

"Lord Stark, Lord Swann, would you join me in the anteroom?"

Without waiting, she strides into an adjoining room, the door thick so as to stop any sound escaping to the larger room. Victarian and Theon sit. Theon addresses the men.

"I, and I suspect my brother, grow tired of your petty arguments over who should be King after. I do not care - Targaryen, Stark, Lannister, Martell, I care not. My independence is the reason we instigated this, and others joined for their reasons. If it is so concerning, take your debate elsewhere, after we have won the war. This meeting is about removing the current, not debating the future. If you cannot accept that, leave, and forever hold your tongue under the oath you have sworn."

He turns to the Dornishmen.

"There will be no bloodshed in this room, Prince Oberyn. You do nothing but drive us apart, precisely what the Tyrell King would want."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast