Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod - The Young Bloods Hotseat IV

Default Re: Retrofit Mod - The Young Bloods Hotseat IV - 0 spots left -

Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    You can download a free to use software capturing here >> www.fraps.com
    It makes hotseats more enjoyable if we get to screenshots of other battles so people know what is going on in the campaign.
    Screenshots would be anyway needed for checking many things,and not just if battles are played or not
    Moreover see what others do is instructive and increase trust among players (sometimes we might be surprised to get defeated, and see how that happened would avoid unnecessary suspicions)
    Last edited by invicta; May 07, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some general instructions for hotseat games?
    I am thinking about how to save and post my screenshots and savegames etc
    Remember I am HS NOOB before you flame I just want to make sure I am not going to hold anything up

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It might be we are starting this to fast.

Posting a save is np... I'll write it down just a sec.
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

I'll try to short it up, if anyone don't understand it send me a PM and I'll explain it more detailed.

Player that is on turn before you will post his turn attached to his post, it will always be on the bottom of the post, in .rar fiel.
    Something like this: (click on show to see the pic )
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then you press that little thingy and a download will start, I hope, the save will be rared, you unpacke it to your desktop (for example) then copy, or cut, it to the save folder: something like this \Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\retrofit\saves---> if you don't have save folder just make one, or play a few turns in the SP campaing.
    After you copied the turn and played (make a password for your save) it like a boss, press end turn and other nations turn will come up. You save on the opening screen (you will see that) and get out of the game.
    Then you get to the save folder and rename the save with the name of the faction that is next on turn.
    Rar or zip it. Go to the thread of the game (this thread) and post the save in a totaly new post.
    How to upload save.
    Use this :

After you click it it should look something like this:

Don't mind my beautifal language . You press search and find your charming save, upload it and at the end it should look like on the first pic I posted.

I think I didn't miss anything important.
    PS
    Sorry for the bad english
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

I will start this hotseat in 2 hours, otherwise it will be tomorrow, I am trying to find out how to change the faction turn order.
    Will and act until victory

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

Does this Retrofit Mod work with the latest version of kingdoms?
    "Huh?"

You mean 1.5? yes it is required.

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

Thank you. That's all I needed to know. Thanks for setting this up btw.
    "Huh?"

I was messeging a explanation of some rules to one of the players, and thought maybe I should post it in the thread for everyone, just in case.
    So take your time and read it, slowly, so you can understand my crapy words. And be prepared for this kind of long posts, cuz when someone makes a mistake, usualy ppl start spaming the thread.

3. Is missing one more part, but more and more HSs play with that kind of rule.
    Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.

---->Well this one is easy to understand just try to read it a few times and you'll see what the point is.
    So lets say that France is behind England in turn order.
    So the English is like "lets kill this mf France". And France is like "no no no", but they still have to defend, right. English sends an army in France . (If some Frech units get defeated by English one, on English turn, that French army will not be able to move when France turn comes up---> duo to game mechanics) So to make it fair for every one: If France (they are behind the English on turn) defeats a English army that army is not allowed to move next turn from the spot they retreated to, althought they will be able to, cuz when turn ends and new one starts, all armys, agents and sutff gets their movement back--->duo to game mechanics.

No attacking ships inside a port. Similarly, you cannot leave a blocked port without fighting the enemy ships first. Because of this rule, armies cannot be on a fleet that is in port.

There is a bug in the game, usualy you can't attack ships in a port, but there is a way to do so. So to prevent that exploit, you are not allowed to attack ships in a port-simple. As your port is blocked, you are not allowed to leave that port until you fight enemy ships thaz are blocking the port, althought you can-> probably bug as well.
    The last part with units in ship that is in port is a long story with tone of
    discussion behind it. Short version is, players are greedy and they will do anything for a win. So as your ships are protected in a port cuz of the rule, some players where exploiting that and puting units in ships that are in port, what is Godlike protection= you can't attack it from the land cuz of the game mech, and you can't attack it from the sea cuz of the rule.
    It's exploit of the game mech and so it's baned. I hope I am clear.

Only ONE merchant per resource, if you place more merchants on a single resource you will get a heavy fine.

---> there is one more explot ( oh realy ), well I never tryed this one so I don't know if it realy works. Story goes like this: you can build a fort next to a resource (for example gold one ) we all know that fort can have agents in him and 12 of them. So you put 12 good merchants on a gold resource. Think about the cash you would get----> EXPLOIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you are allowed to put only one merchant over a resource. End of story. I hope you liked it.

PS
    If I posted something wrond, older and better players pleas speak up so we can edit the wrong parts.

EDIT
    Ah, post is not that long.
    Last edited by Tonno; May 07, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

guess it starts tomorrow?

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by tyboman View Post
    guess it starts tomorrow?

When I get home, I will start it.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Next, I want to play too! I never played in this way, I'm curious!

Lord Valerius's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey Julio, you could also join other Hotseats, for this one will go for a while I believe. But some players tend to become inactive during a game so spots might become available here as well, so stay tuned. You can also play at more than one HS at a time, it is not very time consuming after all.

Regards

Should we implement a little bit of RP in our negotiations/writing messagess in the topic?

Lord Valerius's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd like that, but I wouldn't make it mandatory for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniusz View Post
    Should we implement a little bit of RP in our negotiations/writing messagess in the topic?
    Of course...

Rero's Avatar Senator

Well i hope atleast that there won't be a really angry huge unified blob of catholics knocking on Jerusalems gate...

Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig

Quote Originally Posted by Rero View Post
    Well i hope atleast that there won't be a really angry huge unified blob of catholics knocking on Jerusalems gate...

It's retrofit, Egypt and Turky always die pretty fast .
    So make good/great diplomacy, and great tactical plans. You'll need both to stay long in the game. Maybe with all human players that will be a bit easier as there won't be a lot of room for fast expanding of Europian countrys= a lot of pvp. But remember diplomacy works wonders.

The first save will be up in 1hour.