Thread: Foreign Trade.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Default Foreign Trade.

I think they kinda need to fix the foreign trade system.
    I dont know if this is a bug or not but this is the story.
    I started my campaign as chosu and i wanted to have trade with the french and get there units/ships.
    in my first 20 or so turns i got 2 trade requests from britain and 2 or 3 from america i declined them all as i wanted to trade with france.
    I am now on turn 150 and have not had a request since so now im stuck with no foerign trade at all so i cant get those big ironclads or elite marine units.
    I have done 4 campaigns with similar result u get 4-5 trade requests the first 20 or so turns then nothing.
    Any1 else had this or just me?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: Foreign Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    I think they kinda need to fix the foreign trade system.
    I dont know if this is a bug or not but this is the story.
    I started my campaign as chosu and i wanted to have trade with the french and get there units/ships.
    in my first 20 or so turns i got 2 trade requests from britain and 2 or 3 from america i declined them all as i wanted to trade with france.
    I am now on turn 150 and have not had a request since so now im stuck with no foerign trade at all so i cant get those big ironclads or elite marine units.
    I have done 4 campaigns with similar result u get 4-5 trade requests the first 20 or so turns then nothing.
    Any1 else had this or just me?

The Imperial clans cannot get France as foreign support, and the Shogunate cannot get Britian. America can work for both.

There are, like, 90 threads about this already.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post

The Imperial clans cannot get France as foreign support, and the Shogunate cannot get Britian. America can work for both.

I thought this was an old thread being resurrected, they're all so similar! D:
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post

oh didnt know that thanks =>
    but still its not about that.
    Its the 4-5 Requests and then nothing.
    So if u Chancle on those for what ever reason u can never get it.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Oh, ok, Im sorry. I misunderstood.

About that, I do not know. I assumed it was a feature.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

If you kept getting denied your trade request wouldn't you get the feeling that the clan you are asking doesn't want your trade? I'd stop.

I don't know, maybe the trade option events might have been scripted just for those few turns. But one thing is certain, imperial clans can never get France and shogunate ones can never get Britain. If you turned down your "default" foreign trading partners too many times, the offer might have lapsed or the randomness of the event would make it highly unlikely to encounter it again.
    "Say not always what you know, but always know what you say." - Claudius

Quote Originally Posted by SamWarrior View Post
    If you kept getting denied your trade request wouldn't you get the feeling that the clan you are asking doesn't want your trade? I'd stop.
    u must have missunderstood.
    im not talking about normal trade request im talking about the foreign trade support event thing.
    With France britain or America.

i know that now but i still have to restart my entire campaign to be able to get a trading partner now wich kinda sucks =( since i dont wanna start over.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

i know that now but i still have to restart my entire campaign to be able to get a trading partner now wich kinda sucks =( since i dont wanna start over.
    Be very careful then when the Realm Divide occurs because you have only one chance to make a decision. If you go Independent, you won`t be able to change your mind when everyone attacks you.

u must have missunderstood.
    im not talking about normal trade request im talking about the foreign trade support event thing.
    With France britain or America.
    I understood the question but if the foriegn powers keep offering their help and you keep denieing it they won't keep asking. It's probely just scripted but my point of view makes it more realistic.

They should however give you the option of asking the foriegn powers for help rather then let them ask you however.

Do britain, france and usa have any individual strengths or are thye all the same?

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    Do britain, france and usa have any individual strengths or are thye all the same?
    Different ships/units.
    the ships are the big difference.
    The naval side is a BIT unbalanced but there are several thread on that subject.
    Long story short 1 of the british ships can take out fleets alone.
    Its alot more expensive then the others and u cant have as many as the other foreign ships.

Different ships/units.
    the ships are the big difference.
    The naval side is a BIT unbalanced but there are several thread on that subject.
    Long story short 1 of the british ships can take out fleets alone.
    Its alot more expensive then the others and u cant have as many as the other foreign ships.
    The Warrior. It can take on whole fleets alone. You only get one. But don`t get cocky as it can be overwhelmed if you don`t get it back to Port and keep fixing it up. Also leaving around enemy Ports with coastal defences for a couple of turns will quickly have it swimming with the fishes too.

Noo. Double post.

There's some difference in the land units too..
    French being best in ranged, worst in melee. (Also being the most expensive, though the difference is +50 to marines, +100 to US marines and i think +10 / +20 upkeep compared to RM / USM)
    Royal marines are in between on both.
    US Marines have better melee, slightly worse accuracy / reload rate.

I think the global differences are this:

Britain: Gives you improved ship accuracy.
    USA: Improved Artillery accuracy.
    France: ???

Quote Originally Posted by Niftyeye View Post
    I think the global differences are this:

Britain: Gives you improved ship accuracy.
    USA: Improved Artillery accuracy.
    France: ???
    Logical upgrade from France would most likely be infantry unit accuracy. Probably +5, since ship / artillery accuracy seems to be that.
    But I can't recall right now, even though I took french military mission in my Jozai Campaign few weeks ago..