Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANY WAY OF UNISTALLING/DESACTIVATING DLCs?

Icon4 ANY WAY OF UNISTALLING/DESACTIVATING DLCs?

THE SENGOKU JIDAY UNIT DLC? AND THE RISE OF THE SAMURAI DLC CAMPAIN(WITH AL ITS UNITS)

any way of like remove them from the game files/ uninstall them/ desactivate them? not allowing me to acces or see any of those unless i reinstall them?

am considering on playing the game again, but those 2 dlcs are a major letdown in terms ot multiplayer for me, i should have never got them in the first place.... sengoku jiday cos the units are either OP or uselles, giving its owner unfair advantages.... and rise of the samurai units should never been included on the multiplayer, they are from 4 centuries before the sengoku jiday era....
    Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; May 04, 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Default Re: ANY WAY OF UNISTALLING/DESACTIVATING DLCs?

Just don't field them. The only thing the purchase of DLC does is give you the option of fielding them, everyone else has the same files whether they are activated or not.

i want to desactivate it somehow, remove any sings of them.... not just "not field them"

You cannot, once activated it's permanently part of the game. I don't see why you can't just choose to not field them.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowing Crow View Post
    You cannot, once activated it's permanently part of the game. I don't see why you can't just choose to not field them.
    it's something psychological, seen them there makes me sick.... all games should do like The Witcher 2 and include an option to simply desactivate DLCs....

Quote Originally Posted by dako93 View Post
    it's something psychological, seen then there makes me sick.... all games should do like The Witcher 2 and include an option to simply desactivate DLCs....
    Understandable, but the only other alternative is making a new Steam account and purchasing the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowing Crow View Post
    Understandable, but the only other alternative is making a new Steam account and purchasing the game again.
    lol

am considering on playing the game again, but those 2 dlcs are a major letdown in terms ot multiplayer for me, i should have never got them in the first place.... sengoku jiday cos the units are either OP or uselles, giving its owner unfair advantages....
    Hm, the infamous attendant spam, well, most if not all people deploy attendants. Especially high ranked /competent players. Having 5 units for the price of one can be tremendous advantage, if you know how to use it. With retainers like +3 on defence and +1 on morale + leadership general, 150 koku unit can pinch down cav that costs 1500 quite easily. I would advise you to wait and see for yourself before making rash decisions. Nobody forces you to include them. And playing without them will give you tremendous disadvantage, but hey, if you like challenge....

Besides, there are few units that are quite unique, useful or practical ... from veterans. I'll say it's an interesting addon to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien Kell View Post
    Hm, the infamous attendant spam, well, most if not all people deploy attendants. Especially high ranked /competent players. Having 5 units for the price of one can be tremendous advantage, if you know how to use it. With retainers like +3 on defence and +1 on morale + leadership general, 150 koku unit can pinch down cav that costs 1500 quite easily. I would advise you to wait and see for yourself before making rash decisions. Nobody forces you to include them. And playing without them will give you tremendous disadvantage, but hey, if you like challenge....

Besides, there are few units that are quite unique, useful or practical ... from veterans. I'll say it's an interesting addon to a game.
    man i have played shogun since it came out... i have those 2 dlcs sicne they came out aswell, i have used all those units including attendats thousands of times i have also played hundreds of battles withown them, i just wonder if there is any offcial way of desactivating them, so dont give me advises like if i was random.... and i dotn wana sound rude or cocky, i just find it a bitt offensive u giving me advises about gameplay and units like if i was some newcomer...
    Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; May 04, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Yeah man he's been banned more times than you have posts
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

and i dotn wana sound rude or cocky, i just find it a bitt offensive u giving me advises about gameplay and units like if i was some newcomer...
    Well, as you said that you have stop playing S2 for some time I presumed that it was pre DLCs, and that you resent "unfair" DLCs as have many of more experienced guys - nagging about thing they brought, having a point in some issues for certain.

Anyway, it was just a chatting, you can relax now, nobody is disputing your status.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Yeah man he's been banned more times than you have posts
    hahaha ... but kinda true

and that you resent "unfair" DLCs as have many of more experienced guys - nagging about thing they brought, having a point in some issues for certain.

Anyway, it was just a chatting, you can relax now, nobody is disputing your status.
    i know ur intention were good, i just found it a bitt ofencive, but no worry no hard feelings

Well, as you said that you have stop playing S2 for some time I presumed that it was pre DLCs,.
    i stoped playing shogun a couple of times, but usually just for short periods of time, allways coming back at the end. it was after FoTs came out that i decided to take a permanet breake from Total war...
    Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; May 04, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

As Knowing Crow said, there is no way to deactivate the DLC.

I'm sorry that you don't like the sight of them, but like Knowing Crow said, you could just ignore the units. Players that have the DLC will use them whether you like to see them or not, and trying to find a way to deactivate them (which there isn't) would just be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    As Knowing Crow said, there is no way to deactivate the DLC.

I'm sorry that you don't like the sight of them, but like Knowing Crow said, you could just ignore the units. Players that have the DLC will use them whether you like to see them or not, and trying to find a way to deactivate them (which there isn't) would just be a waste of time.
    The WItcher 2 has the option to simple desactivate DLCs, was wodnering if there was a way of doign the same on Shogun 2... its not a matter of not using the units or not is a matter of they not apearing on my usit selection screen... if it was a matter of ignoring them i would not have opened a new threat on the forum dont u think?

Citizen

The WItcher 2 has the option to simple desactivate DLCs, was wodnering if there was a way of doign the same on Shogun 2... its not a matter of not using the units or not is a matter of they not apearing on my usit selection screen... if it was a matter of ignoring them i would not have opened a new threat on the forum dont u think?
    As it has been said repeatedly, there is no way to deactivate them.

You're just going to have to tolerate the look of them or just never play the game again.

I'm sorry, but that's the truth.

As it has been said repeatedly, there is no way to deactivate them.

You're just going to have to tolerate the look of them or just never play the game again.

I'm sorry, but that's the truth.

i understood that already, just telling u that it was not a matter of just ignoring them what i was askign for.... really see no point in people repeating "just ignore the units" "just dotn select them" i can deduce that part on my own.... with saying "there is no way of desactivating them" is more than enought, adn taht has been said already so that part is quite clear...

Citizen

i understood that already, just telling u that it was not a matter of just ignoring them what i was askign for.... really see no point in people repeating "just ignore the units" "just dotn select them" i can deduce that part on my own.... with saying "there is no way of desactivating them" is more than enought, adn taht has been said already so that part is quite clear...
    Well, that is the only option to get anywhere near the result you asked for. Other than that, you're out of luck.

Well, that is the only option to get anywhere near the result you asked for. Other than that, you're out of luck.
    yea i noticed.. my pause from total war will continue....
    Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; May 04, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

yea i noticed.. my pause from total war will continue....
    You have stopped playing s2 a game you paid for because you dont like the units which you dont have to use from a dlc which you also paid for? Isnt that a waste of money just for a small thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    You have stopped playing s2 a game you paid for because you dont like the units which you dont have to use from a dlc which you also paid for? Isnt that a waste of money just for a small thing?
    is it ur money or mine? never the less taht was not the sole reason why i stoped playign total war...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast