Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions

Quote Originally Posted by Jean de la Valette View Post
    Man cannot justify himself without faith.
    Eh, ok.
    Even if true: that doesn't stop faith from being guessing and wishfull thinking.
    Like any indulgence it's all too easy to overindluge.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Jean de la Valette View Post
    Man cannot justify himself without faith.
    According to faith...
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Plant was a deist, in his day they were considered no better than atheists.
    Might be true, but nowadays for example there are some religious trends amongst quantic scientists.

(some even on the hinduism religion, the premise of universal conscience is necessary for the quantum theories to hit right)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011