I have some ideas regarding a new sub-mod for TATW, but for me to get started I must know if my ideas are possible first, in other words if they are hard-coded or moddable.
Reason: I think the biggest problem with any TW games is that it is as most difficult in the beginning. Once you get the upper hand it becomes too easy and that's why I've never completed a campaign. I want to change this. Also if an AI faction like Mordor gets the upper hand it becomes less enjoyable, since there will only be stack-spam where you play the same battles over and over again. A game should be hard and increasingly harder until the very end, filled with decisive, nerve-breaking battles and decisions.
1a. Recruitment slots. Can you change the number of recruitment slots in a city/castle? In vanilla there is 1-4 slots. Is it possible to go even higher, ex. 6 slots?
1b. Building slots. Never seen more than one. Is it possible to go higher and thus build buildings simultaneously, like with units?
1c. Free upkeep slots. I guess they have something to do with recruitment slots? Can they be altered? Is there a limit?
2. Recruitment. Is it possible to only be able to recruit a specific unit using two different buildings? I want the barracks only to train units and blacksmiths/sword-smiths to enable the armor. Ex. I want heavy armored knights to require both advanced barracks and a smith together, not just only one. Same would go for horses and archers. Possible?
3. Is it possible to only have one specific city which can create unique units, but that all other settlements will be able to retrain them, but not to create them?
4. Is it possible to retrain units in the field? (I think not, but asking all the same)
5. Is it possible to make forts have recruitment/retraining/buildings possibilities.
6. When a settlement is far from the capital. Could it be done so that it has penalties other than unrest such as recruitment/building capabilities. I know there are ways around this, such as using different types of terrain which gives penalties to different cultures/religions
7. The Ai, strategic map. Possible that a specific character of the AI, like faction leader, only travels with a big army?
8. Possible for the AI to use bigger armies and multi-armies (two or more stacks) when besieging an enemy settlement? Now it seems confident using only a few more units than the opponent.
9. In rome TW the enemy general rarely attacked in a siege. It waited until the last moment and rallied lots of units. In medieval it charges the gates along with the other units and rarely survives. Is it possible to do the same in Medieval? Also, if the siege fails could it be done that the general flees instead of attacks, thus getting himself killed?
10. Possible to make a faction only defensive? I mean not wanting to expand, just sitting there, but still building, retraining and fighting on their lands. Like the rebel faction.
11. Stamina. Could exhausted units be given more penalties, or is it hardcoded?
12. Corruption/inflation. The bigger your empire gets the more corruption/inflation. Possible?
13. Upkeep. The farther your armies are from the capital, the more upkeep. Possible?
14. Loyalty. Instead of your army turning rebel, is it possible it turns to another faction instead?
15. Unrest. Possible when things like loosing a faction leader, loosing a battle, making diplomatic choices can boost unrest temporarily?
More is likely to come.