Thread: recruitment in stainless steal 6.4

Default recruitment in stainless steal 6.4

mode is awesome but i have problem with recruitment.I have enough population in castle and enough gold,units researched but i cannot recruit it?what might be the problem????

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: recruitment in stainless steal 6.4

It would seem that you have Real Recruitment enabled, this limits the number of units and allows them to be created at the correct point in history. Certain Units only become available at a historical point

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

i play with Teutonic order and... ritter's are available now but cannot recruit them..should i check or uncheck Real Recruitment? Thanks for keeping this alive

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Maybe you have to wait some turns for their recruitment to be enabled.
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Sounds like you're playing with Byg's Grim Reality - a submod which drastically changes much gameplay, especially finances and recruitment.
    For instance, to recruit the more advanced units you will require a General that's a member of the War Counsil (generally, King and Heir), or have a Professional Training Staff.
    It changes many things, and one really should read that thread before venturing far into a game with BGR enabled.

in BGR you need to have certain religious population to recruit units as well

i am not using BGR modes,maybe its all about turns but that's stupid lol .I mean,if u have money,population and unit available why it cannot be recruited ?

because longbowmen werent actually available till whenever, gothic knigths werent a reality till that period of time. its called REAL RECRUITMENT for a reason

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

There is a manpower limit. If you have too many men, you may have to disband some militia or weak troops and then recruit Ritterbruders or whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor82 View Post
    mode is awesome but i have problem with recruitment.I have enough population in castle and enough gold,units researched but i cannot recruit it?what might be the problem????
    Can you see the "faded" unit on the recruitment screen? If so, hover the cursor over it and a little window with additional information will appear. What does it say there? Best would be to post a screenshot.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

me again,can i recruit feudal knights and light men at arms with sicily? looks like i can only recruit sicilo-norman knights/foot knights as my best elite units.do i need some buildings or guilds for them to unlock? oh and how can i recruit gunpowder units in ss6.4?the year is 1249.did not found any info
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

this site will answer most of your questions http://stainless-steel-mod.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

thanks man now i understand a bit more of it,so basicly the french feudal knights are the same as my sicilio-norman knights
    oh man i was a bit worried that i did something wrong
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius