Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How often do you guys do the "one ring"?

Default Re: How often do you guys do the "one ring"?

Thanks a lot. That cleared up a lot.

Though this remark made me wonder:
    Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    but there is another part of the script that determines the ring can only appear in these settlements if they are owned by their original owners
    Does this only apply when playing a "good" faction or is it universal? And is there a risk, that the ring won't show up at all if too many settlements change hands over the cause of the campaign?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Finkeren View Post
    Does this only apply when playing a "good" faction or is it universal? And is there a risk, that the ring won't show up at all if too many settlements change hands over the cause of the campaign?
    it's universal

there is a chance but it's very small , consider this the good or bad guys would have to do exceedingly well as a whole for the ring not to show up at all also i can't remember one campaign were all those settlements changed hands without my direct involvement

I think the ring shows up at different places depending on the faction you play. If you are an evil faction, it has a range of 'good' settlements in which it can turn up but those settlements have to owned by their starting owners (Imladris - High Elves).

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

I personally try for the One every game. I don't always get it due to the insane distance and that stupid "Come to the White Council" mission, but I try. My most recent campaign as Silvan Elves was lucky in that it showed up in Isengard and the fools didn't show up in time to stop me from sieging their capital a single turn later where I killed faction leader/heir and the entire faction was destroyed. Epic double whammy since I got the One and saved Rohan. But I've spent already over 10 turns (after running off to Imladris for the council) just camping Mt. Doom. I was already half-way to destroying Mordor but figured I'd make it easy on myself. 2 full stacks guarding the Ring Bearer and 10+ turns of...nothing. I'm getting impatient, lol.
    "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution; the only wrong what is against it....."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The only time I've ever played the One Ring scenario was in my last Gundabad campaign, where I took the settlement the ring was in without realizing it. I sent my general to Mordor when the message poped up but forgot about him and he got stuck outside of Hornburg or something and so 20 turns later all evil factions declares war on me -_-
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I am having a huge problem, iv'e brought the one ring too mount doom, and it crashes right after it plays the video of the ring being destroyed. Playing as Lorien. MOS

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by T20 View Post
    I am having a huge problem, iv'e brought the one ring too mount doom, and it crashes right after it plays the video of the ring being destroyed. Playing as Lorien. MOS
    Suggest you ask in MOS own thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eased-25th-Dec

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hello. I am around turn 58, and the One Ring still doesn't appear. Or maybe I corrupted some file of the game? Because there is a general of mordor who has this:

;ancillaries one_ring

I don't remember when I deleted that, because I thought that would give that Mordor general the One Ring. But now, I think that triggers the One Ring event. Anyway, how I increase the chance of making it appear? Thank you!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

; means that this line ;ancillaries one_ring has no effect. You didn't need to delete it because it didn't have effect in the first place. Maybe just play the game further?

That campaign had around 80 turns and no events happened. Neither Aragorn, neither One Ring, neither invasions. That's why I deleted it.

Edit: I found the solution. That campaign is a mess. I started a new one without modded files, and it works fine. Also, now I know how to edit events. For example, I reduced the time when the One Ring appears.
    Last edited by THIRDAGESUPER; November 29, 2021 at 06:50 AM. Reason: giving an example

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123