Thread: French and German Speaking Advisor Mod

Default French and German Speaking Advisor Mod

Hello gentlemen and madams of TWC. A significant number of people, myself included, are not terribly fond of the new advisor. There are a couple of ways this could be remedied, the first and most obvious one would be to use the audio files of the old vanilla shogun 2 advisor. But as the title of the thread suggests, I am proposing something different. There is a French and a German dub of FOTS (along with a handful of other languages), would it not be possible to use the audio files of the French and German speaking advisers?

I am proposing French and German specifically, because the Second French Empire, and later the German Empire, both sent advisers to assist the Imperial Army (the French had also assisted in modernising the shoguns army). As far as I know there never were advisers from the united states.

I am no proper modder, and I am not familiar with TW modding, so all I can do is to propose/request this. I believe it would be an interesting experience, having the advisor scream at you in French or German, in stead of a cheesy american accent.

Here is a Wiki page about the French involvement.

Here is a Wiki page about the German involvement.

A video containing some examples of the French advisor dub.

A video containing some examples of the German advisor dub.

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: French and German Speaking Advisor Mod

this sounds like an interesting idea. is this even possible tho? (i think it should be...but i have essentially nil modding knowledge)