Thread: Someone should make...

Default Someone should make...

..a Game of Thrones/ASoIaF mod for MTW. I know these threads don't usually end well, but this forum doesn't get much activity so what the heck. Now before you point the finger at me...I am useless at modding and especially this game. But I see some potential... the sprites wouldn't have to be altered much, a bit of renaming, and other minor changes.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Someone should make...

actualy....... that would work well on this engine

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

There's already a mod for GoT but for M2TW

Yup, but this one would be for those who:
    1. Prefer MTW AI and gameplay (this is an entirely different experience, and very fun might I add)
    2. Want to experience the world on a paper map.
    3. Can't run M2TW, for whatever reason.

Who knows, maybe I might get around to doing this sometime in the near future. But I would be learning everything from scratch. There's a bunch of nice portraits on the internet.. most units would only have to be renamed rather than re-sprited. New faction flags, names of generals, etc changed, and of course a new map.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Nice idea, athenian. As you said, all the units are already there. Imagine the Dothraki spawning instead of the Golden Horde! (Though it could be fun to play as them, too. ) I'll look forward to tossing some ideas back and forth and... who knows... You might find some recruits.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hi guys,

This idea is as good as any other. However, have no illusions, you will have to do all these things yourself as I doubt anybody will step forward and help you out in this - that's my experience after having seen numerous threads like this. It's you, and you alone (unless a miracle show up). Gamers usually will do diddly, while they certainly want you to do all their brilliant ideas for them...

Obviously I'm busy as well. The biggest problem is likely to be the strat-map. My guess is that there are less then 50 people on the planet that knows how to do such a map for MTW. Obviously I am one, but I am hardly one of the best at it. It is hard and difficult work and it takes time, effort, more time and more effort - and there are gazillion things that can go wrong - and they probably will at various points. So it will take time just to straighten out a map and make it work properly. If you actually manage to create a 100% fully operational map for MTW1 - then one giant obstacle is out of the way. Once that has happened your chances of seeing this thru increases drastically.

Thus, the map, should be your priority 1. See various threads and guides about creating strat-maps over at the ORG. and start from there and ask some questions about it there when uncertain - somebody will show up and try to answer it (people usually do). Do the research and gather the tools needed to actually start at all. Once that has happened, I suggest you do a test-map first, say some 5 provinces - just to get a thorough understanding on the basics and how things are done. I don' want to kill this idea for you, but you should have no illusions about it and what lies ahead.

Just saying...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; May 11, 2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Da English...