Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2 confirmed.

However, it would be wise of them to capitalise on the fact that most people are sick of seeing the same stuff over and over.
    the Burma campaign, Winter War, Invasion of Poland... these are hardly ever portrayed in games. I mean i don't think i've ever seen a game that has even touched the first 9 months of the war.
    I agree, the invasion of normandy and the eastern front are way overlooked.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    DOW2 was a damn fun game, the gameplay being radically different might have been disappointing to people who just wanted a carbon copy sequel but it sure as hell wasn't "never seeing the light of day"-bad
    I agree, at least with it's expansions. Personally, I would rather it played more like MOW and done away with base building.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

DoW2 is great but it'd be terrible for CoH2. Epic WW2 battles on the eastern front...represented by 6 squads of 3 men fighting over an area the size of a tennis court.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    DoW2 is great but it'd be terrible for CoH2. Epic WW2 battles on the eastern front...represented by 6 squads of 3 men fighting over an area the size of a tennis court.
    Well to be fair, even in CoH you rarely played out entire battles. You were mostly just given a section of a battle that was implied to be raging on around your section. Except for a few like the mission where you had to raid the missile platforms.

Either way I agree with getting rid of base building, or at least toning it down, it was such a hassle in CoH that really took away from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderswift View Post
    Well to be fair, even in CoH you rarely played out entire battles. You were mostly just given a section of a battle that was implied to be raging on around your section. Except for a few like the mission where you had to raid the missile platforms.

Either way I agree with getting rid of base building, or at least toning it down, it was such a hassle in CoH that really took away from the game.
    How was base building a hassle? You should have had to build buildings once at most unless you were doing something horribly wrong and losing.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

OMG OMG OMG YEEEEES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    How was base building a hassle? You should have had to build buildings once at most unless you were doing something horribly wrong and losing.
    It's a hassle that I have to spend the entire game guarding this group of buildings I don't need anymore or I'll lose the match. They already have the ability to call in various other units from off map implemented it was just for special units. I'd love to see it be more about the actual combat than base building, capturing resource sectors (which still makes no sense) and then rushing the enemy's base before they do it to you.

I'd love to see it just drop all that and have it be about the actual combat. Drop the resources, just have one that'll all you to call in new units and make other objectives for the victory conditions.

The field fortifications were great, the base building makes no sense given the context of the game and is more or less unneeded.

It is all I have.

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderswift View Post
    It's a hassle that I have to spend the entire game guarding this group of buildings I don't need anymore or I'll lose the match.
    Thats what base defenses are for, and the buildings added another wrinkle to the gameplay that I happened to like. Crazy base rushes make for amazing replays.

They already have the ability to call in various other units from off map implemented it was just for special units. I'd love to see it be more about the actual combat than base building, capturing resource sectors (which still makes no sense) and then rushing the enemy's base before they do it to you.
    Base rushes are incredibly risky in CoH and most victories come down to VPs

I'd love to see it just drop all that and have it be about the actual combat. Drop the resources, just have one that'll all you to call in new units and make other objectives for the victory conditions.
    Then it really isn't CoH imo.
    The field fortifications were great, the base building makes no sense given the context of the game and is more or less unneeded.
    That is your opinion
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

I want more defence options. More different Bunkers, more different fortifications like trenches !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    Thats what base defenses are for, and the buildings added another wrinkle to the gameplay that I happened to like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    I want more defence options. More different Bunkers, more different fortifications like trenches !!
    Same here, I like the base building, and I'd like it even more if it were expanded, rather than removed completely. They should feel free to introduce a call-in-only game mode for people interested in that, but I personally prefer to have a base. I simply like having a position somewhere to always come back to and that I can plaster defenses all over.

agreed with tankfriend. The maps should be bigger tough. In some smaller maps it was hard to find a proper spot for your buildings

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    Thats what base defenses are for, and the buildings added another wrinkle to the gameplay that I happened to like. Crazy base rushes make for amazing replays.
    The defenses are great, I love the defenses. I love the bunkers, the medic stations (especially them) the tank traps barbed wire etc etc. That's not what I meant. It's the depots and barracks and all that crap that you have to build to make units that bugs me.

Base rushes are incredibly risky in CoH and most victories come down to VPs
    Well that's just different experiences I suppose.

Then it really isn't CoH imo.
    As it stands the only part of CoH that is CoH and not every other RTS in that style is the combat so why would editing the bit that's the same every game make it less so?

That is your opinion
    Last I checked they weren't rolling tanks off the factory floor right onto the battlefield in WWII so no it really doesn't make any sense so you can't say that's an opinion.

I just want something less standard, everything else is brilliant but the base building makes it so boring. I sincerely hope it's changed. At least let the player choose where they want to put it, or make it less bulky and easier to manage. I want to be able to focus on the combat and creating choke points with defenses not trying to find a place for another bloody unit production building in the huge mass of unit production buildings that is my base.

It is all I have.

So we get to play as the Russians and Germans, but no Yankees or Brits? :o

To be honest, I'd love if they managed to squeeze in some more factions.

Like brits, yanks, japs....

... maybe not the italians, because they barely achieved anything more than the French ^^
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Official reveal on May 7th:

Company of Heroes 2 Begins War on Gaming Press

Early this morning a delivery person showed up at my door with shocking news: HITLER BEGINS WAR ON RUSSIA. Either that was the world's most delinquent paper boy, or THQ really wants us to get excited about Company of Heroes 2.

Not only did THQ send me a FedEx wake-up call at 7AM, they also got me to translate Russian. The card accompanying this poster-sized piece of World War II nostalgia reads "Briefings begin May 7", indicating we're just three days away from the big reveal of the sequel to one of the greatest real-time strategy games of all time.

Well, aside from what's already been revealed via magazine scans.

I just wish THQ hadn't gone the newspaper route (*rimshot*) with this initial tease. It's not that I don't appreciate the significance of June 22, 1941. It's not that I hate history. It's the fact that the obsessive compulsive collector in me now feels I need to collect the entire set of 1941 cover sheets from The New York Times.

Note to insane PR people: That was not a request.

http://kotaku.com/5907619/company-of...n-gaming-press
    Last edited by Antissa; May 04, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

... maybe not the italians, because they barely achieved anything more than the French ^^
    I'd love to see the italians in, it is awesome to play as them in FH2 (BF2 mod)
    IMO it would be awesome if they added lots of theatres and not only the eastern front, like north afrika, the invasion of greece, the fall of france, the blitzkrieg on poland, the invasion of italy (that way we brazilians can make at last a 1st appearence in world war 2 games!) and so on, but obviously they arent gonna make it.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I'd love to see the italians in, it is awesome to play as them in FH2 (BF2 mod)
    IMO it would be awesome if they added lots of theatres and not only the eastern front, like north afrika, the invasion of greece, the fall of france, the blitzkrieg on poland, the invasion of italy (that way we brazilians can make at last a 1st appearence in world war 2 games!) and so on, but obviously they arent gonna make it.
    North Africa would be awesome! Very different though, I'd also love to see some of the pacific campaigns. Italy would be great as well, I'm surprised they've ignored it thus far tbh.

It is all I have.

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

You're surprised they ignored Italy as a faction or as a country? because if you're talking a faction, i'm not surprised at all.
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    You're surprised they ignored Italy as a faction or as a country? because if you're talking a faction, i'm not surprised at all.
    As a campaign. I never really thought about it before but it seems odd they didn't included an Invasion of Italy campaign in one of the expansions. As for a faction yeeeeeeeah I'm not surprised either.

It is all I have.

Nice PR stunt! It seems they are quite keen on showing off the game, which can only be good...

Regarding other factions, I expect them to make at least one expansion (or is it DLC? Seems like a long time ago I saw a true "expansion" to anything...) and I expect it to be North Africa campaign, as the British. Would also be cool if they did an American campaign in Italy...around Mount Cassino, for instance...

Gosh, people who claim that WWII is overused don't know nothing!

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

I love base building in Coh, fortifying emplacements, setting up mines, blocking access to certain areas, you know stuff like that.... Only to get my base ruined by a spam of Nazi tanks........

I hope that in Coh2, defending, fortifying and securing your base has a bigger purpose.