Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I cant stop cheating

Default Re: I cant stop cheating

I always use toggle_fow at different points during the game. It's nice to see what's happening in the rest of the world at any given time.

I have a bit of a problem too, but I try to rationalize my cheating. For instance, character resets when I made a mistake when moving, or when they stoped RIGHT OUTSIDE a city, or add_population by removing it from one place and adding it to another. Other than that though, I don't really cheat cheat. However, thanks to a horrible RNG, I do savescum.

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

the hax are everyware...
    Been a long time hasn't it?

You may think "toggle_fow" can't be so bad, just once? and before you know it you're adding money to your faction, winning every battle by the help of the console.

I played normally I had fun
    I played with cheats. I admit I had fun to experiment with traits, ancillaries and well ... cheats. I had fun, but to be honest, the game wasnt that difficult before, but I like the roleplaying dimension it brings along.

But THEN, I realised... cheating is for beginners... I still have to wage senseless wars with stubborn enemies. there is basically no cheat against this, even if you buy peace for 1.000.000 florins they come back seconds later...

Now I am off for hotseat campaigns. even better single player hot seat campaigns. At the moment I play one where I even control the rebels, cause those idiots once spawned an army into the center of a HRE/France/Papal/Byzantine/Milanese/Danish battlefield where i was prepared to wage a 20.000 soldier battle which had to be postponed cause of the 3 feudal knight rebels deciding to make their proclamation of independence in front of all armies of western europe. Now i control war, peace, politics, diplomacy, anything and everything. THATS the only way of real power.
    (although declaring war on yourself... makes you feel uncomfortable sometimes)
    Samir
    the gods are good, only the priests are evil
    <Voltaire>

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

people consider cheating "making the game too easy", so maybe if you have to cheat play vh/vh because the ai wil always be cheating more than you.
    Been a long time hasn't it?

While I agree that a lot of cheating will ruin your game. However if you're like me and you're strapped for time and don't want to deal with other factions or rebels spam armies of 2-3 units then auto_win attacker or defender is ur saving grace. Sometimes its the only way specially with Light Cav, and Horse Archer heavy eastern armies when you're coming up against a stack of 2-5 units of militia spearmen on H/VH campaign difficulty. You will either lose auto resolve outright or you will take heavy casualties.

Try to limit your cheating to toggle_fow (just to view the map, then toggle it of back off), and auto_win battles that are annoying to fight such as the ones i mentioned earlier.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Roachbugg View Post
    no it just makes it easy as Lindsy Lohan.....
    Hahaha! Wow...That was a good one.

I too have a cheating problem. I know admitting that there is a problem is the first step, but what next? I need something like the "jump to conclusions mat" from Office Space, but with a different theme like "don't ing cheat you short-cutting moron mat".

Seriously though, is there a therapy and rehabilitation service offered by TWC yet?

Toxin12's Avatar Civis

I remember my own problem with the Mount and Blade cheats, I just couldn't stop, I told myself for days and days that I would but I just couldn't...then one day I looked at myself in the mirror and said "This is not me." so at that moment I.......quit. It worked for me, it can work for you too. haha no really I am joking.

Yomamashouse's Avatar Semisalis

You sound like my ex. Oh wait you mean the console, nm.

At the moment I play one where I even control the rebels, cause those idiots once spawned an army into the center of a HRE/France/Papal/Byzantine/Milanese/Danish battlefield where i was prepared to wage a 20.000 soldier battle which had to be postponed cause of the 3 feudal knight rebels deciding to make their proclamation of independence in front of all armies of western europe.
    LOL that is HILARIOUS! Postponed... oh man I'm laughing way too hard. XD How can your comp even handle a battle that big, that's nuts! The bodies must have littered the ground like leaves in autumn! Screenies?
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Random Number Generator.

It controls everything that requires a random check in the game. Most notable are spies and assassins, where I have seen spies with a 95% success rate die, multiple times in a ow.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

this thread should be 'console cheaters anonymous' or some form because even though its not really anonymous, we can all offer support and light sarcasm for all those cheaters out there whose games are being ruined by their cheating.
    remember if you are a cheater, saying 'one more cheat wont be too bad...' is just the start of more cheating
    be strong, hold your ground and fight those battles you would auto resolve, buy map information. play on hard difficulty so you don't have to buy ceasefires for wars that shouldn't be happening.

but don't cheat, peace out

Well... i cant take this any longer whithout pouring out all of my problems... i admit to being a savescum, i hate loosing my agents even trough there is a 40 - 60% chance of sucsess, i cant stand it, i have now also started to unconsiously save before entering diplomacy I also toggle_fow at times to just find the best princess and if she is too far to get there in less than 3 turns i do "character_reset" because i fear she will get married by the idiot AI who will marry her to a 70 year old guy on his deathbed!

So yeah... i feel like i should take out the ~, ctrl and s buttons out of my keyboard before i start playing

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Well, yeah my problem is that I always get annoyed at the mini failures in the campaign, such as a small stack of rebels inflicting loads of casualties without auto_win. Or the character needing to get somewhere ON THAT TURN and no other, or the character stopping just next to something. That's when I pull out the character_reset. Sometimes other mods bug out, like the Hobbit Road Speedup not firing on Third Age, then I process_cq. If I am really deep into late-game and one city I take is a village and I really need it to match ALL my other cities I add_population and process_cq and add_money . Or when I suddenly loose all fighting will and feel like throwing the PC out the window for no reason I divulge into complete rage of cheats: auto_win all, process_cq, add_money and much more. Shame really, with that keys.dat file it could all be changed. I wouldn't be able to open the console.....

Indefinitely Banned

cheating irl or in a game is not a problem is a gift of getting things easy without any effort
    i was born with this gift and i used at maximum for my own benefits from irl to this random game

in fact i dont think i played anything without cheats

create_unit "Latinikon" 1 9 9 9 =D

maximvs3's Avatar Laetus

Is reloading the game or surrounding agents with armies to kill.. cheating? If so i do it often, it sucks but I got them byzantine ways! Byzantines cheated irl too ha!

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonchampion View Post
    Random Number Generator.

It controls everything that requires a random check in the game. Most notable are spies and assassins, where I have seen spies with a 95% success rate die, multiple times in a ow.
    Indeed, the "RNG" in M2TW is far from random. Computers in general aren't very good at being random, so random numbers are usually generated based on random things like cursor position, the amount of money you have, the number of fingers in your nose right now...

Now, this "pseudo-random" system does its job quite well. However, If you start reloading turns an let a spy try to infiltrate something over and over again, you will start noticing patterns. This is because the situation is almost identical every time you reload. You will have the same amount of money, the same amount of fingers in your nose, the same parrot on your shoulder. Because the RNG bases its result on these things, it will no longer be random. Your spy can die 9 out of 10 times, even though he had a 80% chance to succeed.

Or btw, 95% sounds like a certain succes. But think of it this way: it's a 1 in 20 chance to fail. Sounds a bit more scary now, eh?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

I use toggle_fow occasionally and auto_win vs small groups of rebels IF im not having a roaming small army cleaning them all up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234