Thread: Resources and buildings

Default Resources and buildings

Got a question about resources in particular regions. I wonder if I should build glass making facilities in regions without glass for example will it increase my income or just enrich landscape and waste money ? Same with other resource based buildings.

Default Re: Resources and buildings

Check the "details" tab for the settlement to see what happens when you add it to the construction queue. That also goes for others like the wine/olive/etc. tree, mines, temples, hospitals, or whatever it may be. The building descriptions also generally tell you what it does, but even for something vague like "increases trade," the predicted results will show up in the details. If there's any corruption, you'll even see exactly how much more you'll lose from it (based on the increased income) along with the bonus it's supposed to give. Likewise, for something like a well that increases happiness and growth and reduces income, you'll get an overall sense of how much each of those is affected. (You might, for example, get an extra happiness boost if you start a "population boom," especially if you fiddle around with lower tax rates, which you wouldn't expect if you just went by the building description.... That might be something to take into account if you'd like to remove some of the garrison in a few turns.)