Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Default Re: TEd battle map editor announced

Interesting. Very interesting.

"Don't listen to me, i am just an inferior german who is not allowed to play a game with blood."

"Since i have discovered a way to play a game with blood as a german, you should take even more care not to listen to me, because i am something like a criminal now."

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So you release a battle map editor, but refrain from releasing a campaign map editor?

Because a campaign map editor > battle map editor.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks CA! im speechless!, Haven't had a chance to check the forums today, since i started a NW campaign up, but im really please with this!

Don´t you guys see it? they are throwing us bread crumbs to try to calm us down, because they know we are pissed of their recurrent lies about releasing the mod, that would ( in their minds) potentially harm their DLC sells.

DividingSolid's Avatar Tiro

Hopefully by the time they release Rome 2 we should have the tools to edit battles and campaign maps.

Will it be possible to import custom resources (Custom Textures, models, units, etc.) atleast for offline play if not supported for multiplay.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Wow. I did not expect this at all.

CA, I am back on board. Now, I am not letting you off the hook. I still expect you to fix our game, but this.... This is great news.

This is exciting, guys. Imagine what the Seki team can do with this... Even though, yes, a campaign map would have been better, this works fine as well. If you have a seperate battle map for every province, and a bunch of original castle maps, I might just have a go at taking Japan again...

Again, CA, great work.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Am I the only one who notices that the clouds in the first picture all look like animals (Puppies, Turtles, etc.)

DividingSolid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    Am I the only one who notices that the clouds in the first picture all look like animals (Puppies, Turtles, etc.)
    I can see it now after your post.

Very cool indeed cant wait to see what gets created.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

OI! Craig, post that document on this site, i don't have access to offical site.

PLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!

R
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538312

Will this work with the steamworkshop? Also will we have the ability to rate the quility of maps if it doesn't? With user-created content usually the vast majority is crap with top tier stuff being much less in ratio.

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoBo1 View Post
    Will this work with the steamworkshop? Also will we have the ability to rate the quility of maps if it doesn't? With user-created content usually the vast majority is crap with top tier stuff being much less in ratio.
    I imagine we could just host it here.

Maybe make a thread specifically for it, though.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoBo1 View Post
    I was just about to enquire about that reading from the document could not find any mention regarding uploading the maps via steam. It did mention that for MP the map will be automatically downloaded if one player did not have the map though.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

great news! hopefully this will be followed up by some unit editing tools! thanks CA!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Nice job!

Hopefully CA sees the response to this announcement and takes to heart the idea that such ventures are worth the effort in terms of community goodwill and the more serious gamers' willingness to support the brand, even if doesn't show up on SEGA's ROI.

Hopefully the conspiracists see that CA isn't a giant evil empire trying to screw with TWC.

...not that I'm holding my breath, but there, I've put two crazy ideas out there.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Hopefully CA sees the response to this announcement and takes to heart the idea that such ventures are worth the effort in terms of community goodwill and the more serious gamers' willingness to support the brand, even if doesn't show up on SEGA's ROI.

Hopefully the conspiracists see that CA isn't a giant evil empire trying to screw with TWC.

...not that I'm holding my breath, but there, I've put two crazy ideas out there.

Yes. Compare this announcement to the TWB-Sendai one.

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post

Yea, as you can see, there is a pattern.

Free, mod tools, bug fixes= happy people

Good dlc, title announcements, CA updates= happy people and angry people

Bad dlc, patches that make bugs, weird requirements for hidden content= raging people

These are fairly obvious signs that should be noted.