Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: TEd battle map editor announced

Quote Originally Posted by SamWarrior View Post
    Can we modify castles or is it just for the regular battle?
    Good question.

I think some talented modders out there will be able to shift the terrain around or whatnot to change the look of castles but the actual castle modder might be pre fabricated. Unless Craig can shed some light on this we might have to wait and find out.

So Craig if your listening... will the castle walls be editable or will the only buildings your able to place are the ones outside castles...?

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Good question.

I think some talented modders out there will be able to shift the terrain around or whatnot to change the look of castles but the actual castle modder might be pre fabricated. Unless Craig can shed some light on this we might have to wait and find out.

So Craig if your listening... will the castle walls be editable or will the only buildings your able to place are the ones outside castles...?
    Castles are made up of wall pieces that can be placed wherever you see fit

Having read the threads lately, and noticing the general negativism of the community towards CA (which I share on several matters), I have to say that this comes as a very pleasant surprise. Thanks CA!
    Aerocool Xpredator / i7-2600k / ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
    SLI Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II / G. Skill DD3 1600 2x4gb
    XFX 850 Watts Black Edition / ST21000524AS Barracuda 7200 rpm 1 TB / LG W2353

Great!!!
    new maps for 40 vs 40 multiplayer matches will be really great!! but craig when u will put them?

SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus

Hi Craig,
    just wanted to say thank you, this a truly great achievement !!!! But I wanted to ask you whether you meant that there are going to be news about the next TW soon or that you're going to discuss new ideas for the next game when you said in brackets: More on this from Craig soon.
    Thanks
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I love CA.

But im not trying to be a annoyances, but will it also means you guys soon will release a campaign map maker, even as simple. =)

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

They said do not expect a campaign editor or any other mod tool... they cannot predict the future and its time consuming to produce the tools. They said if it comes it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Castles are made up of wall pieces that can be placed wherever you see fit
    Wow, seriously that is the best part of the editor... how come you just didnt say that from the beginnning?

So we can place the walls as we see fit and design whatever castle system we can imagine? Awesome! Thats a huge step forward from the M2 battle editor.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; May 02, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Thats great! Castle building and map design. I love it! I hopefully see the start of a trend of heading in the correct modding direction.

Will map sizes be able to be increased or decreased with this feature then?
    Some people were born to be great. Others...not so much...

-= ME!=-

Thank you Craig and CA! This is a great step forward for modern TW games. Like others have said, your fans desperately want to create our own tools to compile campaign maps. It's the critical piece really preventing the jawdropping total conversions from your earlier games that keeps us coming back to them again and again. The community is making amazing progress, but any explanation CA can provide would be exceptionally appreciated.

Awesome, I'm going to make a huge castle and use an epic 40 vs 40 battle mode!

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Glad to hear it; next step - campaign/diplomacy editors.

Don't let us down lads!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    What is REALLY supprising, it's that I don't see any CA bashing at all in this tread.
    We are all tired by now ... and there is nothing to bash about this time really.

This are good news,although 2 games and 3 years later , yet a step into the right direction.

What Iam sorry to see , is all the CA yes men and lover boys enticing the critics to bash the news.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys.

Good work CA and my sincere and honest envy for all you Shogun players.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

I have noticed a lot of people asking about what sort of mod tools we are getting next, even though Craig has specifically said - not to expect any further 'tools'. I too am hoping for further modding tools, however I believe that any future development tools rely solely on the successes of TEd - before any further investment is made.

The way I read Craig's post, is that CA have taken a bit of a gamble with 'TEd' - both in time which could have been spent developing something profitable, and costs. Due to the pressures of the community, it's likely that CA have managed to talk their lofty overlords at SEGA into allowing them to invest this time and money into developing a user tool - with no guarantee of any sort of profit due to increased sales.

If we want a chance of any further tools, TEd has to be a success - and become a well used tool within the community.

Show CA what we can do, and how much of a difference mod tools make to us - and then we might be in with a chance of seeing new tools in the future. (Although there is no solid guarantee)
    -Scope

Author of:

Ninja Hero Mod V3.0 (For Hattori, Tokugawa and FOTS Factions) *Released 08/06/2013* - Addition of new FOTS campaign Shinobi Hero unit, rebalancing and new unit randomisation.

Well that's a pleasant surprise. So no SP for now then? Is it due to AI problems? (can't see why else)

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by [N]Fullin View Post
    What Iam sorry to see , is all the CA yes men and lover boys enticing the critics to bash the news.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys.
    Well said. Just because we are not afraid to complain when something is wrong doesn`t mean we actually want to or enjoy it. Heck we who complain would love it if everything was so good that we need never, ever complain.

We enjoy the good feeling of not complaining when CA does something right too!
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; May 02, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Good new indeed. Not that I actually will have time to use it anyway..

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Maybe it's a good time also for napoleon total war's editor?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Not going to happen.

Thanks CA .. just in time for .. Rome 2?

Hopefully it will be easy enough to use for old dementia-cranks like me to use!

Now all we need is a strategic map editor, Supply path editor, AI editor, politcal editor, class system editor ...

R

OI! Craig, post that document on this site, i don't have access to offical site.

PLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!

R
    Last edited by Radzeer; May 03, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Very nice, a quick glance over the document is very promising indeed! Plus the ability to create custom maps so easily has further SP implications! Cannot wait!