Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Default Re: TEd battle map editor announced

This should be fun. Thanks guys!

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Great, but what the community really wants here is the ability to edit and create custom CAMPAIGN MAPS...

This sounds great but will it use steam workshop so we can root out the best of the best and what not?

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Well this is a pleasant and completely unexpected surprise!

If it wasn't for unit mods being sound bugged, then the modding experience for Shogun 2 would be perfect!

Fix this tiny problem, combined with the TEd - and CA will get Kudos from me forever!
    -Scope

Author of:

Ninja Hero Mod V3.0 (For Hattori, Tokugawa and FOTS Factions) *Released 08/06/2013* - Addition of new FOTS campaign Shinobi Hero unit, rebalancing and new unit randomisation.

Cool!

SUPER GRASSY FLATLAND, here I am !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@the CA guys: First a big thanks from me. I knew you hadn´t given up the modding community.

And after that a question: Was there any kind of special reason to release a Battle Map editor, and not, for example, a campaign map or unit editor? Don´t get me wrong, I really like that you released TEd, but I am curious to know what you think/thought when you created TEd.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

THANK YOU CA ! ! ! ! !

BTW: I wouldn't call putting in a battle map editor a "modest" step but a freaking spectacular one!

- How can we get the editor?

- Would it soon be released for Single player maps too?

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    You know people would pay for this... .
    I know I would pay for this, as soon as any of my friends got FotS too.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 02, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

"In the meantime, please enjoy getting to grips with TEd – the best modders will find it more powerful than it initially appears…”

I hope this is a sneaky way of saying its somehow possible to use it for SP.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

What is REALLY supprising, it's that I don't see any CA bashing at all in this tread.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

batufb94's Avatar Civis

wohoo ...

excellent !

haha nice job CA!! Really enjoyed reading the PDF also (got so excited when I saw the AI hint polygons, then I remembered its for custom battles )

The known bugs/Issues also cracked me up (The Undo History tab does no work correctly 100% of the time) hehe but either way getting super excited for this thanks CA

Senator

It'd be awesome if there were to be a campaign map editor. I think that would be so much better for modders. Look at the way people developed the RTW and M2TW maps, making for a much more immersive experience. The same Japan map gets a little boring, see.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    There is all sorts of data compiled into the campaign map format - so a "campaign map editor tool" alone wouldn't solve the problem (we actually use third-party modelling tools for creating the geometry and such a tool doesn't exist in our tool chain), our database editor plugs into that, then there's campaign code, pathfinding code, locomotion, etc.
    And we peons are too simple minded to figure it out...?

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    What is REALLY supprising, it's that I don't see any CA bashing at all in this tread.
    Give it a bit,still early,Trolls sleep in

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    The same Japan map gets a little boring, see.
    i dont agree, for example modders can add Korea, China, Mongolia, Russian far east etc

imagine a mod that takes place during japanese invasion in Korea with Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
    Last edited by BigBOSS_Gr; May 02, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
    post apocalyptic
    metal gear solid - greek fans

"οὐκ ἐν τῷ πολλῷ τὸ εὖ

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by BigBOSS_Gr View Post
    i dont agree, for example modders can add Korea, China, Mongolia, Russian far east etc

imagine a mod that takes place during japanese invasion in Korea with Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
    Yup.

IMAGINE! The Korean troops wielding the hwando and performing kenjutsu moves, imagine koreans wielding the Jangchang in sojutsu moves, imagine the walls of Busan and it has a tenshu of Matsumoto in it oh and kuruwa, not korean walls mind you.

Oh and dont forget Korean troops screaming in japanese.

"BAI NO HAYASADE!"

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Can't wait to play a Shogun 2 mods, or maybe, make one, if I get some good ideas and a big lot of free time.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

First of all, thank you for this tool.

After the (very late) release of xml and xsd db tables, the FoTS demo and its dedicated forum to debate about bugs, things to enhance, etc. now this battlemap editor is a step further to try to re-conciliate CA with TWC fan and modding community.

Now, I have a question about this tool.
    Will you allow modders to eventually modify and adapt it to ETW and/or NTW ?
    If yes, will you help them, for instance sending them documents about tool code ?

I absolutely understand that CA can not spend too much time on such tools, for instance a campaign map editor.
    But this is something that some modders could do here, even if they are very few in number.
    Could CA help them, sending some documents as PietroMicca write it some posts above ?

Same for model converter, I remember a question about S2TW models :
    For older files, bone indices are stored in the .rigid_model file.
    For newer .rigid_model_v2 files, they are still probaby there.
    But, I don't know where they are or how they're stored.
    This is the kind of information need to create converter.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Blackwolf's Avatar Ordinarius

Everyone is talking about custom battles, could we also make historical battles or battles that are like historicals?