Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Antalis's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Quote Originally Posted by 99Androidguy777 View Post
    Some smart modder will make new battle maps and figer out how to add them into the campaign map , it is just a matter of time.
    Yes, that should be possible. But then you still have the same campaignmap. Thats the problem. No new campaignmap. But yes, its really nice to implemente some castlemaps to specific regions or some other good battlefield maps.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by 99Androidguy777 View Post
    Some smart modder will make new battle maps and figer out how to add them into the campaign map , it is just a matter of time.
    will we be able to add new textures to the editors brushes ?
    will we be able to make navel battle maps ?
    Someone already figured that out...

I dont see why we cant make naval maps as well since it will prob just be a key that decreases elevation that creates water.

I wrote most of TEd but no longer work at C.A. Some of my information might be out of date.

@99Androidguy777
    Yes, you can create your own brushes in TEd. They can be as big as you like but it would improve performance if they're smaller.
    I'm not sure about naval battles. It wasn't possible to place ships in previous versions of TEd (never quite got around to adding that but it shouldn't be too hard) but the maps themselves are the same format.

Hmm. It seems my posts are being deleted. Ah well.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by TimLuther View Post
    Aren't you still bound by NDA if you say you are who you are ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

@LestaT In this case, I honestly have no idea. I have no intention of leaking anything about future products or compromising C.A's work. Whilst I have nothing to gain other than proper and correct attribution for my work, I hope that my position of knowing TEd very well and not working for C.A. will allow me to be of some use to the modding community. If this becomes a contentious issue then I will simply stop posting here. Given my benign intentions, I see no reason why it should. I haven't talked about TEd untill this point out of respect for C.A's desire to have control over announcements. Now that it has been announced, I feel that it is appropriate for me to talk about it given my role in developing the software.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

@LestaT In this case, I honestly have no idea. I have no intention of leaking anything about future products or compromising C.A's work. Whilst I have nothing to gain other than proper and correct attribution for my work, I hope that my position of knowing TEd very well and not working for C.A. will allow me to be of some use to the modding community. If this becomes a contentious issue then I will simply stop posting here. Given my benign intentions, I see no reason why it should. I haven't talked about TEd untill this point out of respect for C.A's desire to have control over announcements. Now that it has been announced, I feel that it is appropriate for me to talk about it given my role in developing the software.
    Just a precaution as TEd is still not release yet anyway. Anyway some inside knowledge should be great anyway, as long as the site moderators/admins says okay. Or unless CA says otherwise. Good to have you around.

Cheers mate.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Good to have you around.

Cheers mate.
    Thanks! It's a bit of a thin line to walk but I'd like to be a help to the community and C.A. whilst having the latitude to speak for myself.
    Well, at least I don't have to worry about Craig coming over to my desk to tell me off because my desk is now 200 miles away

Thanks! It's a bit of a thin line to walk but I'd like to be a help to the community and C.A. whilst having the latitude to speak for myself.
    Well, at least I don't have to worry about Craig coming over to my desk to tell me off because my desk is now 200 miles away
    This should be fascinating.

This is a wonderful development I'd put on my wishlists. Can't wait to get cracking on some historical 12th/13th century battle maps - Heian-Kyō, Ichi-no-tani, Nara temples, Atsukashiyama, Hiraizumi...

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

It would be great to have someone around with working knowledge and the time to share some insight. That goes not just for TEd but for some of the more esoteric campaign and battle game mechanics. Things that shouldn't really be a mystery to players or modders: the supply and demand system for trade, trade route logistics, formulaic relationships between combat modifiers etc. There are a number of essential concepts that are only understood speculatively which would enhance gameplay if better defined. I still remember Thamis' posts (Jan van der Crabben) elaborating on various economic mechanics when Empire was released. As result, I became hooked on what is actually a deeper game than you would gather from official documentation.

So I hope that works out and really appreciate any effort to help us improve some of the game's less developed areas, in particular more plausible castle and town maps.

Cheers

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This is something I`ve been expecting for a long while, and I respect your input a lot, but I`d still be rather careful if I were you. No doubt certain eyes will be watching.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

You have also been posting in the TEd release date announced! Rally Point Episode 2 thread so are you sure you didnt mix up the threads?

idea: can anyone make a Helms Deep/ Minas Tirith castle siege for shogun 2 using s2 castles?

Quote Originally Posted by warphotographer View Post
    idea: can anyone make a Helms Deep/ Minas Tirith castle siege for shogun 2 using s2 castles?
    OOps sorry i posted in the wrong thread pls delete this and the prevous post

mav61's Avatar Civis

Thats great news a civil war mod on this game would be great...i reckon of all the Total War games shogun 2 would be the one engine which would suit the civil war, probably haven't been any attempted because of no map editor....Great news

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112