Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Well, for one thing, Empire is STILL selling strong.

And yes, they SHOULD continue to work on their past titles. Empire is still broken. Try getting Light Infantry to stop shooting... And that's just one example.
    Ca have said in the past that they might go back and retro-fix Empire.

Truth is. Empire has been short-changed from what it should be and FOTS has shown what it CAN be. It is like art left 50% done and so remains incomplete and rubbish, but its potential is there. If Empire is still selling well then they should GO BACK and retro fix it so it can be seen in its FULLNESS.

Y`know The Witcher 2 people have enhanced their game and are reselling it. Original buyers get the update free. Perhaps CA can complete Empire and resell it properly and honestly (with the update free to us who already have it). Still with DRM choices I might add (I love those Devs).

Complete your work, CA.

p.s. Oh and while you`re at it fix the sieges so 18th century troops don`t monkey climb the walls. Create entrance through walls and enter or\and give them ladders. Easy. Your warscape can do it. Thankyou.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; May 06, 2012 at 11:42 AM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    p.s. Oh and while you`re at it fix the sieges so 18th century troops don`t monkey climb the walls. Create entrance through walls and enter or\and give them ladders. Easy. Your warscape can do it. Thankyou.
    Since you mention fix, is this a solution to a game-play issue you've been having? Forgive my not being well versed in the history of the Boshin War, but I wasn't aware of the use of ladders, a point no doubt stemming from the fact there doesn't seem to be any significant sieges throughout the war .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Since you mention fix, is this a solution to a game-play issue you've been having? Forgive my not being well versed in the history of the Boshin War, but I wasn't aware of the use of ladders, a point no doubt stemming from the fact there doesn't seem to be any significant sieges throughout the war .
    I`ll forgive you not reading my post in context and your thinly veiled sarcasm. I`m talking about retrofitting and patching Empire in this case.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I`m talking about retrofitting and patching Empire
    I see! Clearly, sleep beckons me .

...and the unquoted parts are completely unnecessary.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Truth is. Empire has been short-changed from what it should be and FOTS has shown what it CAN be. It is like art left 50% done and so remains incomplete and rubbish, but its potential is there. If Empire is still selling well then they should GO BACK and retro fix it so it can be seen in its FULLNESS.

Y`know The Witcher 2 people have enhanced their game and are reselling it. Original buyers get the update free. Perhaps CA can complete Empire and resell it properly and honestly (with the update free to us who already have it). Still with DRM choices I might add (I love those Devs).

Complete your work, CA.

I don't know why so many people poo-poo ETW, it was and still is a great game. Yes it had samey units and little strategic terrain .. BUT had many countries, many nations! ALL continents! to sail to, set up trade links, conquer etc. Pity the English parliment and elections did little. Having the Wigs in power should have stopped military spending?

Maybe if we can get proper tools for all aspects of future TW games, then gamers can fix the bugs and add new features .. keep costs down and keep SEGA happy?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

No, Empire is a FUN game, it is not a good game. It's a damn fine beta, though.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    No, Empire is a FUN game, it is not a good game. It's a damn fine beta, though.
    NO, its a GOOD game. Thank you for your time.

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

You misunderstand. I like Empire, but in order for it to be "Good", it would have to be complete.

Shogun 2 is a good game. I haven't had as much fun with it as I have Empire, but Shogun 2 is easily the better game.

Empire is not a good game. It's got bugs and glitches out the Yin-Yang, and is nearly unplayable without mods. It's just not a quality, finished product. It's fun to play, but it's by no means a "Good" game.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Antalis's Avatar Civitate

Truth is. Empire has been short-changed from what it should be and FOTS has shown what it CAN be. ... If Empire is still selling well then they should GO BACK and retro fix it so it can be seen in its FULLNESS.
    Yeah, I agree with you Humble. Empire deserves the improvements of NTW and STW2. That would be a good support from CA/SEGA to theire customers. I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks, Top hat and Antalis. There`s plenty in Empire except just about all of it does not work how it should. It`s like a cake with all the ingredients just thrown together and baked without anyone bothering to make sure it actually tasted as it should before serving.

@Anton III: I mistook your wording for a veiled sarcasm. I apologise for any misunderstanding.

Right. It's still a tasty cake, and there sure is a LOT of it, but the after taste is just a bit.... Off.

well done CA.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

debux's Avatar Senator

I must say, when I first read the thread title, my hopes flared up with the hope that CA had fulfilled the promise of improving ETW/NTW... or at least, get it near the level or completeness like S2TW. OR some kind of mod tools. I was disappointed to not see that it was either, but thanks CA nonetheless for not forgetting the community!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

For those who want a glimpse of what Empire COULD have been, I suggest trying out Imperial Splendour. It puts Darthmod to shame in terms of sheer fun and adds proper unit variety and faction balance, instead of CA's "DERP DERP UK IS ALWAYS DA BEST AT EVERYFING OLOLOL"

Quote Originally Posted by Swerg View Post
    For those who want a glimpse of what Empire COULD have been, I suggest trying out Imperial Splendour. It puts Darthmod to shame in terms of sheer fun and adds proper unit variety and faction balance, instead of CA's "DERP DERP UK IS ALWAYS DA BEST AT EVERYFING OLOLOL"
    Does DarthMod fix English Elections so a change of government actuallly does something?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

That question would be better answered in the Darthmod forum.

Now if only we can get back the superior graphics of pre-FOTS times...

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Now all we need is a campaign map editor, and good-bye, CA - for we can make everything then.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Warscape modders can't mod all the stuff they need to make a total conversion even with those 2 editors.

Libertus

Some smart modder will make new battle maps and figer out how to add them into the campaign map , it is just a matter of time.
    will we be able to add new textures to the editors brushes ?
    will we be able to make navel battle maps ?
    Last edited by 99Androidguy777; May 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM.