Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Default Re: TEd battle map editor announced (.pdf documentation in OP)

Craig said it'll be free. Post fail.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; May 04, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I know that man, I only want to motivate them to make that tool and to not complain so much about "This tool cost us a lot of time, money, blood, sweat and tears to get out. Don't expect a flurry of additional tools to follow, but please do enjoy this one and show us what you can do with it".Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalaul View Post
    I know that man, I only want to motivate them to make that tool and to not complain so much about "This tool cost us a lot of time, money, blood, sweat and tears to get out. Don't expect a flurry of additional tools to follow, but please do enjoy this one and show us what you can do with it".Get it?
    I don't think anyone at CA are "complaining" when they say it takes a lot of work to make...and no we won't pay for it after they announced it would be free.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    please enjoy getting to grips with TEd – the best modders will find it more powerful than it initially appears…”
    That ellipsis is most intriguing....

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    That ellipsis is most intriguing....
    Indeed...
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Well this was a nice little treat for logging in for the first time in a month.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalaul View Post
    It's PR, they're basically saying they went the extra mile for us and we should be grateful.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

So I'm guessing those promised mod tools for Empire and Napoleon are out of the question. At least they are opening up a bit.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
    So I'm guessing those promised mod tools for Empire and Napoleon are out of the question. At least they are opening up a bit.
    OMG! I would just LOVE to mod ETW political and elections!! they'd actually do something!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

CA, you're AWESOME!!! This is just really cool.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Well finally I can fight in maps with A LOT of buildings. Medieval 2 was the last time we saw a battle taking place inside a city

great
    i passed on the game because of the blood dlc
    it's okay now, this news is great, i will definitely get the game when
    i get my new computer
    this is also one of the reason i didn't buy the game in the first place

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
    Do you honestly think they have time and resources to devote to literally creating public tools for a game released many years ago. Yeah it would be great but its not going to happen, unless they are sold.

What we can hope for now is for future Titles to have more modability and/or tools. In 5 years maybe they will do a Empire 2 and it will have a better map, more regions, and better diplomacy. And an added benefit a mod tool.

At the very least it looks like the battle editor or TED may be released for future TW titles within the same game engine. Honestly, I dont see why not. The game engine and the editor would work together in theory and the only thing that will differ is what buildings you can create and that the editor draws from its pool of resources.

So they released a battle editor now and will likely include it in every TW release from now and perhaps in the future when they have time and resources they can invest in a campaign editor.

TWC isnt even an official Total War page but look how CA shows up here every day to talk with us peons. Nobody can honestly say they dont give a . But they are running a business and they obviously cant invest resources in past titles. Focus on the future. Keep hitting them for more tools for future titles. Thats something they can do now. If they invest in them during production.

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Well, for one thing, Empire is STILL selling strong.

And yes, they SHOULD continue to work on their past titles. Empire is still broken. Try getting Light Infantry to stop shooting... And that's just one example.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

They should, but won't.

Unfortunatly, you are correct.

Antalis's Avatar Civitate

Yes, good work CA.
    Last edited by Antalis; May 06, 2012 at 04:23 AM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    It's PR, they're basically saying they went the extra mile for us and we should be grateful.
    Well, they don't HAVE to make these Tools, their Profits are booming and will continue to be so without this Editor.
    At least they're engaging with our concerns, I see how difficult it has been for those experts on here to try and crack the Campaign Map Code. Could take a Year/2 Years before we saw any significant progress, CA's greatly speeded this up for them.

Default Re: TEd battle map editor announced

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    YES!!!

Watch as thundering whineage become thundering praise for about 3 days before reverting to thundering whineage
    I feel vindicated

Oh, I dunno about 'thundering whineage' lol

The absence (and apparent impossibility) of a Campaign Map editor is a perfectly reasonable cause of complaint.....just as this battle-map editor is a step in the right direction (and a major one, considering everything.) The editor looks very good, judging by the documentation.....which also looks pretty good, considering everything. [I can't try it, not having S2]

I don't think there's any hope of getting tools retrospectively - might as well forget it imo. It's now about the future titles, isn't it? In that sense, 'whining' about the absence of proper tools is the way to go.....what else would anyone suggest?

But also, another way to help move CA towards providing tools is appreciating, and thoroughly exploiting the one tool available (whatever its present limitations), isn't it?

This tool is a big deal, but it's only a part of the deal. So why expect 'whineage' to stop?