Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Create you own house

Default Create you own house

were all waiting for the release of v1.00 of this great mod (no rush devs) i thought it would be fun for the W:TW community to create their own houses. for example you could design your own coat of arms or create a family tree and provide information on the members of your house. you can integrate your family into the history of Westeros or alter it during anytime period you want the head could be a 6th king in the war of the 5 five kings i hope you guys understand what i wanna see here. please take ur time whilst creating these stories

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Create you own house

I'll just leave this here :

http://inkwellideas.com/coat_of_arms/free-version/

Perhaps the Houses/Names together with the coat of arms made here could be used by people to create a hotseat where besides rulling your chosen faction with its normal set of generals you can have a character created to represent you. Either for normal gameplay or a regicide one . I hope that wouldn't effect lore too much.

My personal coat of arms
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bio
    House Rosthart ruled by the new Lord Roschy known as the prophet for predicting the current conflict. New lord to arrive to Westeros 3 years after the War of the Usurper. Came to Westeros with his title. Nobody knows for sure from where and how. Rumor has it he is a descendant of an exiled lord from the Blackfyre Rebellion. Serves as castellan for a small keep in the stormlands. Has yet to pledge his allegiance to any proclaim king. As nobody knows his true past nobody knows where his loyalties truly lie. 19 of age. No other family member known so far.

Has an orange eyed white raven above two white axes on a field of black as house sigil. Unknown as of yet if it stands for a bastard of one of the great houses. Unknown if the white raven relates with the white ravens of the Citadel

House Words: Wise in Wrath

Last edited by Prophet1331; May 01, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

oooh i'll start working on my house immediately, from the north i suspect!

~Criticism Is Coming~

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    Perhaps the Houses/Names together with the coat of arms made here could be used by people to create a hotseat where besides rulling your chosen faction with its normal set of generals you can have a character created to represent you. Either for normal gameplay or a regicide one . I hope that wouldn't effect lore too much.
    There is the Custom Characters Hotseat, Where you create your own characters with their Bios and ancs and traits, pretty cool actually

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

This is my personal coat of arms (just made it)! Korpskog means Ravenwood or Ravenforrest and is the name of a place at Öland (the long small island next to Sweden in the baltic sea) were my grandmother was born and now also my family name (taken). The two ravens symbolises Hugin & Munin two ravens that belong to Odin who is the biggest god in nordic mythologi, the tree was ment to be ash but they only had oak at the site . In nordic mythologi the whole world resolves around the "world tree" called "asken Yggrasil" so thats what it is suposed to be! The colors come from my favorite footballteam the notorios Hammarby IF from southern Stockholm were I live.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

where can u create your own sigil?
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

Quote Originally Posted by thespaniard View Post
    where can u create your own sigil?
    look at post #2

o duh sorry my bad looked right over it
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by SeruGiran View Post
    There is the Custom Characters Hotseat, Where you create your own characters with their Bios and ancs and traits, pretty cool actually
    The person who came up with that must be pretty awesome right
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

House Murf of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. Our motto is "Howay the Lads"

Lord Murf is an elusive character. Due to high player demand from TWC and a tough Sky Sports schedule he is forced to stay in most evenings slaving away at his computer. He is occasionally seen in the Leazes End singing loudly.

His current levy strength consists of one moaning girlfriend, a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a Jack Russel. He has a Valyrian steel sword called "Toho the Killer".
    Last edited by Murfmurf; May 01, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    The person who came up with that must be pretty awesome right
    Yeah right!

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Here is mine - this is really cool stuff

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

*Yawn*
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Spoilers in this post!!!!

House Darkstar
    Allegiance: House Stark
    Title: Lord Protectors of the King in the North
    Ser Otto Darkstar, and his son Oderic Darkstar were serving in King Robb's army when the Red wedding massacre happened, they barely escaped with their lives when Bolton soldiers turned on them in the midst of battle with the Lannisters. Fleeing North they pulled together a force of Northmen soldiers still loyal to House Stark and began to harry the Ironmen and Bolton troops in the region from an old fortress called "the Spire" in the Western part of the North. Now proclaiming himself a Lord, Otto Darkstar sent his son in a ruse to bend the knee to House Bolton, now Warden of the North. Otto sends his son with one mission: destroy the twins while King Stannis marches on Winterfell and kill everyone inside to avenge King Robb once and for all. Should this be completed Otto will most likely send his son Oderic to find Bran and Rickon Stark and return them to Winterfell and then will wreak revenge on House Bolton for their treachery.
    Last edited by Son of Mars; May 04, 2012 at 06:17 AM.

lacostet12's Avatar Foederatus

House Canford
    Known for their vast knowledge, university, wisdom and their cunning military tactics.
    Their main weakness however is that they are often naive and trust people to easily.
    They supported the beloved King Joffrey during the war of the five kings.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mars View Post
    Spoilers in this post!!!!

House Darkstar
    Allegiance: House Stark
    Title: Lord Protectors of the King in the North
    Ser Otto Darkstar, and his son Oderic Darkstar were serving in King Robb's army when the Red wedding massacre happened, they barely escaped with their lives when Bolton soldiers turned on them in the midst of battle with the Lannisters. Fleeing North they pulled together a force of Northmen soldiers still loyal to House Stark and began to harry the Ironmen and Bolton troops in the region from an old fortress called "the Spire" in the Western part of the North. Now proclaiming himself a Lord, Otto Darkstar sent his son in a ruse to bend the knee to House Bolton, now Warden of the North. Otto sends his son with one mission: destroy the twins while King Stannis marches on Winterfell and kill everyone inside to avenge King Robb once and for all. Should this be completed Otto will most likely send his son Oderic to find Bran and Rickon Stark and return them to Winterfell and then will wreak revenge on House Bolton for their treachery.
    Nice But you'll probably want to spoiler bits of that post

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

House Faulk

"To the Last"

House Faulk is a small house even for the Mountain Clans but is independent from any of the local houses but history binds them tightly to the Starks and many of their sons have fought as men-at-arms in the Stark armies in the past. Three generations died in defence of William Stark against Raymun Redbeard and his men. Afterwards the house was rewarded by Lord Artos with their Words, "To the Last".

The Faulk, in the style of the mountain clans, known as Lord Faulk in Winterfell, marched with Robb south of the Neck with his two eldest sons. The youngest he left behind in charge of the fort.

He sent his eldest Thomas to command the majority of his forces, the infantry, under Roose Bolton where he along with many others died at the hands of Tywin Lannister. Faulk was struck by an arrow from a friendly archer during the battle of the Whispering Wood. His other son, Iain, was badly injured during the Red Wedding and is being held hostage in the Twins.

Meanwhile after the events in the South, the youngest son, Padraic Faulk, hearing of the tragedies and the betrayal of House Stark by Bolton has declared himself independent, though with most of his manpower gone South he is in a tenuous position, his remote position however begs the question whether Bolton has even noticed this or would even care. He is however training the younger men of the clan to start raiding the lands of Bolton since he blames him directly for the death of his brothers, both through incompetence in battle and outright treachery for the Red Wedding where he believes in error that his other brother died.

The original CoA was a simple argent (silver - peace) sword (Justice) bend (at an angle - Defence) on gules(red - Military Strength). Roughly translates to a defender of peace and justice through military strength.

When Padraic declared independence he changed the CoA, adding a small silver star to represent the fact that he was the third son and also a black border in sable to represent the mourning for his family.
    Last edited by smoesville; May 04, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

HOUSE RAMWAY

Originally a cavalryman in service to House Bracken, the current Lord Ramway along with his whole house can trace their lineage to Stevron Rivers, a man who lived during the days of the Blackfyre Rebellions. Baseborn to a lesser member of House Bracken, Stevron Rivers nevertheless shared a common bond and a strong loyalty to Aegor Rivers, a Great Bastard of Aegon IV, forever remembered to the realm has Bittersteel. Shunned on the basis of death by his father, and growing up a bastard of the lowest order, (his mother was a brothel wrench), Stevron looked up to his older kin and found a father, and a brother in Bittersteel. Bittersteel was everything Stevron had wanted. Aegor Rivers lived a life other baseborn would consider to be paradise. Being the son of a Targaryen King, Bittersteel was welcomed with open arms to House Bracken and treated like their own. And it was through him that Stevron Rivers had gain the ideas of chivalry and loyalty.

Thus Bittersteel took Stevron under his wing, and may him his personal squire, and not before long was knighted by Bittersteel himself. As time went on, through his friendship with Bittersteel Stevron learned about the names of the other Great Bastards of Aegon IV. In particular was that of Brynden Rivers, the one known through history has Bloodraven. Bittersteel and Bloodraven feuded over the love of Shiera Seastar (another baseborn of Aegon IV), and much of his cousin's hatred spilled over to Stevron whenever Bloodraven and his cousin were in one place. Undoubtedly Stevron Rivers would've taken Bittersteel side had it not been for Jeyne Rivers, a baseborn to a member of House Blackwood, kin to Bloodraven, and the woman who stole Stevron's heart. The attraction was mutual, and although it was dangerous, the two decided to engage in a secret relationship. In one meeting (during the backdrop of a tourney), overcome by desire for one another the two made love unknowingly upon a patch of poison ivy. When both returned to their kin, it was clear what was done. Enraged, Bittersteel forbid Stevron from ever seeing her again. When Stevron refused, claiming that he was no longer a squire to be led around, Bittersteel smashed a gauntlet hand so hard until Stevron's face the bruise marked half of it. Bittersteel rode off forfeiting the tourney. Not long after Daemon Blackfyre raised his banners in rebellion.

Wanting to restore the friendship he once had to Bittersteel, while at the same time wanting to keep safe the woman he loved, Stevron vowed to Jeyne that he would not fight Bloodraven or members of his Raven's Teeth (which Jeyne Rivers was apart of), while she did the same. Serving has a cavalryman during the early days of the rebellion, Bittersteel reconciled with him after seeing him charging in secret next to him during a battle. Watching his valor and loyalty to him, Bittersteel knighted him after a victory. Informed of the pact made by Jeyne and Stevron, Bittersteel in his words said, "I will honor it like it were my own." That said, Bittersteel and Stevron marched with Daemon Blackfyre to a lone field that would be immortalized in Westeros.

The fighting was fierce, red dragon and black dragon alike spilled their blood for the future of the Iron Throne. The Houses of Bracken, Reyne, Sunderland and many others fought the supporters of Daeron II in a battle whose size was unseen since Aegon the Conqueror and his Field of Fire. The day was won until Bloodraven came, a storm of arrows took to the sky, piercing Daemon Blackfyre and his sons. Their claimant gone, the supporters of the Rebellion broke open. Desperately, Bittersteel and Stevron rallied has much forces has they could and led a counter charge. Drunk from battle, Stevron cut and run down scores of men at it was wake, and released too late it was Bloodraven's position. His head twisted and he saw Bittersteel bring his sword clashing down onto Jeyne's face. The thought cut into Stevron's mind has he watched his beloved's body twitch and the blood come flooding out of her. Jeyne had the chance to shoot Bittersteel down but didn't. She had refused to move away from Bittersteel when he rode for Bloodraven. She was protecting him. And honoring their vow. She loved Stevron that much.

The rest of Stevron Rivers' life is written in history.

Through Stevron Rivers' line his children would linger on has cavalryman in service to House Bracken throughout the years. The Brackens along with other houses were absolved of their traitorous actions by Daeron II (much to the fury of Bloodraven and House Blackwood), in a effort to rebuild the realm after the Blackfyre Rebellions. It would've been ironic, if Daeron II could have lived to seen House Bracken raise their banners along with their liege lord House Tully to the cause of Robert Baratheon and his Rebellion. The current lord of House Ramway had been baseborn himself, has all children of bastards would be considered. But unlike regular bastards, Stevron's children carried with them the teachings of chivalry nurtured by Stevron himself, and although he died before having a chance to knight his son, his children had always carried themselves in the manner of knights.

Fighting with Robert through Summerhall, and the Battle of the Bells, the current Lord Ramway won fame and fortune on the river Trident, where he rallied the Bracken cavalry and led a charge into the lines of House Darry and Mooton, both houses of the Riverlands which remained loyal to the Throne. Although less famous then Lyn Corbray's charge into Dornish lines, the action was enough for a grateful Robert to knight and legitimized Lord Ramway. Jealous that a former baseborn had rallied his men while he could not, Jonos Bracken refused to let Ramway into his house. Thus the name "Ramway" was born, taken by Lord Ramway to commemorate his charge.

The House's seat of power is Ramway Keep, a new keep constructed after Robert's Rebellion along the edge of the River Trident. A joke of a Keep by some, the keep is home to 500 men at arms in service to House Ramway (100 of which are horse) all formed from many soldiers and farmers left without homes after the wake of Robert's Rebellion. The keep encompasses a small village within it's confines like the Stark stronghold of Winterfell, but it's size is much like Brightwater Keep of the Reach and Heart's Home of the Vale.

The current heir to House Ramway is Jason Ramway, a child of 14 whose squired for Jason Mallister, his grandfather. Members include Lord Ramway's daughter Kayla Ramway, and his younger son of 6, Stevron Ramway. The Ramways are a sworn house to House Tully, and an ally to House Blackwood, an action which inflames Jonos and House Bracken. Besides Jonos Bracken, Lord Ramway also has a heated feud with Lyn Corbray, the latter bolstering that his charge is the only one which would be remembered.

The sigil of the house is a red unicorn (a marker of bracken lineage has well has a commemoration of the charge, has symbolized by the horn) trampling upon a rippling field of red and black (the colors of House Targaryen). The symbol is considered grandiose by some and often mocked so, due to Lord Ramway's baseborn birth. Ramways in particular are hot blooded when mocked about their words, "Leading the Charge". The mocking has died down, after Lord Ramway leads charges himself after the War of the Five Kings broke out. He led charges alongside the likes of the Young Wolf and Blackfish during the battles of the Camps and Oxcross. After taking an arrow to the knee during the storming of the Crag, Lord Ramway retired to Ramway Keep to recover when the Red Wedding broke out. His forces, though small from the beginning, were still of full strength after Riverrun was yield by Edmure Tully. His heir Jason was captured along with his grandfather Jason Mallister, and held has hostage. The action had numbed House Ramway into surrender, although words of revolt are whispered quietly along the halls of Ramway Keep. The Ramways after all, had always been linked to rebellions.

Members of the house are renowned for their perfect white teeth.

Last edited by Trivmphator; May 04, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

House Chesney of Simmonscourt.

The founder of House Chesney was originally a knight from The Reach sent by the Gardeners to find and kill the exiled Manderly lords. Instead, the knight built a keep on a lake in the northwestern Riverlands and established trade and contact with the Manderlys. Due to the location of Simmonscourt near the shore of The Bite, the Chesneys remain one of White Harbor's most important trading partners. Chesney lands are often referred to as "The Lakes." Geese and ducks are among the most prominent traded goods, as well as timber and fresh water fish. The Chesney sigil is two brown geese swimming on a blue lake. House Chesney is sworn to House Tully.

Recent history - Spoilers

After the death of his father, Lord Jack inherited the lands and titles of House Chesney. Lord Jack was slightly older than Robb Stark at the start of the War of the Five Kings. As The Lakes command very little military strength, Lord Jack (himself having never been knighted) offered to assist Bran Stark in the governance of The North while King Robb warred in the Westerlands. In light of the close historical relationship, Jack used his new political influence to advance the interests of House Manderly. Jack was a primary engineer of the unsuccessful attempt to kill Ramsey Snow after his capture of Hornwood. However, the Ironborn invasion setback the Chesney and Manderly plotting. Lord Jack was in White Harbor when news of the Red Wedding arrived. Desperate to retain his lands, he immediately sailed to King's Landing to pledge fealty to the Iron Throne. Jack was pleased to discover Tywin Lannister's willingness to accept the Riverlords into the King's peace. Charming, eloquent and courteous, Lord Jack was quite successful at winning over the royal court. Jack became the de facto royal advisor on the Riverlands and through correspondence helped persuade the remaining Riverlords to bend the knee to King Tommen. As the most prominent Riverlord in King's Landing, Lord Jack was eventually granted an at-large seat on the Small Council. His influence on court matters ever growing, Jack entered an adulterous affair with Margaery Tyrell. Tyrell bannermen soon became suspicious of Lord Jack's influence. The lords of the Reach were displeased with the possibility that their liege lords had grown partial to an outside family. Upon Queen Margaery's arrest for infidelity, Lord Tarly became outraged and offered a price for Jack Chesney's head. His credibility in King's Landing destroyed, Lord Jack became fearful for his life. Jack and his personal guard fled the city in the dead of night and traveled north, hoping to find refuge in White Harbor and planning to pledge fealty to King Stannis.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast