Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bayonets

Default Re: Bayonets

THX,guys

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Absolutly brilliant mod + rep to all. Why couldn’t CA do this?

its jusy AWESOME!!!

Great! Many Thanks!

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    CA has a much higher standard for their product than this.
    No they don't. Stop blatantly insulting members with nonsense.

If they had higher standards Mongol Invasion would have had an actual strategy map play for the Mongols, rather than just adding extra sprites, Viking Invasion wouldn't have had the decal limit and had new sprites for bodies, Rome would have had at least some semblance of CAI and not masses of peasant armies, Barbarian Invasion wouldn't have been left with missing textures, units with split faces, and artifacts around sheild models, Med 2 would have been embuggered by the very same issues Rome had, Empire...well even CA staff had admitted what a travesty that was, Napoleon wouldn't have been just a modded resold Empire, the Blood Pack would be working for S2, Graphics wouldn't have been destroyed for S2, and finally FotS wouldn't be this constantly patched/hotfixed game-ending cashcow.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Add bayonets everywhere!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    No they don't. Stop blatantly insulting members with nonsense.

If they had higher standards Mongol Invasion would have had an actual strategy map play for the Mongols, rather than just adding extra sprites, Viking Invasion wouldn't have had the decal limit and had new sprites for bodies, Rome would have had at least some semblance of CAI and not masses of peasant armies, Barbarian Invasion wouldn't have been left with missing textures, units with split faces, and artifacts around sheild models, Med 2 would have been embuggered by the very same issues Rome had, Empire...well even CA staff had admitted what a travesty that was, Napoleon wouldn't have been just a modded resold Empire, the Blood Pack would be working for S2, Graphics wouldn't have been destroyed for S2, and finally FotS wouldn't be this constantly patched/hotfixed game-ending cashcow.
    There is not a game ever made fully free of bugs and people left wanting for something more. Doesnt meam that the developing companies do not have a high standard for their product. As wel las has been said many many times Total war games are incredibly hard to make and even more so to perfect,thus the utter absence of any competition for them,or even something in the same league. Says to me no other company is willing to undertake such a massive endeavor as providing the manner of gameplay and experience ca has attempted to deliver.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

I don't think bayonets should be added to all rifle units. The ones that in my opinion should have bayonets are:

Imperial / Shogunate Infantry, which I see as the standard unit of any modern FotS army

Imperial / Shogunate Guard Infantry, because they are the elite and should have the best equipment

French, American and British Marines, as the bayonet was a standard in Western armies

Levy Infantry should not have it as they are militia.

Line Infantry (the standard one) shouldn't have bayonets as I think of them as a third-class reserves who wouldn't get all equipment.

All faction specific line infantry should get it, but some of them might be more fitting if they have katanas.

Is there a way to implement into the Modern Army tech to enable bayonets when you research it? That would be cool.
    Last edited by Jokern; May 01, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Accidental double post, delete this.
    Last edited by Jokern; May 01, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    There is not a game ever made fully free of bugs and people left wanting for something more. Doesnt meam that the developing companies do not have a high standard for their product. As wel las has been said many many times Total war games are incredibly hard to make and even more so to perfect,thus the utter absence of any competition for them,or even something in the same league. Says to me no other company is willing to undertake such a massive endeavor as providing the manner of gameplay and experience ca has attempted to deliver.
    Please save us from this CA propaganda. Clearly, you have not played any games other than the latest. (at least it sounds like it) Each week a new update to fix errors comes for shogun 2. And that does not sound like a finalized product to me or a "high standart". The only good thing is that this time they actually do fix bugs unlike in previous games.

The "classic desync error" was first presented in EMPIRE (i know it was just a mp beta) and here we see it again. I bet the next tw game will have it too. (*trollface*) Unfinished models, unfinished animations the list goes on... Money talks

And yes, i still play tw games because i still belive they some point actually start to hear what people have to say.

I rest my case.
    Last edited by Sandels; May 01, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typos, because my english is bad

This is amazing, I love you modders. Thank you so much for improving the game for all of us

Would it be possible to have it for Line/Shogunate/imperial infantry as well? I'd love that so much :>
    Last edited by Felixlynch777; May 01, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

bayonets for line infantry! Cmon, IGdood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandels View Post
    Please save us from this CA propaganda. Clearly, you have not played any games other than the latest. (at least it sounds like it) Each week a new update to fix errors comes for shogun 2. And that does not sound like a finalized product to me or a "high standart". The only good thing is that this time they actually do fix bugs unlike in previous games.

The "classic desync error" was first presented in EMPIRE (i know it was just a mp beta) and here we see it again. I bet the next tw game will have it too. (*trollface*) Unfinished models, unfinished animations the list goes on... Money talks

And yes, i still play tw games because i still belive they some point actually start to hear what people have to say.

I rest my case.
    So just curious....what is this miracle development house that you are all benchmarking CA against??? you know..the one that never patches after they go gold even though they have completely defined a genre on their own????I will save you all from CA propaganda as you call it as soon as you all save me from baseless and uninformed,completely biased comments. Or as soon as you point out a dev company that does none of the things that everyone rallies against CA for. Sorry if i choose to cut a company a little slack for errors when they are literally doing something that NO ONE else in the industry has even attempted to do yet
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; May 01, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Can you pass this mod onto darth or radious so they can put it in there mod and do a installer.

Outstanding lGood! + REP big time thanks for your perseverenve and Kungfusergre's cleverness.

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post
    Here is the .pack file with Napoleon Weapons & Bayonets that worked with Fall of the Samurai (my message)!
    Just put inside your Data folder!

Maybe you could use the Weapon names from Napoleon Total War to enable the weapons?
    Thanks to you as well SGB! +REP

Can we get a .pack that also includes line inf and western units...i'm sending kung a cake in the mail for this! lol

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

could you post the final file on the first post, because there are like 7 and i dont know what are they about

I'd have to agree strongly with Cpt.Wsq96!
    Whenever I play the line infantry generally aren't too important and I just end up replacing levies with Imperial troops!
    Although I'd say the White tigers and Azure dragon force etc... shouldn't have bayonets? I've no idea if its historically accurate but I think it'd give a very traditional vs modern battle feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mullen18 View Post
    I'd have to agree strongly with Cpt.Wsq96!
    Whenever I play the line infantry generally aren't too important and I just end up replacing levies with Imperial troops!
    Although I'd say the White tigers and Azure dragon force etc... shouldn't have bayonets? I've no idea if its historically accurate but I think it'd give a very traditional vs modern battle feel?
    The Byakkotai(White Tigers) carried swords into battle throughout their active service,being the sons of Samurai . The Azure dragon and Vermillion birds are a possibility,being the better equipped as they were formed upon a French doctrine and were intended to be front line fighters,where as the Byakkotai were initially inteded as a reserve unit only,being comprised of able men,but only 16 to 17. So yeah, No bayonets for the Tigers but the others can be free game.
    I will leave it to master IG's judgement at the end of the day

Okay, updated the bayonet mod.

Give all the infantry (except levies and white tigers , who are part of the levy class) bayonets.