Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [Decision]Custom User Title for all Members

Default Re: [Decision]Custom User Title for all Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I wish to disagree again with that assumption of 'no work increase'. Potential 7 to 8 fold increase isn't exactly 'no hassle'. And that is probably a low estimate, considering the length some members go to be borderline rule breaking with signatures and avatars already.

I'm not arguing with you my friend, I don't know as I'm not a Moderator , I have just stated what Bolk said and he is a Moderator so I figured that he knows for a fact. I replied to Noble Lord because I know that Bolk won't be online very much untill next monday.
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Moderator: The most wide range impact on the site as a whole, I strongly agree here

Magistrate: Does touch a part but only the infraction part IMO so for me it's similiar to Curator and or CdeC in a sense and from what I know about it. I will apply next time and after I've tried it I will let you know my feel on it.
    I agree and won't comment any more except to say that Magistrates, along with Tribunes have a great deal of impact on how moderation works, even if it isn't immediately obvious to the average member.

Curator: The Curator position has a bigger take compare to CdeC because he as important duties like giving out badges, assigning/resigning CdeC Members, keeping the Curia dust free by moderating it, making sure the reports and stats are done, support CdeC Councillors and more so for me, IMO, Curator is from what I know of it more important to Magistrate.

CdeC: CdeC Councillors are probably a tad less important in a way that they don't moderate and such like the Curator but nevertheless they are still and will be needed untill and if the Curia cease existing. They are the judges, the screeners for potential Citizen but not only that, potential Moderator's, Curator, Magistrates also.
    Again as I've said a couple of time these are only relevant if you care for the curia, with the sole exception of giving badges as part of allowing members into one of the citizen groups or the CdeC group.

Conclusion: So for me these are all good things which makes this site great and interesting for all types of people, with different views, objectives, talents.... (we are all different) In the end I think we are both right we just don't see it in the same way.
    They might make the site great and interesting, I'm not arguing that we should abolish the curia after all, but they are irrelevant to vast majority of members and even the vast majority of citizens. So to take away one of the only privileges of citizenship that the average member has shown any sort of interest in, is not a good move to make to try and keep citizenship relevant and a goal to achieve for members at large.

Regards and thanks for this nice discussion

SA
    I always enjoy a good discussion.
    Last edited by Squid; May 04, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    They might make the site great and interesting, I'm not arguing that we should abolish the curia after all, but they are irrelevant to vast majority of members and even the vast majority of citizens. So to take away one of the only privileges of citizenship that the average member has shown any sort of interest in, is not a good move to make to try and keep citizenship relevant and a goal to achieve for members at large.
    Excellent point, by allowing this proposal to be adopted, we are cheapening Citizenship and putting it down to the level of being not so important! And it would encourage promotion of some people who could be considered to be "kings of one-liners", you know what I am talking about.

Even under current system we have people who are clearly one-liners and they made it to the Curia, and I can only imagine what would happen if system iz changed and one of the privileges that you can only enjoy as a Citizen is taken away and popularized and given to the masses, it immediately makes thing cheaper and some aspects of TWC would appear to be not so important and irrelevant! That should NOT happen, under no circumstance!!

Next proposal we can except is that all members can get badges or anybody can be a Citizen after only making few posts or something similar, we can't allow that form happening! It defeats the purpose of being a TWC member, coming here regularly, making constructive and meaningful posts, contributing to the site in many ways, helping others (members), etc.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Can we put this to a vote? Most people seem to have made their minds up and are entrenched enough for persuasion to be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; May 07, 2012 at 03:01 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Aikanįr's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Can we put this to a vote? Most people seem to have made their minds up and are entrenched enough for persuasion to be a waste of time.
    Depends on the proposer asking for it.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

I think the proposer needs to ask that and only him

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

This should either be brought to vote or abandoned. Looking at the TD thread and the Curial Commentary thread, this proposal is creating a lot of unnecessary division and bad blood between citizens and the rest of the site. The longer we debate the worse it will become. (Fruitless debate too, as it's already been said it seems like everyone has already made up their mind.)
    Last edited by StealthFox; May 07, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

A proposal can only be moved to vote after at least three days of discussion with three supporters and the original proposer asking the Curator to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    A proposal can only be moved to vote after at least three days of discussion with three supporters and the original proposer asking the Curator to do so.
    The two first things you mentioned are already done and the supporters list is greater than what is posted in the OP. The only thing missing is Bolk asking you to move this to vote

I forget, was my job to move these Legio? If not, please move it. If so, I'll do it.

Sorry I've just been away and distracted by some real-life situations recently.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Content Emeritus

I'd rather you posted a request to move it to vote so that there is a record.

Content Emeritus

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567