Page 3 of 249 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

-The recent craze of supernatural fantasy. I don't have anything against the supernatural fantasy genre,but I don't like the way they did it,by making everything a love story. I heard there making a zombie romance novel.
    -The idea that you can make a movie out of anything. The Transformers series,Mirror Mirror,The Raven. Stop ruining things I like Hollywood!
    -The fact that there are advertisements everywhere. Before the DVD,in my novel,half the pages in the magazines. I don't want any of it.
    -The fact that news websites are so boring,I just skip to read people's comments and opinions,because there always more interesting.
    -Tiger parenting.
    -People who complain about everything in the media and entertainment industries as "immoral" or "unholy." Don't watch it then! The same thing for people who complain about art. Art and entertainment is not meant to have limits,but instead show the world and life in whatever way possible.
    -To go with the last two,parents who want to ban certain books. No...just no.
    -Toddlers & Tiaras.
    -TLC. It is so far from being the Learning Channel anymore.
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; April 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Mag Shamhráin View Post
    Strangers who complain about me smoking when we're outside.

If you don't like smoke, don't stand right next to me. It's really not that hard. ing whiners.
    Agree.

Seriously, just move the away, I'm trying to enjoying myself.

I hate when the students in my school block the stairway because they're talking.

ing move for piss sake, the rest of school are trying to get though, gob forbid we interrupter your ing casual talk/drama crap.
    People who are proud of there ethnicity.
    Why?

Unless, you're talking about the EXTREME type.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raa View Post
    -People who brag about their ethnicity. Ex "Well I'm Russian(Kazakh, the Soviet Union has not fallen in their mind yet) Italian, Irish..."

-People who are proud of there ethnicity.
    Yeah i only just noticed this. What's wrong with being proud of your ethnicity?
    I consider my mix of Scottish and Irish a source of great pride and i come from a tradition highland military family on one side and a traditional southern and western Irish family on the other.

If people weren't proud about their nationality and/or ethnicity then traditions would die off and it's already happening now where people care so little and eventually it's going to result in society breaking down or something... yes i exaggerated then

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cadance View Post
    -People who complain about everything in the media and entertainment industries as "immoral" or "unholy." Don't watch it then! The same thing for people who complain about art. Art and entertainment is not meant to have limits,but instead show the world and life in whatever way possible.
    -To go with the last two,parents who want to ban certain books. No...just no.
    -The recent craze of supernatural fantasy. I don't have anything against the supernatural fantasy genre,but I don't like the way they did it,by making everything a love story. I heard there making a zombie romance novel.
    -The idea that you can make a movie out of anything. The Transformers series,Mirror Mirror,The Raven. Stop ruining things I like Hollywood!
    Graffiti and graffiti "artists." Especially those who do so in public restrooms and you can't help but read there curses and look at there crudely drawn pictures of human body parts on the door,while using the restroom.

I hate when people contradict themselves.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mag Shamhráin View Post
    I hate when people contradict themselves.
    You are right on the one about media and entertainment industries, but not on the other one. Grafitti isn't art, it's just a signature of the douche, who made it.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Graffiti can be incredibly good looking, in big cities like Paris I've seen very cool graffiti.

How did I contradict myself? I said that I don't like people who complain about the "morality" of the media. I'm complaining about not liking the supernatural fantasy genre,because I don't like the way it's being done artistically,by basically making everything a teenage romance. I don't think it's "immoral",I just don't like it. And I don't consider the graffiti in a public restroom art per say.
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; May 01, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

I would call that vandalism not graffiti. I'm talking aboutt he stuff you see on buildings or besides motorways.

Well technically graffiti is any words or images illegally placed somewhere. Though there is graffiti which is actually attractive,then there's scracthings of curse words and crudely drawn body parts on a bathroom stall with a knife.

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNelson666 View Post

Unless, you're talking about the EXTREME type.

Pride is something you earn from what you have done, it's not giving to you at birth.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

You can be raised to have pride in your nation for example...

Pride is something you earn from what you have done, it's not giving to you at birth.
    I don't entirely agree, I'm proud of who my grand and great grand parents were, the only thing I will contribute to my ethnic heritage is the retelling of their story to my children.

But, I would agree with you as far as the kind of idiots who think being Irish is all about wearing green and drinking beer, who think speaking Irish is to talk in funny English accent.

Or the Jersey Shore types who call themselves "Italian" but can't speak it, or who get upset if someone calls them "white" because they have an identity crisis and know nothing about their cultural origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I don't entirely agree, I'm proud of who my grand and great grand parents were, the only thing I will contribute to my ethnic heritage is the retelling of their story to my children.

But, I would agree with you as far as the kind of idiots who think being Irish is all about wearing green and drinking beer, who think speaking Irish is to talk in funny English accent.

Or the Jersey Shore types who call themselves "Italian" but can't speak it, or who get upset if someone calls them "white" because they have an identity crisis and know nothing about their cultural origins.
    Language
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'll let George Carlin explain what I mean. Some people take their ethic pride to the level of "I am superior to you", that's what I hate, when you make it into a big deal.
    Last edited by Saint Nicholas; May 06, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I love George Carlin but this is one subject i disagree on.

If it wasn't for pride of your nationality then countries such as Ireland would still be under occupation. Nobody would have felt the drive or need to stand up for their country and their people.
    I think the problem with the west these days is nobody is proud of where they're from (and i don't count football hooligans who paint their nations flag on their face and go around swearing at foreigners as being proud of your country) or where their family is from anymore and that's why we have people who spend their entire lives trying to scam money out of the government and get by doing as little for their country as possible.
    If everybody was brought up to have genuine pride in their nationality, maybe we'd be much better off.

What terrifies me is knowing how things are in the US and in Britain for example, if some foreign power DID invade... these countries would just collapse because nobody cares enough to actually do something about it.

I understand why some people might frown on national/ethnic pride because of the negative examples we have these days from the morons who do consider it to be walking around shouting it and being ridiculous but that is NOT what national pride is. That's all talk, these people wouldn't do a THING if their people were genuinely under threat.

Yeah I see what he means, but you see more of that kind of thing elsewhere (Balkans threads come to mind) than I think you do in general in America, most of us in America are happy to be "such and such" and wouldn't know the first reason why other than to celebrate it or put a bumber sticker on our car.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

I'll let George Carlin explain what I mean. Some people take their ethic pride to the level of "I am superior to you", that's what I hate, when you make it into a big deal.
    I know what you mean, I agree.

However, it was just your previous post I was bother with.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Add reality Tv that features nothing more than drama queens doing nothing other than sitting around talking trash about each other and crying about how bad they have it : Real Housewives, Jersey Shore, Hollywood House wives/husbands, Jerseylicious and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Add reality Tv that features nothing more than drama queens doing nothing other than sitting around talking trash about each other and crying about how bad they have it : Real Housewives, Jersey Shore, Hollywood House wives/husbands, Jerseylicious and so on...

Have you seen Mob Wives? By far the worst show ever created.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

So basically everything on Bravo and MTV? Which is also everything my mom watches.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

1. People who won't watch something because it is in black and white.
    2. People who say England when referring to the entire UK.
    3. People who have never played Ocarina of Time.
    4. Humanity itself.
    5. College sports