Page 10 of 249 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

People, who when upon losing an argument due to a point you just bought up will say: "Well I don't know anything about that." And expect you to take their admittance of ignorance as a reason to forfeit your point.
    I'd say that's a bit better than the standard "you clearly don't know *jack* about what you're talking about" at least your winning with the former.

Sometimes when I think about the sheer stupidity of the human race I could rip my hair out.
    Best not, it may end up falling out eventually and then you'll wonder why you ripped it out ahead of time.

-My friends. And this will be emotional and mushy, so look away now! It strikes me as absolutely amazing how awesome these people are, and it baffles me what they're doing wasting their time with me.
    Well if it makes you feel any better I think you're pretty awesome man

Did I already mention cyclists on the side walk?

I just remembered that someone called me "inkie pinkie" once. I mean what the , inkie pinkie??

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Knight_of_Ni's Avatar Centenarius
    Wouldn't YOU like to know? No, really, I'm lonely.

Someone at my job said they would participate in a threesome if one person just sat in the corner and touched themself. Yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    ...Though I'm still trying to figure out how a show that dives down into the subjects of genocide and racism ... landed next to Spongebob.

Back to merging on the freeway, people who go 45 mph on the entrance ramp into traffic that is clearly going 20 mph faster who stay in their lane with their signal on even though you've reduced your speed to allow them space to merge, yet they continue to stay in their lane with the signal on because they are unable to grasp the concept of acceleration.

Pseudo-intellectual late teens who think up all of these strange ideas like "don't allow stupid people to have kids" or a personal favourite of mine "only let smart people vote".

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Other people. Seriously. I find it difficult sometimes to fully comprehend that the person opposite to me that I'm speaking to is a full, living, breathing person as vast in personality and consciousness as I am, living a whole life totally unrelated to mine with a full set of relations equal to, if not greater than mine.

It sounds quite narcissistic and psychopathic now that I read it but I genuinely feel like that sometimes. I don't mean it as though I don't value their lives or anything, the sheer vastness of the human experience just overwhelms me sometimes.
    Last edited by Gatsby; May 25, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Indefinitely Banned

-People who think making racist implications is a good way to criticize immigration policies.
    -People who are driving the society towards complete political correctness (which probably leads to situations, where an outsider can criticize everything in you, your culture and your society, yet you have to adore and respect everything in him and his culture)

Quote Originally Posted by cpreston5 View Post
    Other people. Seriously. I find it difficult sometimes to fully comprehend that the person opposite to me that I'm speaking is a full, living, breathing person as vast in personality and consciousness as I am, living a whole life totally unrelated to mine with a full set of relations equal to, if not greater than mine.

It sounds quite narcissistic and psychopathic now that I read it but I genuinely feel like that sometimes. I don't mean it as though I don't value their lives or anything, the sheer vastness of the human experience just overwhelms me sometimes.

For a second there I thought this was a troll

I hear ya, and isn't it so much easier to get along with people over the Internet like on TWC? They don't stink, or stay over at your house too long, you can log off and talk to them whenever you decide to log in again. They won't call you when you're trying to eat or when they want something, they won't show up in the middle of the night when you've got to work in the morning...

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    For a second there I thought this was a troll

I hear ya, and isn't it so much easier to get along with people over the Internet like on TWC? They don't stink, or stay over at your house too long, you can log off and talk to them whenever you decide to log in again. They won't call you when you're trying to eat or when they want something, they won't show up in the middle of the night when you've got to work in the morning...
    There's a wonderful optionality with TWC, it's very similar to text messaging. In a face to face conversation or phone-call there's always awkward silences and disengaging can be very difficult even when both parties have no wish to continue the conversation.

With textual communication you take as long as you like and you don't expect an immediate response, and ultimately it makes for an easier, higher quality conversation.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think that the internet is only just starting to be accepted by the majority of the public now. I remember, even when i was 18, it was considered weird to be "friends" with somebody on the internet and it was even weirder if you meet a girl on the internet but the way i see it is it gives you a real window into a persons true personality, with insecurities and so on not getting in the way.
    If you can get on with someone on the internet, there's a pretty good chance you'd get on in real life too.

Something that makes me go WTF.
    I'm going to a gig tomorrow and i know for a fact that there will be 14-17 year old girls wearing a shirt they just bought from the bandmerch guy (usually too big) jumping around and screaming at the band.
    HOW CAN YOU ENJOY MUSIC WHEN YOU'RE SCREAMING OVER IT?!

A few years ago, i went to Slam Dunk fest and it goes on for the whole day and the day was coming to an end and i was getting cranky and this girl who fits the above description was infront of me and she had sweaty greasy hair and was fat and she's jumping about and knocking my pint... never wanted to hit a girl so much in my life. The stage was on a second floor too and the floor was moving she was that fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I think that the internet is only just starting to be accepted by the majority of the public now.
    Just look at facebook, you'll find all the tools who never took computer class back pre-millenium. When everyone and their grandmother is "online" you know it's mainstream. The only option now is to hit standby on your modem.

I remember, even when i was 18, it was considered weird to be "friends" with somebody on the internet and it was even weirder if you meet a girl on the internet but the way i see it is it gives you a real window into a persons true personality, with insecurities and so on not getting in the way.
    If you can get on with someone on the internet, there's a pretty good chance you'd get on in real life too.

It's a big "I told you so" going on right now about the Internet. Don't be fooled by it though, the net makes it easier for EVERYONE to put up a false identity.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Just look at facebook, you'll find all the tools who never took computer class back pre-millenium. When everyone and their grandmother is "online" you know it's mainstream. The only option now is to hit standby on your modem.

It's a big "I told you so" going on right now about the Internet. Don't be fooled by it though, the net makes it easier for EVERYONE to put up a false identity.
    Oh yeah, i get it's easier to be fake aswell but i mean, in the case when someone isn't being fake... it's much easier to get to know their real personality.

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

A gaming site with the complexity and rules that this one has

It's just a natural progression of the God-complex Total War fans have.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

-People that watch Eurovison
    -Jedward

Oh yeah, i get it's easier to be fake aswell but i mean, in the case when someone isn't being fake... it's much easier to get to know their real personality.
    You know, I don't know. You can reveal about as much as you want on the Internet. You might share some personal secrets or interests or day to day things going on, but until you meet them face to face and see how they react to you as well as to you around others I don't know that you can really say you've learned their personality, maybe their virtualality.

ween i lost my dad and my two grand fathers in a less of a year

that's rough for sure, but you're stronger for it.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

-Youtube comments in general.

Friend was deployed to UAE and some rich local arab invited a bunch of people to tour his house. He has leopards just walking around inside of his house. That is a WTF in itsself. He also was into Nascar that year so he built a circle track in his compound and paid some nascar drivers to race there. Also jumped on the douchy chrome plated supercar bandwagon that seems to crop up with the absurb rich lately.

I want rich arab oil shiek money. Don't care if i'm muslim living in Arabia and can't blaspheme god or i will be beheaded.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.