Thread: Scripting a unit to change to another EDU entry based on experience level

Reiksfart's Avatar Princeps

Default Scripting a unit to change to another EDU entry based on experience level

Has anything like this been tried before, or is it even possible?

FortressofRain's Avatar Shisai

Default Re: Scripting a unit to change to another EDU entry based on experience level

I know you can make a script to destroy one unit and spawn another unit at the same location, such as with the Kalmirr Union event/emerging faction. I suppose you could script to destroy one unit when it reaches a certain experience lvl, and then script a different unit to spawn at some location. As far as the EDU is concerned, 2 different entries count as 2 different units and towards the hardcode limit of 500 units. But if you have the space, you can make as many copies of a certain unit as you want and edit the stats to be different for each entry. Then script one unit to be destroyed, and another unit to appear, simulating the unit changing into another. But the problem is that I don't think it is possible to spawn a unit where a specific unit died. I think the best you can do is the nearest city or named character, though I am not certain of this.

However, if you are playing a mod with near or at 500 EDU units, you will have to delete a few to make room for new ones.

KEA's Avatar Hastatus

Default Re: Scripting a unit to change to another EDU entry based on experience level

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Has anything like this been tried before, or is it even possible?
    Not possible. It is not possible to check for the experience level of a unit by script (not even a general's bodyguard), to start with.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar ןןoɹʇ ǝɯ ɹɐǝɥ
    Gaming Staff

It's also not possible to destroy one single unit

Gigantus's Avatar Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!"
    Artifex

Isn't the Marian Reform changing bodyguards? Or did that only apply for new units with bodyguards?

Otherwise it's not possible.

Thread Information