Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two games, one to buy; Crusader Kings II vs. Napoleonic Wars DLC

Default Two games, one to buy; Crusader Kings II vs. Napoleonic Wars DLC

Hello.

I need to choose between two games; CKII and Napoleonic wars, because my parents restrict me buy four(!!!!) games in a year, this time it was the time to choose, but I got eh, a little choosing problem.

I find both games awesome, I love history (Medieval some more then Napoleonistic) and I like both games, I allready know quite some stuff about both games and I own Mount & Blade Warband.

But I can't still really choose so I'd like if some if you guys gave their opinion on both games and could help me out with this problem.

Thans

Xoxoman.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Default Re: Two games, one to buy; Crusader Kings II vs. Napoleonic Wars DLC

You could argue your parents that Napoleonic Wars is not a game, only a mere DLC (and much cheaper than a full game!) and therefor shouldn't count towards your total of 4 games per year

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    You could argue your parents that Napoleonic Wars is not a game, only a mere DLC (and much cheaper than a full game!) and therefor shouldn't count towards your total of 4 games per year
    Thanks for the advice, but I allready tried that.

My parents don't really seem to understand what a DLC is.. Maybe I need to make a PowerPoint presentation for them?

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Then I can't advice you unfortunately, as I enjoy both games immensely and both have a lot of replay value (NW is multiplayer and Paradox strategy games always have a lot of replay value).

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

CK2 is a good game from what iv heard but has a learning curve and also has alot of replay value since its a paradox game

NW is really fun especially if you join a regiment and do large line battles

Just ask yourself if you're more of a singleplayer or multiplayer kind of guy.

I'd say Crusader Kings personally. But I hate muskets and don't care much for multiplayer.

because my parents restrict me buy four(!!!!) games in a year
    ehohel

They wont let you use your money to buy games? Glad my parents were not nazis.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

His money are their moneys.
    Propably.
    "Its a GUNDAM!"
    "Nope. This is Polish Winged Cavalry."

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

That's a harsh situation... and to have it completely independant of price?

Assuming you've enjoyed other Paradox games go for Crusader Kings. It has a LOT of replay value. I've already got 50 hours out of it and i've barely scratched the surface. The other reason is that you can probably mimic some of what the Warband DLC can do by getting mods, since you already own warband.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarissofoi View Post
    His money are their moneys.
    Propably.
    Well if he has no money its time to get a job, lol. If hes under 16 do chores for allowance.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Well if he has no money its time to get a job, lol. If hes under 16 do chores for allowance.
    Thanks for all the replies!

I have the money to buy both, even the money to buy more.

My parents restrict me to getting more then 4 games because they say (Everyday it is something else); I would get addicted to it, I wouldn't study anymore, unfair because I study 2,5 hours (!!!) every day and I have much friends and football 4 times every week.

My preference is somewhat swinging out to Crusader Kings II, the only problem now is.. Paradox makes much DLC's right? I can't buy these DLC's then, so I'm again in a little problem.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

You can run the game without DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Get Crusader Kings . I actually plan to get it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxoman View Post
    Thanks for all the replies!

I have the money to buy both, even the money to buy more.

My parents restrict me to getting more then 4 games because they say (Everyday it is something else); I would get addicted to it, I wouldn't study anymore, unfair because I study 2,5 hours (!!!) every day and I have much friends and football 4 times every week.

My preference is somewhat swinging out to Crusader Kings II, the only problem now is.. Paradox makes much DLC's right? I can't buy these DLC's then, so I'm again in a little problem.
    Buy both..It can be our little secret..

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    Get Crusader Kings . I actually plan to get it soon.

Buy both..It can be our little secret..
    But how, without my parents noticing it?

You know what? Your parents may very well be right and you should probably listen to them. It will serve you better in the long run.

They are completely different.. however i'd say since you love medieval more go for Crusader kings. It will also be more bang for your buck, since napoleonic is only a MP only DLC thing. CK simply has more content to offer.

Hello.

I need to choose between two games; CKII and Napoleonic wars, because my parents restrict me buy four(!!!!) games in a year, this time it was the time to choose, but I got eh, a little choosing problem.

I find both games awesome, I love history (Medieval some more then Napoleonistic) and I like both games, I allready know quite some stuff about both games and I own Mount & Blade Warband.

But I can't still really choose so I'd like if some if you guys gave their opinion on both games and could help me out with this problem.

Thans

Xoxoman.
    I have Crusader Kings 2 and love it, I also have Mount and Blade, and Warband, but I'm not sure if I'll get Napoleonic Wars. It seems quite limited to me, and I'd question it's longevity outside of clans once the novelty wheres off.

That being said, I'd also take into consideration what other types of games you have or are going to get this year. If there's alot of other strategy games you have or want this year, then go for Napoleonic Wars, or vice versa.

Personally I'd choose CK2, it's a full game and it seems like you'd get alot more out of it than a DLC, but it's up to you in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lith View Post
    I have Crusader Kings 2 and love it, I also have Mount and Blade, and Warband, but I'm not sure if I'll get Napoleonic Wars. It seems quite limited to me, and I'd question it's longevity outside of clans once the novelty wheres off.
    People have to feel guilty if they buy NW just for FFA since linebattles with regiments are the main point of the game.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Protector Domesticus

Id say get CKII, its a full game with lots of replay value while NW is a DLC/Mod that even though may be fun is Multiplayer and thus reliant on other players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast