Thread: DM and DMUC installed at the same time?

Libertus

Default DM and DMUC installed at the same time?

I would like to play DMUC for single player, but DM for multiplayer. When I choose DM multiplayer in the launcher it dosn't work - we can't connect to each other, so I guess I have to install DM from scratch. Will that overwrite or disable my ability to play DMUC? Or can I have both DM and DMUC at the same time, and just select which launcer to use, depending on what I want to play?

Tango12345's Avatar VTW Mod Leader
    Content Director Vault Staff Moderator

Default Re: DM and DMUC installed at the same time?

DMUC and DM can be installed at the same time, they do not interfere with each other.
    AWAY UNTIL THE 15th. If you need anything pm me and I'll respond when I get back.
    Modellers wanted for Victoria: Total War, please see here.

Libertus

Thanks, I will install it at once

Libertus

New question. On one the computers I can select campaign in multiplayer, but on the other one I can only select battles. Why and what can I do?

1.Please don't ask the same question in two places-I will notice even if you write it once .

2.On one of the computers? You are running it on two? Try reinstalling.
    Last edited by Tango12345; April 28, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
    AWAY UNTIL THE 15th. If you need anything pm me and I'll respond when I get back.

Libertus

Sorry.. I just really wanted someone to see it But I will refrain from double posting again!

Im running the game on two computers yes, trying to make a multiplayer game with my friend over LAN. tried reinstaling DM, but to no avail. Should I reinstall entire DMUC?

Reinstalling DMUC will make absolutely squit all difference to the multiplayer.

I don't play multiplayer, so I can't help from personal experience. Are you trying to start a multiplayer campaign? Because CA stopped giving out the codes for the MP campaign beta a while ago.

btw, word of warning for the future, double posting the same issue in several places is only just under rants on my to-blast list, so I would strongly advise against it .

Libertus

I have identified the problem, but no sollution. Apparently, my steam account has the code for MP campaign, so whenever I log on with that, I can play multiplayer. But when my friend log on with his, there is no campaign option, which must mean that he dosn't have the code. Now the problem is that I cannot log on with my account on both computers at the same time, so I guess I need a code.

If anyone have a sollution I would be in your debt. Btw, Tango12345, even if I can't make it work, I still want to thank you guys for the work you put into this. It's quite impressive

I'm afraid there is no solution to that one-CA don't give the codes out any more as I said.

Oh, and thank you for that.

Thread Information