Thread: armenian ranged cavalry

Default armenian ranged cavalry

playing on the latest version, have only played this version.

just started a new campaign as armernia [H/H, bonuses off] and have come across a very annoying issue.. when my units run out of ammo [true for general, heavy cavalry and horse archers at least] and i tell them to attack an enemy unit, they will only do so while the enemy have morale. it isn't possible to chase down broken units, your troops always just say 'orders completed' as if the broken unit has been wiped out. it's annoying enough that i might bail on that campaign..

also, unrelated, but is it possible to order ranged troops to charge into melee when they still have ammo?

Default Re: armenian ranged cavalry

alt+right click on enemy forces them to use melee weapon, even if they have ammo. Also, units with guard mode on will not chase down enemy units after they rout, you will have to reissue order to chase them.
    Last edited by Sar1n; April 28, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

cheers mun, if that's it i'm going to feel like a right old dickhead.

i never, ever use guard mode, but if it's on by default then that would explain it..

Only a few units have guard mode on by default. Not sure if horse archers have...

Also, thinking about it this might be caused by your units refusing to fire on targets too close. Anyway, alt attack should solve this.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

A couple of vanilla bugs are worth mentioning: cavalry units will often ignore commands when grouped and I have seen a bug where units will refuse to pursue. The second bug should only be an occasional thing though. If you have this problem all the time it's probably caused by something else.

well apart from one other sketchy time this hasn't really reproduced.. so i guess i'll go with vanilla bug :/