Thread: Questions

Default Questions

Just a bunch of questions running through my mind and perhaps others would like to hear answers aswell ...

Well im act watching Lord of the Rings: Twin Towers and its just gone past the part where the Harad are passing by with there huge Mumakil!!! and the rangers attack... anyway Faramir said to the Hobbits is he truly evil at heart when one of the archers from the Mumakil got shot off infront of them.

Question 1: So i was wondering are the Harad truly evil or are they just fighting because Gondor has been there enemy for years do there armys believe Mordor is the right path or are they just following orders... If i was King of Emperor of Harad i would help Gondor march onto the Black Gates with hundreds of Mumakil and tramp on all those Orcs while sending my fleet to aid Gondor to prepare there armys faster.

Question 2: Now for the Rhun my second favourite Faction just behind Galadhrim Elves mainly because of there armys which are balanced and everyone has to admit it, They Look AMAZING! Anyway are the Rhun truly evil at heart aswell? or are they just fighting because there told to... (If i was King of Rhun i would unite all the Rhun clans under one banner and march on mordor from the back door striking them from behind while Gondor hit them from the front )

Question 3: Gondor and Rohan have been allies for years but what i dont understand true allies trade true allies share things look at Britain and America we share technology. Rohan are the Huns of the Middle earth there skill on horse back is unmatched while Gondor are Skilled on Foot hosting the greatest warriors of man there armor is almost unmatched if it wasnt for those dirty Dwarves So my Question is why have Gondor never traded there armor to Rohan so Rohan can have amazing cavalry aswell as Infantry and why hasnt Rohan traded there skills and Horses with Gondor so Gondor can have the best infantry and amazing cavalry aswell as there skilled Rangers. Makes sence no?.

Question 4: In The Next Version of this mod is there ganna be more citys because i dont like having a faction which is ment to have an empire aka Rhun and they only have 4 settlements .

Well Hope you can answer my questions and anyone elses if they so wish to leave any

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Questions

Hello.
    The first questions are easy to answer by me:the men of harad,the corsairs and the haradrims were fighting against gondor for 2 thing:1:they were afraid of sauron and his power ,and as he brought them under his powers a long time ago,in the second age, they were forced to fight for him.2:some of them hated gondor because they were the descendents of numenor,who brought them under theyr rule and heavily taxed them and gondor also fought many wars in order to end theyr treat.

Your third question is a bit tricky, i have no answer to it as i am not J R R Tolkien .
    Also the fourth question is beyond my reach because i am not a team member and i have no intel about that.

I hope i cleared and answered properly at your questions(ok only 2 of them,.
    I must also say that's my own opinion and others may have different ones.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

1.) They have been corrupted by Sauron for along time like what Predator1994 said. Also they Worship Sauron as a god and above him they worship Melkor (Morogoth). and they wouldnt betray their god for a hated people also there is a presence of Black Numoreans that live here and they hate the elf friends and the desedents of Elendil and his sons.

2.)Rhun is the same as the Empire of Harad. They worship Sauron and such... Also they are some of the decendents of the other houses of men that were not part of the Edain of the first age and thus they hate/fear the Edain and the elves.

3.)True they have been allies for years but for trading skills thats kinda hard to do. Also the Rohirrim are situated on a Steppe like area which makes horsemanship a necessity for them and if they had heavy armor they would be bogged down and unable to manouvoer like they do. Also Gondor's armies are set up more to fight siege battles and large massive battles on the plains. and when they need help they call upon Rohan and vice versa. Also it took millenniums for each of them to devolope the way they did and you cant change something like that so drastically.

4.) I have no clue if it will but the new custom cities look awesome and would add something new to the game.

Thanks for answers both of you 1 more question... I Hope

The Mumakil are beasts which are very hard to take down and its said that the Harad have tryed to invade Gondor a few times my Question is with all these great beasts under there controle how could Gondor have beaten them back?

+1 rep for both of u

Edit: Another Question my Heir at the start of my Galadhrim campaign killed Frodo coz elves are really evil lol hes started to get touched and so on by the ring i dont wonna march on Mordor yet but i see alot of Mordor marching on me what will happen to my heir if he keeps the ring.
    Last edited by AeacidesOfEpirus; April 28, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Im sure they did what they did in the movies had the mumakil shot at by archers and make them run amok. also they would ambush them and focus the shots at the mumakil. im sure they had various other stratagems. concerning your heir all good factions get corruption traits if they have the ring. Also all factions will declare war on you trying to take the ring from you.

Sounds Fun

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

yeah it is somewhat

TheWitchKing's Avatar Semisalis

I can confirm that there will be more settlements in the campaign map, but it's only a handfull. It won't influence the gaming experience too much.
    Last edited by TheWitchKing; April 30, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

make sure Rhun and Harad get some coz Gondor,Rohan and Mordor have enough

As for the first two questions I say that everyone, no matter where you are from, has good and evil in their heart. Men of Harad and Rhun are just like anyone else, but since they happen to be at war with the main establishment (Gondor, the Elves) there would be a lot of propaganda spread about them, so people with ADHD (Gollum) believe everything they hear and think everyone from a certain country is evil. It's just like in real life, during the world wars many Americans thought that all Germans and Japanese were savages when perhaps it was just their government. But you are falling for Elf propaganda if you think an entire race of human beings is evil.

And obviously their is some sort of conspiracy going on against the Haradrim, because Gandalf took the time to go to Rohan and tell them they were being deceived and freed the king from Saruman's influence but he never took the time to go to Harad and help them with their problems. So it begs the question, who was hating first, the "good" men or the "evil" men?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Siffite View Post
    As for the first two questions I say that everyone, no matter where you are from, has good and evil in their heart. Men of Harad and Rhun are just like anyone else, but since they happen to be at war with the main establishment (Gondor, the Elves) there would be a lot of propaganda spread about them, so people with ADHD (Gollum) believe everything they hear and think everyone from a certain country is evil. It's just like in real life, during the world wars many Americans thought that all Germans and Japanese were savages when perhaps it was just their government. But you are falling for Elf propaganda if you think an entire race of human beings is evil.

And obviously their is some sort of conspiracy going on against the Haradrim, because Gandalf took the time to go to Rohan and tell them they were being deceived and freed the king from Saruman's influence but he never took the time to go to Harad and help them with their problems. So it begs the question, who was hating first, the "good" men or the "evil" men?
    Saruman was the one who went to the south (and all over the place -.-), Gandalf staid in middle-earth

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

niko21's Avatar Civis

yeah thats correct