Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Indecision 2012

  1. #1
    Col. Tartleton's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cape Ann
    Posts
    12,358

    Default Indecision 2012

    Since Romney won the Republicans we ought to move to the real deal.



    (Democrat) President Barack Obama
    (Republican) Governor Mitt Romney
    (Libertarian) Governor Gary Johnson
    (Americans Elect/Reform) Governor Buddy Roemer



    4 White Men. Who will win?
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; April 27, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Scots isn't a language.
    You're just really bad at spelling.


  2. #2
    Setekh's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,897

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Not yet. I will make the thread with the proper poll once he is declared to be the official Republican nominee.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Middle Kingdom: Total War (Poll)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...gdom-Total-War

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  3. #3
    s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lubbock, Tx
    Posts
    21,470

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Obama

  4. #4

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Three and a half white men.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    ... will strike back from his moon base and rule zthee en- wwöörlddd!

    ... withzz hizz neew älläizz from zthee dark zide of zthee mooon!!:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Newt, whole!... Is he zthee doctor (???)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Johnson carried the Libertarian ticket?

    He might get my vote. I really like his politics, he's like Ron Paul without the gold standard buzz and without the associations with conspiracy crowd. But he lacks all of Paul's charisma and political smarts.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

  7. #7

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Seriously... as American voter you don't really have much of a choice.

    The voting system doesn't really allow you to vote for a more left-ish 'commonwealth democrat wing', or a 'middle democrat wing' or a 'middle republican wing' or a more right 'teaparty republican wing'... let alone a socialist, environmental (green) or far-right nationalist party.... or [insert your political agenda here].

    Money plays a too important role in US elections, imo, and eventually the candidates will mostly 'honour' their investors. Also the majority voting system blocks new political movements from participating (wether their right-wing, left-wing or somehow new/alternative).

    In the 18th or 19th century, and for such a large country as the US - and without tv, telefon, internet at the time (or participation of minorities) - majority vote might have been the only option. But also nowadays? You don't need delegates to travel to a meeting somewhere, where they vote for their district.

    Nowadays people can inform themselves via tv and internet. And honestly... the percentage of people visiting the (broadcasted) political ralleys is, in total, very very small.

    Democrat or Republican - that's all? The current establishment won't want things to change, as their potency is, of course, a result of the current conditions. But of course proportional representation could, in case of the US (a multi-cultural and vast country) lead to latino, afro-american, jewish and whatnot parties showing up, which could perhaps destabilize or at least rock the entire current politica structure.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Agreed.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

  9. #9
    DarthLazy's Avatar Equites Cohortales
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    4,869

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Where did Ron Paul go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Intruder View Post
    Seriously... as American voter you don't really have much of a choice.

    The voting system doesn't really allow you to vote for a more left-ish 'commonwealth democrat wing', or a 'middle democrat wing' or a 'middle republican wing' or a more right 'teaparty republican wing'... let alone a socialist, environmental (green) or far-right nationalist party.... or [insert your political agenda here].

    Money plays a too important role in US elections, imo, and eventually the candidates will mostly 'honour' their investors. Also the majority voting system blocks new political movements from participating (wether their right-wing, left-wing or somehow new/alternative).

    In the 18th or 19th century, and for such a large country as the US - and without tv, telefon, internet at the time (or participation of minorities) - majority vote might have been the only option. But also nowadays? You don't need delegates to travel to a meeting somewhere, where they vote for their district.

    Nowadays people can inform themselves via tv and internet. And honestly... the percentage of people visiting the (broadcasted) political ralleys is, in total, very very small.

    Democrat or Republican - that's all? The current establishment won't want things to change, as their potency is, of course, a result of the current conditions. But of course proportional representation could, in case of the US (a multi-cultural and vast country) lead to latino, afro-american, jewish and whatnot parties showing up, which could perhaps destabilize or at least rock the entire current politica structure.
    nice post, Americans in general are smarter than people think, but tend left or tight of a very solid middle. Our candidates too get out the primary process run either hard left or hard right and then race back to the middle in the General.

    Too fix us politically the primary sytem needs fixed, or done the hell away with in favor of a damn sweet sixteen tournament.Round 1 8 drop, round 2 4 drop, round 3 2drop, Round 4 we get a president. The primary and electoral systems allows money too focus, play tactics and strategy. Money is much less effective nationwide, than when focused on one state. If money was effective nationwide would Romney and Obama now be starting their run for the middle vote, the middle is where power lies in American politics at the national level. The problem is to get the point that this comes into play, the politicians have too pander to the extreme nutjobs left and right, as these are the people who get off their asses and vote in primaries.
    Last edited by muller227; April 28, 2012 at 05:42 AM.

  11. #11
    Imperial's Avatar Equites
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida, US (wang of America)
    Posts
    3,830

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthLazy View Post
    Where did Ron Paul go?
    Where he always goes after a primary campaign, into obscurity.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Who should I pick, Obama or White Obama? I'm not sure. Can I pick White Obama as Vice President? They would mesh well with their identical policy. White Obama would be a better VP than Biden thats for sure.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

  13. #13
    Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Where he always goes after a primary campaign, into obscurity.
    Didnt Paul recently win a state(s)? I also heard Santorum delegates wanted to side with Paul. I wasnt really listening though.




  14. #14

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthLazy View Post
    Where did Ron Paul go?
    To where people who seriously want to change the system status quo go. He never had a chance. Even if he had, he would end like JFK or Abrahm Lincoln. (assassinated)

    At best he would end like Andrew Jackson, he also went against the bankers and got an assassination attempt. Ron Paul was to abolish the FED, which is enough to call all the angry bankers outside their nest against him.

    Spouting change is fine (like Obama), if it's only for some voting glamour and no real in-depth change, that doesn't upset any powerful elite.
    Last edited by fkizz; April 28, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

  15. #15
    Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Planet Ape
    Posts
    14,571

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Nader is a pretty good pick, but lol

  16. #16

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Nader is a pretty good pick, but lol
    Nader is a fear mongering opportunist.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

  17. #17
    Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,133

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthLazy View Post
    Where did Ron Paul go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Where he always goes after a primary campaign, into obscurity.
    You mean cryogenic freeze inside Washington's head at Mount Rushmore to wait another four years till his people need him again.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

  18. #18
    Imperial's Avatar Equites
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida, US (wang of America)
    Posts
    3,830

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg View Post
    You mean cryogenic freeze inside Washington's head at Mount Rushmore to wait another four years till his people need him again.
    ... And we'll hate him for it. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Who should I pick, Obama or White Obama? I'm not sure. Can I pick White Obama as Vice President? They would mesh well with their identical policy. White Obama would be a better VP than Biden thats for sure.
    Biden goes for a 2nd term as VP? Isn't he too old for that?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Indecision 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    ... And we'll hate him for it. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •