View Poll Results: The most interesting Age in the timeline of Arda is in my opinion:

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Time before the Years of the Lamps

0 0%
  • Years of the Lamps

0 0%
  • Years of the Trees

1 2.70%
  • First Age

13 35.14%
  • Second Age

9 24.32%
  • Third Age

9 24.32%
  • Fourth Age

4 10.81%
  • Pah, I don’t even like the books

1 2.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite Age:

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: Your favorite Age:

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1994 View Post
    Guys i don't like the 300 movie, or the battle of thermopylae(they lost utterly and al;most all died) ,but i like what they stood for,how they fought,their evolution acros the history of greece.Just read the historycal writings about them and not the pc made movie.
    Do you even know what you are talking about? What was it the Spartans stood for? Nothing admirable - if you'd read any historical texts on the Spartans you'd know they were an oppressive regime of elitist warriors who used the labour of vast numbers of slaves to sustain themselves. Not that the Persians were any better, but saying they stood for freedom is false.

That's right but it is not a topic we should discuss in this thread.

e: First Age for me. Guess I'm hopelessly conservative.

Not an easy choice, but I'll go for the Second Age - Númenor; Sauron still being able to present himself in a fair appearance as Annatar ("Lord of Gifts")... all in all an interesting era, although the other ages are also very interesting.

Btw, having the Fourth Age as a choice is a little unfavorable for FATW (DOM), as it isn't really described by Tolkien. And it therefore not being voted for, might look like even us FATW-fans don't like the Fourth Age - if'ye know what I mean (??).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    PS: there's a team working on a Second Age mod for M2 -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=472875 - in case anyone is interested.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

I don't consider a second age project viable, unless it has either a tiny scale (e.g map area smaller than WoM) or 3-5 dozen seasoned modders that can cover most areas required.

as for the 0 votes for FA, it just happens that someone may like some other Age more
    Last edited by Beorn; April 30, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    Do you even know what you are talking about? What was it the Spartans stood for? Nothing admirable - if you'd read any historical texts on the Spartans you'd know they were an oppressive regime of elitist warriors who used the labour of vast numbers of slaves to sustain themselves. Not that the Persians were any better, but saying they stood for freedom is false.
    umm they may have been somewhat oppressive in that they killed slaves off regularly. But the slaves could become better off than citizens in other cities in that they also made up part of the merchant class of Sparta. And Stop the trolling this is not someplace to be having this discussion. He never mentioned the Spartans and you brought it up out of no where. You should apologize to Aradan for bringing this up on a Fourth Age forum like I already have.

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

First Age: Epic Battles and a nasty Enemy that dwarf Sauron

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga84 View Post
    First Age: Epic Battles and a nasty Enemy that dwarf Sauron
    lol Sauron was the second in command to Melkor. So yeah you had the biggest baddie ever. I like it because of the heroics against the unbeatable... That was until the Valar came into the fray.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

But seriously, I like the fourth age better. More human vs human action, and less absolute good vs absolute evil action. Makes for a more interesting age.

mm they may have been somewhat oppressive in that they killed slaves off regularly. But the slaves could become better off than citizens in other cities in that they also made up part of the merchant class of Sparta. And Stop the trolling this is not someplace to be having this discussion. He never mentioned the Spartans and you brought it up out of no where. You should apologize to Aradan for bringing this up on a Fourth Age forum like I already have.
    This is wrong but indeed, best move this over to PM's.
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; May 01, 2012 at 07:16 AM.

Second Age , Reason .... Numenor ! , The War of the Elves and Sauron & Finally The Last Alliance the most epic battle of all times !. Of Course the War of Wrath was the biggest but for some reason I See the Last Alliance more interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12