Thread: Unit size reduced to 1

Default Unit size reduced to 1

I installed NER mod and my game wouldnt begin, I went an uninstalled all of the files and the game started again but all my units in game only have 1 man now. Ive uninstalled the game twice and re-downloaded it from steam and the problem is still there. I had darthmod installed before I had NER mod, not sure if that could be part of the problem also. Regardless I don't know how to fix the problem and would like some help please.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Unit size reduced to 1

From Download thread
    - For best immersion, playing with x2 campaign_unit_multiplier is recommended,but Mod will work fine on slower PCs with default multiplier. (path: users/(your computer name)/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts/preferences.script.txt )
    I suppose, the bold folder is left undeleted, and causes the issue.

Manually removal is needed, probably.
    Afterwards go Steam online, and Steam should update your game accordingly with the missing vanilla files. Edit: While usually even a game re-start should generate the folder.

Well, then at least you should have an un-affected NTW vanilla again.
    Else, running mods requires sometimes a bit of an overview, which files exactly come with a mod, and which files are required to deal with else, ie. here the preferences.script.txt file, which is, so to say, a user file (game setting administration) - besides possibly a user script file to run certain mods (not for NER needed though).
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 27, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Unit size reduced to 1

Maybe you should check your preferences.script.txt for campaign_unit_multiplier , it should be 1 by default