Thread: Normans flags

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Normans flags

Okay, so in my mod I am transitioning Normans into Aragon. I have just discovered that Aragon draws from many of the same graphics files as the English. How can I add a new flag and tell the Normans to use that? I hope this makes sense. Kind of hard to explain.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

HELLEKIN's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Normans flags

hello, King William , if i understand well are you converting normans in to aragon?if so there is a tutorial in mooding tutorials that teaches that,its easy i made that with Navarre using the saxons,you must add all units you whant to train and make the skins too....the banners it´s easy too pick up the banner you have to the normans,change it in format dds and convert it again and add to the attachments file,the only problem of that is that in my case the units,princes and so speak as english....and i´m still workink to change that,hope it helps

the link to tutorials section
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76202
    Homo Homini Lupus

thanks but the problem is I want to change the Normans banners but it draws from the same file as England. I don't want to change England...
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

HELLEKIN's Avatar Miles

hello...i´ll try to help...there is a file...descr_banners_new....i think this file shows the way to load the banners in to the game....
    ENGLAND
    <Texture Faction="England" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_england.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_england_trans.texture"/>

NORMANS
    <Texture Faction="Normans" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_england.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_england_trans.texture"/>
    can be changed to textres_norman

If you chaged the folders name i think the game will load the correct banner(after you made one of course...just try...back up the files...i never tried this but i think it´s the way...tell me if it works...
    Homo Homini Lupus

ah thanks. That helps.