Thread: HOI3 Patch 3.06 already in closed beta and Lothos no longer developing lua..

Icon7 HOI3 Patch 3.06 already in closed beta and Lothos no longer developing lua..

Play WW-I up to the Cold War! Soon possible with the "AHOI-Mod"!
    One of the most played Mod for "Hearts of Iron 3".
    Infos around Hearts of Iron 3 and the AHOI-Mod:
    - blog -___-forum-___-facebook-___-twitter-
    Widescreen GUI Mod for Hearts of Iron 3(also for HPP/AS/RPM/BlackICE)

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: HOI3 Patch 3.06 already in closed beta and Lothos no longer developing lua..

To add to this, it's confirmed that the CMP will be included in its entirety in the next patch, with a only few changes to Germany's western border. You can get a sneak peak at the new map by taking a look at my earlier post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post11195689

Here's the proof for those with a registered copy of HOI3: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13736803

For those that don't have a registered copy:

Quote Originally Posted by Devildread
    In order to keep you updated.
    The CMP will be in the next 3.06 patch yay!

CHANGELOG 3.06 candidate (from 1.5.2):

- Fixed duplicated adjacencies
    + 1569;1672;sea;10533;Waddeneilanden-Leeuwarden
    + 1569;1671;sea;10533;Waddeneilanden-Den Helder
    - Added missing river crossing adjacencies around Elbe river (inland Hamburg port)
    + 1571;1620;river;;Heide-Cuxhaven
    + 1677;1621;river;;Stade-Neumunster
    - Fixed wrong pixels in Spain
    - Reworked German west border
    - IJsmeller shouldn't block anyone this time
    - 5445 - Tripoli buildings changed: air_base = 4 naval_base = 6 (was both 10)
    - 306 - Padany infra changed from 2 to 6 (supply road from Leningrad to Murmansk)
    - 3300 - Debrecen air_base changed from 2 to 4
    - 3297 - Székesfegervar air_base = 1 added (fixed repetition of infra=8)
    - 3098 - Gyongyos air_base = 1 added
    - 5704 - Asyut infra changed from 1 to 4 (has industry, MP and leadership in it)
    - 7359 - Guyang infra from nothing (?) to 5
    - Some infra roads redesigned in China and Com.China
    - Reworked terrain around Com.China in order to make mountainous borders
    I also recently redid the regions in non-Soviet Europe to match the real administrative regions during the time period for the HPP mod, or at least get them as close as possible. That way the regions you see on the map will be real ones with correct names, as opposed to random groupings of 4-5 nearby provinces with no basis in reality. There's a very good chance those changes will be snuck in and make it into the official patch as well.
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; April 27, 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Default Re: HOI3 Patch 3.06 already in closed beta and Lothos no longer developing lua..

and so what's going to change gameplay wise?

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Well, I'm not part of the closed beta, and if I was I couldn't say without risking getting sued. What I do know is the map changed, with major changes to China. There are more rivers to cross, including the Grand Canal, and I added 7 ports to help the Japanese AI perform amphibious invasions. There are also more rivers in Belgium and the ones through the Netherlands are drawn better, so things will be a bit tougher for Germany. The USSR's portion of Poland it gets via the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact is shaped better and can take advantage of some more rivers to aid the defense.

The LUA files Lothos made aren't being used, so I don't know what's going to replace them. Lothos's files mainly improved performance and did little to actually change the AI. There's been a lot of discussion on the Paradox forums about using forum member PeterHOI3's production and diplomacy changes, with a Paradox employee even saying he was looking through the changes and considering using them or a subset of the files. That set of files is very similar to the HPP mod's files, in that the AI will dynamically alter its production based on the situation it's facing, but the difference is PeterHOI3's files throw plausibility out the window. So, for example, the HPP's German AI would start to build battleships, cruisers, and a few carriers after the USSR is beaten (basically, implement Plan Z), while PeterHOI3's AI will tell Germany to build carriers and cruisers since that's the best naval build.