Thread: Ugh, which ai/exe

Default Ugh, which ai/exe

So like, I use the BI/ALEX exe when I play the game...

The question is....is the ALEX more advanced AI running just because I selected to run it in BI/ALEX?

Because I didn't buy Alex...lol

Default Re: Ugh, which ai/exe

That's a serious question, isn't it?

There is no BI/Alex exe. There is BI.exe or Alex.exe. Thats your choice. Of course you need the expansions for that.
    Just selecting BI/Alex when starting the campaign does not help you. Surprising?

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    That's a serious question, isn't it?

There is no BI/Alex exe. There is BI.exe or Alex.exe. Thats your choice. Of course you need the expansions for that.
    Just selecting BI/Alex when starting the campaign does not help you. Surprising?
    Yeah, I thought that since I saw /BI/Alex exe in my folder...that when I selected to play the game with BI/ALEX, it would use the BI abilities like shieldwall, with the merge or ALEX ai, which is supposedly better....

But yeah, I only play the game..I don't know much about exe or folders.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If you don't have the RTW Alex exe installed then you can't play with it.

If you try to do so I'd expect an error to be shown - I know because in one of my installs I forgot to copy the Alex exe across and it returned an error message (I've forgotten which one it was)....

There have been plenty of topics discussing which exe is best to use so I'll close this thread.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here