Thread: Pdguru & "ANOther's" French Uniform Mod

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Pdguru & "ANOther's" French Uniform Mod

Greetings all,

I would like to make all my uniform mods available in a single pack - and one which minimizes impact on PC performance. For those familiar with my many individual uniform mod packs for France, some of you will have found that because I have created each pack as a stand-alone, I have a lot of atlas files, and that impacts PC performance if you use lots of them at once.

Now, managing atlases is not a strength of mine and has been aggravated by my use of lots of variances across and within units.

One thing I have learned in life is that when you lack a talent and/or an inclination, you need to add it to your team. So, today I am requesting here to see if someone has the time and skills to help consolidate my separate atlas files and unit packs into one pack. This would be released as a combined effort, appropriately credited and named "Pdguru and [Your Name Here]'s French Uniform Mod Pack.

I believe what's needed is someone who knows how to build packs using PFM, but can also edit the dds files (moving/consolidating the different uniform parts onto fewer dds files - no uniform changes required) so that the different uniform parts I have created across different diffuse, normal and gloss dds files can be consoliudated into as few atlas files as possible.

I hope someone out there might be interested, and if you are, please reply here, or PM me directly.

In the meantime, if anyone knows if a reference sheet has been created that "maps" atlas file location names onto the actual atlas pages that would be of great help so please refer me to it.
    Last edited by Pdguru; April 25, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Decanus

Icon6 Re: Pdguru & "ANOther's" French Uniform Mod

Sorry Great Maester, i do not have such abilities. Perhaps Grand Modder Iutland once he compiles all your units can release a mod containing only your creations.

Default Re: Pdguru & "ANOther's" French Uniform Mod

I'll help.....I can take time off of my mod to help. Just let me know what I can do to.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

This tutorial can be useful to help with the copy & pasting of items from one atlas to another.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536174

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    This tutorial can be useful to help with the copy & pasting of items from one atlas to another.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536174
    meh.....that's the slow and cumbersome way, there's an more faster way of cutting the textures. Nothing complex though.

ah sh! tt I take that back, the way you explain in the tutorial is slow for the normal, gloss ,& colour "cutting" of textures but for the diffuse it's not that bad but could possibly still be a bit troubling.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Why is it slow?
    It's the same speed for any texture file and at least you are sure you will not make any mistake.

nevermind uncle Steph