Thread: So... Auto Triggered Abilities?

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Default So... Auto Triggered Abilities?

When and how exactly do they work? I just want to know at what moment the abilities trigger when auto trigger is turned on. Should I bother turning it on? Or should i leave it off and manually trigger the unit abilities?

It would be great if someone could enlighten me on this; thanks in advance!

Default Re: So... Auto Triggered Abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedWaltz View Post
    When and how exactly do they work? I just want to know at what moment the abilities trigger when auto trigger is turned on. Should I bother turning it on? Or should i leave it off and manually trigger the unit abilities?

It would be great if someone could enlighten me on this; thanks in advance!
    They have an auto trigger? Your not talking about fire at will are you?
    This signature is clickable

Quote Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
    They have an auto trigger? Your not talking about fire at will are you?
    Mhm, its a small icon at the top right of the ability. Never used it myself though

They have an option to auto trigger unit abilities now it came with the April 11 patch if I'm not mistaken.

Banzai - Triggers when charge order is given or if unit is caught in melee.
    Rapid Advance - Triggers when charge order is given.

Fire Arrow/Whistling Arrows - Automatically triggers when unit fires at enemy.
    Hold Firm - Seems to trigger when entering melee combat.
    Second Wind - Triggers automatically when unit's fatigue is at winded.
    Warcry - Triggers when 1 or more enemy units are in the warcry radius.
    Last edited by IGdood; April 25, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Banzai - Triggers when charge order is given or if unit is caught in melee.
    Rapid Advance - Triggers when charge order is given.

Fire Arrow/Whistling Arrows - Automatically triggers when unit fires at enemy.
    Hold Firm - Seems to trigger when entering melee combat.
    Second Wind - Triggers automatically when unit's fatigue is at winded.
    Warcry - Triggers when 1 or more enemy units are in the warcry radius.
    Thanks for the info. I never used that auto trigger option and now that I know when the abilities pop up, I don't think I would want to use it anyway.

It's good to just micro your units and time your abilities at the perfect moments, not at the moments the option permits. Using Warcry to it's maximum affect on four units is the best potential with the ability. Wasting on one unit is just plain sad.

Thanks for the Info IGD! those were useful to know.

It's one of those things that sound brilliant but are actually useless in practice. Like Point_Man said no self respecting player should be depending on the AI to trigger these abilities, especially the more decisive ones like warcry, hold firm, banzai, etc.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    It's one of those things that sound brilliant but are actually useless in practice. Like Point_Man said no self respecting player should be depending on the AI to trigger these abilities, especially the more decisive ones like warcry, hold firm, banzai, etc.
    Granted, the abilities you mention specifically aren't the best to use the auto-trigger function on, but other abilities like rapid advance (or whatever the one that speeds up yari kachi is called) being triggered automatically when a charge order is given makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by flonky View Post
    Granted, the abilities you mention specifically aren't the best to use the auto-trigger function on, but other abilities like rapid advance (or whatever the one that speeds up yari kachi is called) being triggered automatically when a charge order is given makes sense to me.
    That one makes sense? Really?

I dunno. I find it hard to trust the computer with these things especially given the long cool downs if it gets it wrong. With the rapid advance one in particular I find it way too easy to send a unit into a charge simply because I forget to press Alt when I make the move order.

Fire arrows is probably the only one where I ever have auto trigger on to be honest, just so the first volley is on fire arrows instead of the second or third or whenever I press it.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

And anyway, it's not like they are on by default or anything. They are a choice, so players can use them when and if they want. Choice is good.

And anyway, it's not like they are on by default or anything. They are a choice, so players can use them when and if they want. Choice is good.
    I suppose. I just can't see why anyone would use them personally. Each to their own.

Well Rapid Advance increases charge bonus and gives the unit an increase in speed and stamina, and also sets it's stamina on "fresh" for a little bit before returning to it's original. So I wouldn't waste it just on the immediate charge order. If I'm correct, your units start to charge and yell as soon as you click on an enemy unit. WASTED ability there. I rather just click the abilities.

...Never trust the AI with your abilities (especially in multi), unless your just not good at micro managing.

Quote Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
    If I'm correct, your units start to charge and yell as soon as you click on an enemy unit. WASTED ability there. I rather just click the abilities.
    You may have a point there, dear sir. I concede!

As robinzx said, though, it could be useful for abilities like fire arrows.

I use auto all the time because I'm too lazy to micromanage. harharhar.

How does one auto trigger any of these?
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

See small icon within ability icon? Right click it to turn on autocast.

It's good for singleplayer I guess.

Don't ever use it in multiplayer though.

You can't even trust the AI to form a line, let alone trust them with abilities.