Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you have messed unit size

Default If you have messed unit size

SP mode allows only 2X unit size while MP 1X. Since the size is determined by DMN script you must have vanilla unit size option to default. If for any reason you do not have the right unit size in game then probably you have messed vanilla unit size option. To fix it:

1. Start DMN select Restore Vanilla.
    2. Start a vanilla game normally (not DMN+vanilla).
    3. Make sure that your starting armies have the default size (e.g. infantry 160, etc.). If it is not then adjust it through game's Options, Graphics (default is set to large).
    4. Exit and start DMN.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 08, 2012 at 07:15 AM.

Default Re: If you have messed unit size

I was having this problem last night after reinstalling DMN. My old saved campaign had the correct DMN unit sizes (line 360, etc.) but all the new games were at the unaltered vanila sizes. I changed the unit size in the graphics option to small, closed the game, then restarted with the launcher, but no fix.

I will try this sequence that you describe. But can somebody clarify the difference between "vanilla game normally" and "not DMN+vanilla" and the different ways to start them.

Thanks!

DMN+vanilla is playing a vanilla campaign through DMN. Starting vanilla game normally, means without using any mod at all.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 04, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply HusserlTW! So to start vanilla normally, do I just use the NTW bicorn icon in the start menu?

Yes!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Ok , I did exactly what you said. I run a Gefroce 680 graphics card and when I switch everything back to default and then max my graphics but not the unit size( I leave that alone) I will go back to the DM and when I go to single battle in the options menu it said small unit size instead of large when I saw it in Vanilla. I have installed 2.4 and deleted earlier version of DM

EDIT: Nevermind got it working
    Last edited by airborne guy; May 20, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    DMN+vanilla is playing a vanilla campaign through DMN. Starting vanilla game normally, means without using any mod at all.
    well not for me actually. as soon as darthmod starts running, even opening it through the normal shortcut opens the darthmod icon. plus, it prevents me from doing any mp battles, or "campaigns of the coalition".
    so i uninstalled it, and then ntw doesnt run! crashes the second the client opens. should i reinstall the game? yet surely- you created a quick way to uninstall darthmod, that didnt ruin the vanilla game? no?

You have messed something there. You should be able to play vanilla with DMN.

I suggest go in data folder and delete DMN folder if it is there. Then install DMN (!!!), start, select Restore Vanilla, exit, uninstall DMN using DMN uninstall..

nice, fast reply husserITW, thx a lot.

okay, what is "restore vanilla"? ppl have talked about it, i cant see it anywhere. the only relevant thing that it could be is "vanilla" on the campaing options tab of DMN

Go in menu, Utilities.

how can i successfully uninstall darthmod 2.4 and then get 2.5? do i have to go vanilla (ie utilities) in the intermediate time?

Yes, restore vanilla so all files return in mod folders.

hey there's a really frustrating problem i'm hoping you can help me

my unit size was messed up so i did your instructions as usual, this happened to me before already. i set it to default (this in vanilla), then changed/maxed the other settings. by the time i rebooted DMN the unit size was still messed up. so i did it again, this time w/o changing anything. when i rebooted the unit size was fixed, so i went back to the options (now in DMN) and maxed the others. and when i checked the unit size got messed up again !! does this mean i can't play using my own graphic preference ?

update: so i tried uninstalling DM but still it's the same problem. i'm able to have dm sized units i guess but that means i can't change my graphics settings ?

this is 2.5 mythos btw

I do not really follow you... You can change any of your graphic options except unit size.

Hi,

So it seems like every time I enter a battle, I get a CTD. I've tried following the steps mentioned in the beginning of this thread....I try and make changes in the vanilla version, but every time I go back into the DMN the changes haven't made it....

What am I doing wrong? What is the default unit size?

Please help!

i have the same messed up unit size.i restored vanilla started a new game ,set unit size to large...now i tried a vanilla campaign and my inf. size is 120 with large settings......that means although i set it on large its playing small.....and i too changed my graphic preferences to max...when i started te DMN ...same thing,unit size is still vanilla default!....

ti kanoume tora???

*unit size is vanilla small when i play DMN.....

I'm trying to play a 40 unit campaign with Spain using vanilla unit size, i.e., 160 men per unit but I allways get the x2 unit size, with infantry units numbering out of 360 men. The problem with this is that battles of 40 vs 40 causes me CTD so I want to try smaller sizes, any hel with this?

I've allways reverted to vanilla and deleted previous 40 unit saves to make sure I'm not messing anything up...

Ed.: Is anyone ever reading this??
    Last edited by Bucle_CT; October 03, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

I also would like to play 40X40 unit battles but with only about 160 men per unit as my game is so lagged out using standard 360 men units.

But I am guessing since I am necroing this thread that nobody knows how this can be done or it simply cannot be done.

Is it posible to play 360 man units using just 20X20?

Sorry for the necro but I am finding it frustrating and I really want to play this mod.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast