Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Third Age - The Empire strikes back

Default Third Age - The Empire strikes back

Dear friends of TWC, to prevent all forms of confusion and doubt, I will start by thanking all those whose work I have used and\or modified to make this sub mod a reality:

• The base of my sub mod is of course the wonderful 'Third Age 3.1' mod - let me add to the praise of King Kong and his team.
    • At the core of the sub mod are parts of the 'Reikland' faction from 'Call of Warhammer\Rage of dark Gods' - another showcase what can be done with M2TW.
    • To implement the Reikland faction I have used an older version of 'Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods' by David93 - the Anduin faction served as base for the implementation of the Reikland faction.

The major part of this sub mod is therefore based on other modder's work and they deserve all the praise (and rep) you can give them.
    The Idee to 'Third Age: The Empire strikes back' has been inspired by the work of The Holy Pilgrim on a similar mod, but his mod was 'only' a custom battle mod without campaign option. Unlike his submod I have only made use of the Reikland faction to support an initial story line that is solely based on my ideas.

Plans are to expand this storyline with a later sub mod - aiding the stalwart leader of the imperial force, general Bernhard von Steinbach, to further heroic adventures. Underneath an appetizer for this sub mod

The following has been implemented

• Faction Reikland has been added as 'Imperium'
    • Legion names have been added for this faction (Legio Arnor, Legio Iron hills etc)
    • The kings purse has increased for all factions to increase the difficulty of th ecampaign
    • Spys, diplomats, assassins and merchants have been disabled
    • Factions have been allied into 'Good' and 'Bad' blocks with the Imperium being on it's own.
    • Several informative event messages have been added to further the story line
    • Buildings have been added for the Imperium faction
    • The Imperium has limited recruiting abilities outside their CoW roster

I hope this idea finds appreciation in the eyes of players and the original modders will forgive me for the use to which I have put their work.

Installation

• Download and extract the attached torrent file (this torrent is privately hosted), alternate non-torrent links can be found in the second post.
    • Double click\run the torrent file and proceed the same way as you would with any other torrent
    • Implement this tutorial by Emperor of Hell if you wish to run several submods
    • Place both installation files (EXE and DO1) in one folder
    • Double click\run the EXE file, the DO1 file will be installed automatically

Note to installation
    The installer will automatically find the correct installation path based on your registry entries. Should you have 'MyProduct' written in the path, manually browse to your 'Medieval 2 Total War' folder - NOWHERE ELSE!

The way to do it Error reporting

1. General = Due to a drain on resources the error log has been set to 'error' - the lowest setting. To find errors that are not obvious in the 'error' log, kindly set your log to 'trace' and then compress and attach the error log after a crash.
    2. Finding the log = it will be in the ...\Medieval II Total War\logs folder
    3. Setting the log to trace = open TATW.cfg (in the Third_Age_3 main folder) with Notepad. In the [log] section, remove the semi-colon ( ; ) in front of the trace line and add a semi-colon in front of the error line, save. The log will become rather big, but compressing will reduce it to approximately 5-10% of it's original size.
    4. Please provide details what happens, when it happens and anything else that could be of help.

Credits: Of course every part of this Submod belongs to the great Modders who did them. I have no rights on this Mod/Submod. The only thing I have done, is to bring together two of the most magnificent mods for M2 we have ever seen! Glory and Honor to King Kong and Team Third Age, Werebear and Team CoW/RoDG!!
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Default Re: Third Age - The Empire strikes back

An alternate, non torrent, download is available at our Infracta website.

Download speed is restricted to 100Kbps for guests, registered members will have up to 500Kbps

Direktlink to WebDisk page

These three steps still apply to the installation:

• Implement this tutorial by Emperor of Hell if you wish to run several submods
    • Place both installation files (EXE and DO1) in one folder
    • Double click\run the EXE file, the DO1 file will be installed automatically
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 26, 2012 at 01:00 AM.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

looooooool

Had to laugh at the trailer, looks like fun
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; April 25, 2012 at 05:43 AM.

Holy pilgrim is also working on a custom campaign. This is going to be interesting xD

Put in the vampire counts and I'm sold. By the way, did you balance the units to each other? I can imagine CoW has a different balance than TATW
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

I only know the custom battle submod of my friend Holy Pilgrim. I guess, he will bring in more factions of CoW. I have only interest in imperial Conquest
    So, "Empire strikes back". In the further this is only part one of a great "Story-Submod-Campaign-Odyssey" of the Imperial Army. Next mod they will spawn is...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    a secret

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Elitewolf View Post
    Holy pilgrim is also working on a custom campaign. This is going to be interesting xD

Put in the vampire counts and I'm sold. By the way, did you balance the units to each other? I can imagine CoW has a different balance than TATW
    Yep, I will be doing a custom campaign with most, if not all, factions from Rage of Dark Gods. Vampire Counts included

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    I only know the custom battle submod of my friend Holy Pilgrim. I guess, he will bring in more factions of CoW. I have only interest in imperial Conquest
    So, "Empire strikes back". In the further this is only part one of a great "Story-Submod-Campaign-Odyssey" of the Imperial Army. Next mod they will spawn is...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    a secret
    Yes, I cannot wait for the next installment! I will be eagerly following this mod, especially since I'm a sucker for Crossover mods

+rep Monguntiacum!

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So, it overwrites original TATW mod?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Ofcourse it does. Looks nice btw, i'll try it.

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

really great work!

the trailer is great! This picture with the music together , my face was so: !

a work by Wallenstein?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hyretic View Post
    really great work!

the trailer is great! This picture with the music together , my face was so: !

a work by Wallenstein?
    Indeed by Wallenstein

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Yep, I will be doing a custom campaign with most, if not all, factions from Rage of Dark Gods. Vampire Counts included
    Yay! I'm a sucker for the vampire counts. I loved being able to keep full stacks of zombies and skeletons around just in case!
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Looks fun
    BTW i was listening to
    Benny Benassi & Public Enemy - Bring The Noise (Pump-kin Remix)
    whilst watching the video and it fits surprisingly well haha
    will check this out though

I'd like to install it, but I want to make sure it can be uninstalled

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Simply follow the link given in the installation instructions, it's the nature of sub mods that you cannot uninstall them, unless they involve a limited number of files:

Implement this tutorial by Emperor of Hell if you wish to run several submods

Thanks +rep for all

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Great submod man! I hope you can join efforts with THP.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Great submod man! I hope you can join efforts with THP.
    thank you. but what mean THP?

The Holy Pilgrim

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    thank you. but what mean THP?
    Me

Ahh, okay, I know most abbreviations of mods, but modders...
    I don´t think, that THP does need my help, also he has give me some help to bring in CoW Units in TA

thanks again Holy Pilgrim!

--------
    and i also have to do the translation for 1648, i stopped for this funny submod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast