Dear friends of TWC, to prevent all forms of confusion and doubt, I will start by thanking all those whose work I have used and\or modified to make this sub mod a reality:
- The base of my sub mod is of course the wonderful 'Third Age 3.1' mod - let me add to the praise of King Kong and his team.
- At the core of the sub mod are parts of the 'Reikland' faction from 'Call of Warhammer\Rage of dark Gods' - another showcase what can be done with M2TW.
- To implement the Reikland faction I have used an older version of 'Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods' by David93 - the Anduin faction served as base for the implementation of the Reikland faction.
The major part of this sub mod is therefore based on other modder's work and they deserve all the praise (and rep) you can give them.
The Idee to 'Third Age: The Empire strikes back' has been inspired by the work of The Holy Pilgrim on a similar mod, but his mod was 'only' a custom battle mod without campaign option. Unlike his submod I have only made use of the Reikland faction to support an initial story line that is solely based on my ideas.
Plans are to expand this storyline with a later sub mod - aiding the stalwart leader of the imperial force, general Bernhard von Steinbach, to further heroic adventures. Underneath an appetizer for this sub mod
The following has been implemented
- Faction Reikland has been added as 'Imperium'
- Legion names have been added for this faction (Legio Arnor, Legio Iron hills etc)
- The kings purse has increased for all factions to increase the difficulty of th ecampaign
- Spys, diplomats, assassins and merchants have been disabled
- Factions have been allied into 'Good' and 'Bad' blocks with the Imperium being on it's own.
- Several informative event messages have been added to further the story line
- Buildings have been added for the Imperium faction
- The Imperium has limited recruiting abilities outside their CoW roster
I hope this idea finds appreciation in the eyes of players and the original modders will forgive me for the use to which I have put their work.
- Download and extract the attached torrent file (this torrent is privately hosted), alternate non-torrent links can be found in the second post.
- Double click\run the torrent file and proceed the same way as you would with any other torrent
- Implement this tutorial by Emperor of Hell if you wish to run several submods
- Place both installation files (EXE and DO1) in one folder
- Double click\run the EXE file, the DO1 file will be installed automatically
Note to installation
The installer will automatically find the correct installation path based on your registry entries. Should you have 'MyProduct' written in the path, manually browse to your 'Medieval 2 Total War' folder - NOWHERE ELSE!
Credits: Of course every part of this Submod belongs to the great Modders who did them. I have no rights on this Mod/Submod. The only thing I have done, is to bring together two of the most magnificent mods for M2 we have ever seen! Glory and Honor to King Kong and Team Third Age, Werebear and Team CoW/RoDG!!