Thread: Royalist Resistance In Dorne (Part of the War of the Usurper)

Default Royalist Resistance In Dorne (Part of the War of the Usurper)

This will subsequently be updated as I add more information;

Royalist Resistance in Dorne:
    King's Landing:
    Following the sacking of King's Landing, by House Tyrell, and the murder of King Aerys I Targaryen, Mace Tyrell claimed the throne for his own, taking the regnal name, Mace I Tyrell, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm. With more than 30,000 soldiers holding the city until he could negotiate with rebel forces and claim that the Targaryen's are no more, and that a new age has begun.

Robert Baratheon was the first of the High Lords of Westeros to bend the knee to Mace Tyrell. He immediately dispatched a raven and beckoned his brother, Stannis, in Storm's End, to mace peace with Lord Randyll Tarly, who commanded 40,000 men besieging Storm's End. After the truce was signed, Robert dispatched his younger brother, Renly, south with a large host, 20,000 strong to negotiate with Prince Oberyn Martell of Dorne. The negotiations were hasty, and an agreement was reached. Lord Renly Baratheon was ordered by his brother to exchanged 5,000 Dornishmen captured at "The Battle of the Trident" for the release of Nightsong (Under Martell control), and for the Dornish to return home, once they bend the knee to Mace Tyrell.

In the South...
    Foolishly, the young Renly botched his brother's plan, and exchanged the Dornish prisoners of war for Nightsong, without forcing the Martell's to swear fealty to the Tyrell's. Prince Oberyn Martell took his host of 15,000 (including the PoW's), and returned south down the Prince's Road.

Prince Oberyn immediately made preparation's with Lord Anders Yronwood, Lord of Yronwood and Blackmont, Hand of the Prince, and Warden of the Stoneway, to reinforce Vulture's Roost, the hilltop fortress overlooking the Prince's Pass, as well as The Boneway itself. Upon returning south down the Prince's Road, Prince Oberyn informed his brother, ruling Prince Doran Martell, via raven, that he had retrieved the Dornish PoW's, and made the exchange, and was returning south to strengthen defences.

In KL:
    The new King, Mace I Tyrell, took oaths of fealty from House Stark (and its bannerman), House Baratheon (and its bannerman), House Arryn (and its bannerman), House Tully (and its bannerman), and House Lannister (and its bannerman), as well as all of his own (Tyrell) bannermen.

Robert Baratheon, having received news from his brother of the exchange informed King Mace that Prince Oberyn Martell had marched his army south to Dorne. Immediately, knowing his new position was not secure, the King called a council of the Major Houses whom swore fealty to him, he pleaded each of the Highlord's contribute 30,000-50,000 men to the contuing war effort. As long as the Martell's remained loyal to the Targaryen's, The Iron Throne was at risk.

King Mace I Tyrell, sent ravens to The Arbor to prepare the naval forces of The Reach, as well as to prepare transport ships. The combined army of The Iron Throne was 300,000 for the invasion of Dorne, which has never been conquered through military means, not even by Aegon I Targaryen (The Conquerer) and his dragons.

Timeline of Royalist Resistance:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

283:

June, 283 AL
    - Death of King Aerys Targaryen, end of Targaryen Dynasty in Westeros.
    - Fall of King's Landing.

July, 283 AL
    - Battle of the Tower of Joy. 3 Kingsguard die. Last battle fought against Targaryen's.
    - Fealty sworn to King Mace I Tyrell by; Baratheons/Lannisters/Starks/Tullys/Arryns/Tyrells.

August, 283 AL
    - Mace I Tyrell announces to his Royal Council (Consisting of the 6 major houses and important lesser House leaders) that there will be an invasion of Dorne, due to their denying that the Tyrell's sit the Iron Throne. King Mace orders each Highlord to contribute 30,000-50,000 soldiers for the invasion force.

November, 283 AL
    - Final preparations are made for the invasion force. Arbor/Shield Island ships have arrived at Three Towers.
    - Siege of Vulture's Roost begins with 20,000 soldiers under the command of Lord Cleon Baratheon, and Lord Jonas Florent, besieging the Fortress. Another 40,000 soldiers are marching down the narrow Prince's Pass towards the Boneway, under the command of King Mace Tyrell, and Lord Tywin Lannister.
    - Town of Wyl submits to a Tully army.
    - Tully/Lannister/Baratheon force continues towards the Stoneway Pass. (Numbering 30,000 strong.
    - Lord Jaxon Allyrion, Warden of the Prince's Pass halts an strong advance of 40,000 troops down at The Boneway, with just 3,000 men in a tight causeway. "Battle of the Boneway Begins".

December, 283 AL
    - 10,000 troops are loaded into 300 transport ships and sail towards Sun House. At Sun House, 20,000 Tyrells boarded the ships and set sail for the "Blackmont River", to assault the Western Dornish Port Fortress of Starfall, with 30,000 men.
    - "Siege of Starfall begins".

284:

January, 284 AL
    - 10,000 soldiers land on the Southern Shore of Dorne, south of Sandstone, in an attempt to take the
    town by surprise. This catches the attention of Prince Oberyn Martell and his mounted horsearcher company known as the 'Sand Wasps'. The Sand Wasps consist of Archers mounted upon Dornish Sand Steeds. These horsearchers are experts in skirmisher warfare. This leads to "The Battle of the Red Dunes".

April, 284 AL
    - 200 transport ships are guided up the Brimstone River, aiming to besiege Hellholt.
    - "Siege of Hellholt" begins.

June, 284 AL
    - 200 ships from Evenfall Hall are prepared to carry 20,000 Stark/Arryn soldiers to besiege The Tor.
    - "Siege of Starfall" ends. Martell victory.
    - "Siege of Hellholt" ends. Tyrell victory.

July, 284 AL
    - Battle of The Tor begins. Town surrenders within days.
    - "Battle of the Red Dunes" ends. Martell victory.

October, 284 AL
    - 25,000 soldiers march to Skyreach from Hellholt. City lacks manpower to defend itself. Lord Allyrion surreneders, and yields to Tyrell's trapped in the Prince's Pass. "Battle of the Boneway" ends. Tyrell pyrrhic victory.

December, 284 AL
    - Soldiers protecting the Stoneway Pass retreat within Yronwood Castle.
    - Two clear land routes are now open to Tyrell reinforcements.

285:

February, 285 AL
    - Ghost Hill surrenders without a battle.
    - Vaith surrenders without a battle.

March, 285 AL
    - Godsgrace surrenders without a battle.

April, 285 AL
    - Salt Shore and Lemonwood are blockaded by Arbor fleet.
    - Yronwood surrenders to Tyrell forces with little violence.

June, 285 AL
    - 60,000 Tyrell's "Advance to Sunspear" halted by 30,000 Martell soldiers. A peace treaty prepared in Winterfell is accepted by the Martell's. Prince Lewyn Martell's remains are returned to Sunspear. Prince Oberyn Martell agrees to a duel with his sister, Elia's murderer. Prince Doran Martell, Lord of Sunspear, accepts conditional surrender of Sunspear, to end 3 long years of war. Prince Doran and his bannermen bend the knee to King Mace I Tyrell, unifying the Seven Kingdoms once more.
    - Salt Shore and Lemonwood blockades end.
    - Siege of Vulture's Roost ends.

(to be continued..)

(For all those of you wishing to have your family's character die in this war, please let me know, and provide a background story as to how they died ) thanks!! (Send in a PM)
    Last edited by Dance2; April 25, 2012 at 01:44 AM.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Re: Royalist Resistance In Dorne (Part of the War of the Usurper)

This is actually a pretty good idea, a more story-like manner of telling the game's backstory is pretty sweet to have. Though, you may want to change the names around later...

1. Robert Baratheon got into a mutual-kill scenario with Rhaegar on the Trident (he still caved Rhaegar's chest in, Rhaegar slashed his throat open) as per the new timeline.
    2. Stannis & Renly may not even exist, we'll have to ask Bjorn for confirmation once he gets back from his exams.
    3. Some lords' names might have to change depending on who controls 'em and whether their players kept them or replaced them with their own characters.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

I know my guys name en't Paxter that's for sure.

If you need changes, just PM me, and I can mend it easily lol. Not everybody has proper ages set up for me to determine whose ruling what family at what time. So I used the leaders from the book at the time.

Updated the timeline for the resistance, in the OP.

jakev2's Avatar Primicerius

Role of Randyll Tarly looks fine from my point of view, no need to change anything there.
    House Tully, Lords Paramount of the Trident in A Game of Thrones RPG

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

My name isn't Mace Tyrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Clagius View Post
    My name isn't Mace Tyrell.
    You also think an 8 year old killed Aerys Targaryen. Might want to fix your character list and provide a proper character (14-years prior) to when we're starting. As well. I posted above PM me for changes.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I don't see the Battle of The Tor in the 285 AL.

This is from the timeline Barry made:
    Almost simultaneously, Royal forces from the eastern Reach and the Stormlands storm The Tor by sea, burning & looting the port and castle town while House Jordayne cowered in their keep. These two victories help restore confidence in the Tyrells.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; April 25, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    I don't see the Battle of The Tor in the 285 AL.

This is from the timeline Barry made:
    Almost simultaneously, Royal forces from the eastern Reach and the Stormlands storm The Tor by sea, burning & looting the port and castle town while House Jordayne cowered in their keep. These two victories help restore confidence in the Tyrells.
    I'll mend this.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    I'll mend this.
    Double check Barry's timeline to make sure its all there.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    You also think an 8 year old killed Aerys Targaryen. Might want to fix your character list and provide a proper character (14-years prior) to when we're starting. As well. I posted above PM me for changes.
    You should read my posts..