Thread: AI Reinforcement CTD

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Default AI Reinforcement CTD

Manually installed RBAI 5.6 onto Sicilian Vespers and my own version on BC - having lots of fun.

After ages, I have experienced again that subtle pleasure of being badly kicked in my a..e in a big pitched battle

Just one problem after some 100 battles so far - if I attack a small AI army and it gets reinforcements from a much larger stack, RBAI crashes - I would say probability is around 50%.

Attaching 3 SV logs + 1 BC log, with pictures to figure out battle conditions and my SV campaign script to locate faulty lines of code.

Default Re: AI Reinforcement CTD

Hello, this is happening to me too. Everytime the AI gets reinforcements the battle crashes.

For me it happens as soon as reinforcements are attacked.
    Last edited by Diezcortez; July 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM.

Yeah, this reinforcement CTD in RBAI 5.6 is f'ing up Stainless Steel and even more in TATW where its embedded. This issue needs a fix badly, but G5 not being posting for a while so we might never get one.

Perhaps someone could post up a link for RBAI 5.3 which doesn't have this fail
    M2TW Keeping Kernow's Dark Passenger at Bay since 2009
    Clear Eyes Full Heart

This would be really helpful.

I think the CTD comes from the aiswitcher being blocked. Try turing the "run as administrator" in the kingdoms.exe on and make sure that your anti-virus program does not block the aiswitcher and SS bat file, by allowing them in any application filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    I think the CTD comes from the aiswitcher being blocked. Try turing the "run as administrator" in the kingdoms.exe on and make sure that your anti-virus program does not block the aiswitcher and SS bat file, by allowing them in any application filter.
    As you can see from my post above, the bug is only triggered in very specific conditions and log files point to specific code parts. Therefore, I am very skeptical about a generic root cause like antivirus interferences. All my SW is run as administrator, on the other hand.

Also note that I removed the code from the campaign script and relied only on the script activated through the advisor: since then I have been playing tons of battles in BC & SV without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfans View Post
    Also note that I removed the code from the campaign script and relied only on the script activated through the advisor: since then I have been playing tons of battles in BC & SV without problems.
    Can I get it, without crashes with reinforcements from the AI​​? Plz

Quote Originally Posted by OPASEH View Post
    Can I get it, without crashes with reinforcements from the AI​​? Plz
    You can download the Sicilian Vespers version here