Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Rome: Total War [WIP] (Parthia, Bactria, & Epirus Complete! Plus Campaign map screens!)

Default Re: Extended Rome: Total War [WIP]

Update:
    I have finally finished the rosters of Pontus and Armenia. They took a long time to complete, but I am more than happy with the results. I feel as if I gave them both good rosters that are unique and accurate for history and gameplay. Next I will be working on Parthia and then Numidia.

Here are the screens:

Default Re: Extended Rome: Total War [WIP]

Battle Screens part two

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Extended Rome: Total War [WIP] (Pontus & Armenia Complete!)

If only I still had Rome Total War! Why!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

It's really cheap nowadays, I'm sure you could get it

debux's Avatar Senator

Screenies look good! Overall the selection looks really good. I'd just take away the phalanx formation for the levy hoplites (and while I'm on it, you might want to make them less "heroic" by giving them a quilt that would cover their torsos ), so that they work like they would have in history (phalanx formation works too weird for it to be used for hoplite phalanxes, in my opinion). But if you find a good balance for them, go ahead

If only I still had Rome Total War! Why!
    Blasphemy! Every TW player must have at least 1 copy at home!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Ah! debux, good to hear from you! I feel as if my thread goes unnoticed sometimes. Thanks, I think both factions have a great roster. About the militia hoplites, don't worry every faction will be given a shirt for them at some point, and NO hoplite will fight in the phalanx formation when this mod is released, I guarantee it. I will have signifier ones' animations implemented before I release.

Quick update: I have decided that the Mundus Magnus map will not do for this mod. Instead I have elected to use the map made by Caligula Caesar, the FO team and the ExRM team. It is a beautiful map with great geographical features. Also we will be adding new settlements that reflect the time period well and also brings gameplay balance. And on top of that I'm going to add M2TW textures to the campaign map to give a unique feel. Lethe1 will be doing the work with me. I have no idea how long it will take, if it can be finished by the time I complete everything for initial release then it will be in, but if it takes longer then don't expect it in the initial release.

I just finished editing the edb for Pontus and Armenia. Parthia will be my next faction so I can knock out the east.

For any of you that view this thread, please feel free to comment!

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Ah! debux, good to hear from you! I feel as if my thread goes unnoticed sometimes. Thanks, I think both factions have a great roster. About the militia hoplites, don't worry every faction will be given a shirt for them at some point, and NO hoplite will fight in the phalanx formation when this mod is released, I guarantee it. I will have signifier ones' animations implemented before I release.
    Yeah, everybody is just always into the newest TW, and always forget the old good 'uns... it's always nice too look back and see new ideas going around in classic games. Besides, I'm always lurking around these areas, looking at potential mods I could inspire myself on for when I finally am able to start my own mod (my ambitions since two years already). You can always think as well on the people that look around but don't post, happens pretty often. And in the end, you should always enjoy doing the mod, more than releasing something for others, what's important it's that you enjoy the process.

Oh, and sorry about the animations comment, it just looked in one screenie as if you had iomplemented the overhand animation, but had retained the phalanx formation. Saw later in your AAR that it's not so.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Quick update: I have decided that the Mundus Magnus map will not do for this mod. Instead I have elected to use the map made by Caligula Caesar, the FO team and the ExRM team. It is a beautiful map with great geographical features. Also we will be adding new settlements that reflect the time period well and also brings gameplay balance. And on top of that I'm going to add M2TW textures to the campaign map to give a unique feel. Lethe1 will be doing the work with me. I have no idea how long it will take, if it can be finished by the time I complete everything for initial release then it will be in, but if it takes longer then don't expect it in the initial release.

I just finished editing the edb for Pontus and Armenia. Parthia will be my next faction so I can knock out the east.
    Great stuff! Although you might want to be careful with the strat_map balancing... the big spacing between settlements might mess up the whole system. It might be a good idea either to include a government system (similar to those in EB, RTR, etc) or add more happiness bonuses to buildings, otherwise it might be really hard to manage a large empire.

Cheers mate! Don't give up if it looks as if no ones commenting, just take it as if their happy with what they see, and have nothing to say that could be improved.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I am currently reading on the FO team's government systems and I would like to have something similar.

Thanks! I have dreams of getting my own forum, but we will see. I need to release something first and have positive feedback.

Yeah, I am subbed to this, even though I'm not a heavy commenter. And I agree with making it easier to manage the empire with happiness bonuses. In my mod I made a little while back, I made barracks, walls, government buildings and such give bonuses for happiness or law. Having a great empire is awesome, but not when making that empire means having 50 settlements of 400 population

And I'll get back to you tomorrow on my findings on Carthage.

I was once an Angel of Total War Heaven, but gave up my wings for a life on the sea of battle.

That is a good idea! And thanks, I look forward to your analysis

Looking good, mang.

the textures, be sure to backup prior to putting them in their folder

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

interesting

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

some nice units, looking good btw

debux's Avatar Senator

BTW, you should update/improve your OP, by highlighting the subtitles (like the part that you say you need help) in order to clear it up. If you want, I can edit the OP and send you a final version (more reader friendly) through PM. You might want to attach a few random pics to a spoiler, so that first-time viewers don't have to search for them.

I'll take you up on that offer! I was thinking the same thing, but didn't know how to organize it. Go ahead and send it to me and we will discuss it

Okay, some news. I probably will not be active on TWC for the next few weeks to a month. I have some family matters to attend to and I'm not sure that I will be bringing my lap top. If for some reason I do, or if TWC lets me log in from another computer I will still post updates etc. If not, I will still be working on the mod through email with Lethe1, who will be making the map. As we make progress I will request that he post some screens, just keep the thread alive and all of you interested
    If I end up having my laptop, the above words will be mute as I will continue to add units etc. We will see what the future holds, by all means if this thread does not receive an update for awhile, PLEASE do not ask if it is dead, because it is not, I'm simply taking a break due to personal matters. I will be back and like I said, some map previews should be coming within this month

debux's Avatar Senator

Good luck man!

I'll take care of PR if you want takes me two seconds.

For the eagerly awaiting fans: I hereby officially present the first screenshot of the map. I added a view on Italy as an attachment to this post. You will notice the map has M2TW-textures for the terrain. One more settlement is to be added to Italy, but the region limit is reached, so I will first need to sacrifice antoher region. Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica are completed. Don't mind the looks of armies, these will change later on, I'm just giving you a first view on the map itself.
    Please do note I've placed Rome onto the Tiber. I've made sure that this doesn't cause any bugs, so it's just a nice feature that reflects our goal of historical accuracy.

It's looking beaut!!