Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Extended Rome: Total War [WIP] (Parthia, Bactria, & Epirus Complete! Plus Campaign map screens!)

Default Re: Extended Rome: Total War [WIP] (Parthia, Bactria, & Epirus Complete! Plus Campaign map screens!)

Wow. I admit to my faults with HRTW. I was lazy, bossy and picky. I know that and I apologize to all of you who may be hurt or upset about my actions. Yes, I admit that this mod that I am making now is a restart of HRTW because things didn't work. I made tons of mistakes with HRTW, and hameleona was there to point them out. Me, being as stubborn as I am bucked him and it just became chaos. Everything turned into an argument and no progress was made, so I quit. That's from my point of view. At the time I didn't know how to do any modding and I used people to do the work for me instead of trying to learn myself.

In April, when I started this mod because I still had my ideas that I wanted to see put into RTW. I started off on my own, learned some things to do some basic modding and I ended up creating a base mod. Then Jzech came around and offered to help with faction symbols, and as he did those and other art for the mod I completed the faction rosters.

So yes I admit, I was a very poor leader, I didn't treat my teammates with respect and I bossed them around. To all of you who were on that team, I full-heartedly apologize to you.

Also if I deserve to be banned or something, I will humbly accept the punishment although I do not feel like I really did anything that broke the rules.

Lastly, this current mod has had no problem going forward because I am not bossing people but I have actually done a lot of the work on this mod. I learned a hard lesson with HRTW. However I do ask for assistance when needed because there are still a lot of things that I don't know how to do, but at this point I rather do it myself than have others do it for me. I was not like that with HRTW.

So to rometotalwar and ElvenKind, you are right, I have no reason to fight back. I was a jerk and I deserve to be criticized. However I do not think I should be in trouble for this mod because since I started this mod I have done nothing wrong but mind my own business.

And here is the honest truth to WHY I left HRTW:

The mod started as a simple mod that was going to add some new units and change some factions around just to make the game a little more accurate historically speaking. I befriended a guy named Primo and we started working. More members came along and naturally they had their own ideas, which led to discussions. This is my first mistake, instead of sticking true to my original idea I kept adding to the idea of the mod to the point where it was going to rival EB! I honestly thought it was possible. This shows the tremendous inexperience that I had and it just went downhill from there. As time went on my ideas kept changing and we kept restarting but we really got nowhere. Then in January I declared to start the whole thing over and make it once and for all. Yet, as I idly sat by bossing people around everyone else grew tired and restless and eventually upset. Hameleona was right on many occasions, when he would try to correct me and I wouldn't listen to him.

Eventually I just got tired of it and went A-Wall on my team (In US military going A-Wall is running away from the military, it is not allowed and you get in major trouble) but anyways I ditched them all. My reasoning? Well like I said the whole HRTW idea was too big and I had my doubts. I was scared, lazy and selfish so I just quit. Yes, it was a horrible thing to do and I will own up to it. So yes, you all are right.

Now on a more personal note. I am in college right now and my home is 1,000 miles away. Do I have the RTW or BI discs with me? NO. That game enthralled me so much that it was all I could think about day after day. All I did was sit in front of my laptop on TWC or the game trying to make a mod. Why do you think so much progress has been made in this mod? It's because from April to July it's all I did and cared about. I neglected my own family, friends, and well being. luckily I was able to realize the dark pit that I had fallen into and climb out of it. That's why there have not been an update in over a month because I havn't even TOUCHED a file related to RTW. Real life is more important sometimes. I wanna play well in baseball this year, I want good grades unlike last year, and I wanna be able to be around my friends more than I was. I was made fun of for being on this computer all day modding.

So there you all have it, I wouldn't type this all up just to lie. I'm being 100% honest and I accept any punishment that is given to me (if I really deserve it).

As for this mod, it isn't dead, just on hold. It's a hobby of mine, not my career. And to clear things up, I have permission to use everything that I have included, I have done a lot of the work myself and I am grateful for all the help that has been given to me.

If you have any questions or if you don't understand something, ask. I mean my faults have already come out, it can't get much worse for me.

There is someone who I forgot to mention, that was there for me as a friend and that is Asgaroth. He knew that I was struggling with HRTW and he was loyal and never gave up. That is another reason why I left. I felt like Asgaroth should be in charge as he was very dedicated and treated everyone with respect. Thanks for being there man.

Default Re: Extended Rome: Total War [WIP] (Parthia, Bactria, & Epirus Complete! Plus Campaign map screens!)

Just to say something. I was silent for now, but must say something now :

More members came along and naturally they had their own ideas, which led to discussions. This is my first mistake, instead of sticking true to my original idea I kept adding to the idea of the mod to the point where it was going to rival EB!
    First of all who made you switch ideas from the original HRTW ?. As far as I know everybody liked them and those changes were made by you and from your mind not other members who joined. Everybody was stressed by your ideas to change the mod.

And what more members when 5 of 43 people were working on the mod ? I will named them now gladly : Primo(Darth Luke), Macedonia, Hameleona, Skull % Me. RTW was new and I was learning him how to implement the units in the mod. You were just bossing around and telling us what to do, so that doesn't count as work as far as I think.

Second the only thing why Primo and Hameleona stayed in the mod was because of me. I beg them to stay because I was sorry for your and your ideas which I personally liked. And if you want me, I will post the PM's right here if you would like me to ?

Also, this personal project of your is ok in general, but again it is just a big spit in the face of Hameleona, RTW and me who are still members of HRTW and who were busting our asses for you back then when 5 of us were working and the rest 35 people that you invited were just viewers of the work we do and that was really sad. Also not to mention it is a big spit to all of the HRTW members that are currently working on the mod because you just abandoned us all just like that. After that, no matter that we were still working on that mod you started the same project just with another name and I will never forgive you for that as well as for the all work I have done, trusting you something will actually be done.

I wouldn't have that courage to start a new mod like you did (especially a one that is the same as the one you left) just in respect towards the people I have turned my back on a few months ago. I would rather try to return to them and be at least a researcher for that team if I don't have the skills or better to say the will to do something else. By doing that I would show my respect and gratitude to 5 people who thought my ideas were good in the HRTW and when the rest of the 35 people from the mod were drinking juice and smiling in front of their PC's. In that way I would try to apologize to them from taking time from their RL's, so that my wishes could come true. But you were to proud to be just a little stupid researcher, you must be the leader inorder to feel better, right ?

And behind avatars and this forum names : RTW, Hameleona, Skull, Macedonian, Luke Vader & Asgaroth there are actually real people with their own lives, families, obligations, problems, so I think you could show at least a bit of respect then hiting youself in the chest and being to proud.

And for you RL thing I can say only one thing : It is all in your head my friend.

I also study at the medicine collegue and I train soccer for 12 years now and I don't always pule around for my RL. It ius hard sometimes but I bite my tongue and try to be a good example for my team and make them all happy for doing this mod and not that they fell like they do a second job with no payment. Also other members from my team, and previous HRTW have/had their RL, their obligations and things that need to be done and they don't say to me " look Asgaroth I have a RL so I won't be doing the mod for the next 6 months and the rest of you guys find yourselves around on your own", so you were not the only one with your life.

Furthermore, having an idea doesn't make you the king of universe. Probably many people back in ancient times had an idea to make a big empire, but only Rome did that. So deeds not words my friend make your mod good.

Last, but not least : Who flies high, low falls.

It's AWOL not a wall lol.

Asgaroth you are right, I am definitely humbled. Pride was my downfall.

To be honest I am very embarrassed at myself, I never would have thought that something like this would have happened.

I have learned a very important lesson and I humbly accept it.

My apologies and condolences to everyone out there. I am very sorry

Requesting MODERATOR`S intervention due to violation of Forum Rules and ahowl11 using other people`s ideas WITHOUT their permission.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I second that request, and I also request that this thread be closed. I will no longer pursue making this mod.

Again I am very sorry everyone.

Thank you ElvenKind for doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    I second that request, and I also request that this thread be closed. I will no longer pursue making this mod.

Again I am very sorry everyone.

Thank you ElvenKind for doing the right thing.
    Hope u won`t be banned or anything like that, sorry man, but I had to do what has to be done.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

It's okay. This is good for me. I hope I do not get banned either but at least I feel better about stepping down

Peace, please .

Guys, this type of problems are better solve them by private messages as civilizate people...or in the TW Center tribunal if is finally required.

I'll hope that you don't let the mod, ahowl11, and i don't see a reason to be banned ...the same idea or similar project don't seems me a reason, i'm agree with Asgaroth but i think that you can find a way to solve your differents.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I don't think there is a reason to abandon the mod, once again, you can still do it in a different time frame

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Milner View Post
    Peace, please .

Guys, this type of problems are better solve them by private messages as civilizate people...or in the TW Center tribunal if is finally required.

I'll hope that you don't let the mod, ahowl11, and i don't see a reason to be banned ...the same idea or similar project don't seems me a reason, i'm agree with Asgaroth but i think that you can find a way to solve your differents.
    I second this... doing something wrong doesn't mean you have to drop all the current progress. It gives you another chance to do thing better. But don't let go of everything at once (think of your current "team members"! Will they like the fact that you're dropping everything now? Don't let down two teams in a row ). But if you definitively want to leave RTW modding, it's alright. The good thing is that you were able to realize what went wrong and what went right.
    Last edited by debux; August 26, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Well I really want to continue because I feel as if this mod had a positive future, but then again I do not want to pursue something that will make people upset.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Thread closed by request of OP.